UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rares

timothy wood

Sorceror
I was just wondering how many people are tired of the rares. I mean i dont see anyone ever go out hunting or doing anything that this game was based on. It has been about rares and events. I would like to see more hunting and more of doing what the game was based on. Please post your opinon on this matter but please be respectful. I am not looking for people to cuss and be rude this is just a discussion on how others feel about his matter. THX

Silly Santa

Sorceror
A lot of what I have to say about this is based on my thread that got trammeled before. But here is a rundown to answer your questions..

1- yes myself and a lot of others are tired of the current rares. This is because a lot of the "1 of a kinds" lost a lot of their value for 1 or another reason.
2 - People do not go out hunting for reasons like... no new dungeons have been getting added, no new dungeon levels for preexisting dungeons have been getting added, no new mobs have been getting added.. no new tameables have been getting added.. people get tired of farming the same spawns over and over year after year as well as taming the same pets.
3 - People don't hunt also because they can donate for gold.. which is a lot faster.

I myself always missed this aspect of the game, because it was largely on PVM.. as well as PVP. People would go farming for resources, gold and items.. and sell them in town or on their vendors. But... times have changed and the state of the economy needs fixing. Also, a lot of people are not in dungeons because you cant find PVP in them.. because people are not farming in them anymore.

Just my 2 cents.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Just an economists point of view.

Price of 10k Reagents
2005: 400k
2014: 250k

Price of CBD:
2005: 250k
2014: 600k

Price of pure white:
2005: 250k/yd
2014: 10m/yd

Price of castle:
2005: 25-50m
2014: 25-50m

Price of greater heal wands:
2005: 1k per wand
2014: 10k per charge

Price of purple petals
2005: 2k
2014: 500gp

Price of valorite runic weapons
2005: 1m
2014: 1m

Don't hate the game. Hate the player. If you farmed in 2005 a few select purchases/handouts give you no reason to farm anymore.

This is from a 10 year merchant.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?search/8561434/&page=10

Reds aren't supposed to have it easy. You are even lucky that you can go inside towns. Why do you think they made Buc's Den and O-Town? Stealing from reds for free has always been there on any shard that I know of. Apparently, blues are just not figuring out and doing it in mass now. You might have a valid point on the AOE.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
you would expect those AOE rules on OSI back in the day as they started to cater to the blue trammel populations but not here on hybrid the king of all pvp where we hate trammies and relish all things pvp!

these changes however have been in effect for quite some time, i think people are just starting to notice it now, coming back to to server and being like, hey, wait a minute...

i can see the pros and cons of it but in terms of PVP, it very blue centric

while before a blue had to sacrifice himself or take great risk as to casting something like blade spirits in a big crowd of reds fearing the reds the reds may have planted a blue in the mix as "strategy" or even just fearing a random blue would run by and the blade would attack him, now they can literally just stand stationary in the middle of the screen and spam cast blades over and over

they wont hit his guild mates, they wont hit other blues, they will only hit reds, no risk,

seems to go against everything that comes to mind when we think of hybrid doesnt it

Twist-hybrid

Sorceror
i would love to see poker removed or at the very least have the gold removal rate greatly increased. itd be nice if people actually had to do something other than sit at a table all day to make money. poker and corrupt gms are what allows people to amass these huge fortunes that made the brit rares vendors "necessary"

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Don't hate the game. Hate the player. If you farmed in 2005 a few select purchases/handouts give you no reason to farm anymore.
And yet millions of people still farm in World of Warcraft, released in 2004. To blame the players for the current state of the economy and server is profoundly naive.

There is no reason to farm because THE GAME provides no reason for players to farm. Anyone with even a modicum of imagination could dream up ways in which the game could provide more activities for players to do. Prices have skyrocketed on certain items and dropped on others because THE GAME allowed certain people to warp the economy by acquiring billions of gold, allowed a decade's worth of resources to pass from one hand to another via IDOCs, and has no systems in place to tie BODs to server activity level.

The system determines the outcome of the game, not the players.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
There never should have been over 10 billion, let alone 1 billion in the economy held by active players :(

I agree with the poker by the way.. that was another one of my suggestions that i made but got trammeled yesterday. The fact that people are DDoS'ing others at the poker boat and using poker bots there is ridicolous... and the poker boat is still open for business.

Bubbles

Traveler
i would love to see poker removed or at the very least have the gold removal rate greatly increased. itd be nice if people actually had to do something other than sit at a table all day to make money. poker and corrupt gms are what allows people to amass these huge fortunes that made the brit rares vendors "necessary"

all the GM's are logged and monitored. If you have any concerns regarding any staff member feel free to contact our admins suzy and francis, there are ways it can be looked into.

everything is tracked and logged, every item created, every command entered

otherwise tone down the corruption talk and take it easy. there are proper channels you can use if you have concerns

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
I love watching the forum warriors come out and hate on the staff. It's *always* got something to do with staff corruption.

How about this idea, sometimes people just have luck and do amass huge fortunes.

