UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Reducing Global Warming

Nos-demise

Wanderer
I think it's BS, but interesting BS.
I wonder, did they calculate the force needed using most or all the variables? Or is it just some random made up number? We'll see I guess.

I thought it needed atleast the force of a dozen Nuclear missles.... to "knock" the earth out of orbit.....alittle....

or maybe is a excuse to get computer geeks who does nothing but surfs the net to start do jumping jacks...

hmmm

On a SERIOUS note,

wouldn't doesn't Newton's 3rd law rules out their prediction?

(For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction)

I mean, the moument you land back (after you jump..) the earth is exerting the same amount of force onto you...thus, the net force equals zero.... (Fjump = Fg, that would be at the top.... and Fjump1 would equals to Fjump2 so overall, Fnet in system though time = zero...)

(A system in motion(even if its sitting still, as sitting still is still a motion..) stays in motion unless there is a change in Fnet in the system....)

since Fnet = zero... therefore nothing changes in the system..

NOW...unless something is pushing you towards the earth and applying and outside force to the system... that would work...

but I imagine it will take planet-sized Rockets installed on the Earth to move it out of orbit.... the propellant should do the trick...hahaha

lol, I must be bored...and my mind is pacified by Cough Syrup....*hates being sick*

Edit:*note: Nos, I think the number of ppl required is just an arbiturary number... after all, if they REALLY want to do it, they have to Calulcate the MASS of the person as well.... *

According to any scientific principles, as well as the laws of physics, nothing inside a system can alter any external variable applied to the system. I think someone has his head up his ass.

Quantos said:
According to any scientific principles, as well as the laws of physics, nothing inside a system can alter any external variable applied to the system. I think someone has his head up his ass.

wow, Quantos said what I said in 2 sentances...

I AM wordy....

I do not want to appear rude but......

ROFLMAO as if .......... or should I say if you think that would work, please by all means JUMP away LMAO

I still think is a ploy to make people who are stuck to the internet..(kinda like flies in a web/net..)

to start excerising... they probley need it hehehe....

"come on now, 100 more jumps...... just 100 more...."

The Mysterious Stranger said:
I still think is a ploy to make people who are stuck to the internet..(kinda like flies in a web/net..)
*Psychiatrist walks into the room*

And how long have you been having these suspicions of Big Brother and conspiracy?

:p