Your comment about 10B gold is ludicrous, in the grand schme as to how big hybrid is thats small potatoes.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
oh look who it is ... blacksheep... yea as if you have "always" had hybrids best interest every day :rolleyes: Dont think i forgot about what you did, kid. :mad:

Dont get it twisted by the way - if i didnt give a hoot about hybrid.. i wouldnt have spent hours writing up a HUGE list - a BIGGER list - than anyone else has ever written up about ideas/recommendations/concerns about everything thats been going on and yes there was a couple rants in it.. it was unfortunate to see it get insta locked and trammeled though yesterday.

Yeah i want to see Hybrid do better.. and be better than other shards..i played here for almost a decade kid... but if things remain -as is.. as they have been for a while now.. nothing is ever going to change and the competition will increase for hybrid.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I hope my post wasn't interpreted as staff-bashing, as I do feel that the current staff is better than it was at any other point that I've played. It just seems clear that the server would be much more successful if PvE were psychologically rewarding and the economy was better regulated.

BrandonMK

Sorceror
Dont get it twisted by the way - if i didnt give a hoot about hybrid.. i wouldnt have spent hours writing up a HUGE list - a BIGGER list - than anyone else has ever written up about ideas/recommendations/concerns about everything thats been going on and yes there was a couple rants in it.. it was unfortunate to see it get insta locked and trammeled though yesterday.

People, he made a huge list. That's some unparalleled dedication right there. Please slow down the Silly Santa hate train. Until you make a bigger list, you have no room to speak.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
blah blahs...

Yeah i want to see Hybrid do better.. and be better than other shards..i played here for almost a decade kid... but if things remain -as is.. as they have been for a while now.. nothing is ever going to change and the competition will increase for hybrid.

Listen - The competition isn't increasing, the stark reality is that the "scene" for UO is not growing... it's shrinking and has been for years.

We *are* working on changes but you're sitting here tossing around assumptions like nothing is happening. You obviously dont know what's going on behind the scenes so how about you show a little bit of respect and patience. We are a small very tight nit group running this now and we wont bang things out fast but we're doing a good job.

And just to show you how ridiculous your 10B comment was... there are nearly 600,000 player characters on Hybrid, all of which started with 1,000 gold (that's 600,000,000 gold by itself) the vast majority of which have spent more than 40 hours in game thus have farmed, gained gold etc... If they only farmed 100k of gold which isn't hard you're looking at tens of billions of gold.... on the order of 40, 50, 60,000,000,000 gold. That's not a simple economy to regulate.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
We *are* working on changes but you're sitting here tossing around assumptions like nothing is happening. You obviously dont know what's going on behind the scenes so how about you show a little bit of respect and patience.
Why not keep players informed about what's coming so that they don't feel as though issues aren't being addressed?

Also, I suspect that Santa had more of an issue with individual players acquiring billions of gold. Webster Tarpley has shown the consequences of this, as he has single-handedly doubled the price of wands, and runic hammers have become obscenely overpriced.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
People, he made a huge list. That's some unparalleled dedication right there. Please slow down the Silly Santa hate train. Until you make a bigger list, you have no room to speak.

Hahaaa..... Yea i mean it is what it is... I did write it up bc i do have dedication to the shard and want to throw good ideas out there that would help the shard... I just find it ironic that people like sheep try to question my dedication - as if im so anti hybrid. He hasnt been a "innocent saint" from what i saw 1x ...

It is what it is though... I had more good ideas i wanted to throw out there but a lot of people are content with hybrid and how it is now and others just want to derail good suggested ideas ... and a lot of those people though were not around during hybrids prime so they "dont know any better" IMOP...

Its sad seeing some people not believing that hybrid cant return to its former glory days... I disagree with these people though... with hard work, anything is possible.. and people shouldnt forget...

1 - Believe it or not - some people quit UO back in the early 2000's and havent played since. Thus, if they heard about hybrid.. they would most likely give it a tr.

2 - People quit this shard for various reasons... if these reasons were addressed.. and problems fixed... a good amount of people would be willing to come back.

You can all call it how you want it... call me a basher, call me a trammy, call me a staff hater, i dont care. most of you dont know me, the integrity , the devotion, and the love i have for this shard..i played here for almost a decade - how about you all?

it is what it is .. im not here to prove myself to anyone... you can all believe me or not - thats on you.. but unlike a lot of you guys - i have seen hybrid in its glory days and i dont think all hope is lost for it to ever return back to it. Call me dillusiuonal - but thats on you.. im a believer - but a lot of people are not believers... so whose the "anti-hybrid" person now that has no passion? Clearly you guys cant say me.. and if you do - you're the dillusional ones IMOP.

Also - a lot of people have posted suggestions - which is great... but people like you BLACK SHEEP - dont question where my integrity lies.... your one to talk yourself... I heard some of the shitty things that you have done.. and if i didnt give a hoot about this shard... i wouldnt have written up a bigger suggestion/idea list than anyone :mad:

White Lotus

Sorceror
Silly Santa has good passion. From what i can see his anger isn't particularly aimed at staff, more as he is just a passionate UO player who wants to make the game better much like myself. That is the type you need. People who are willing to go die hard to get things done as properly and efficiently as possible.