UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rap/Hip-Hop/ music in general..

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
Ok i didn't get to reply to the thread i wanted, so i made one. If Lil'Wayne has 1 billion$ from the music industry then that makes him good at what he does.. Music is entirely based on opinion, so in alot of people's opinions. He's the shit! just saying, just throwing that out there... hey but what do i know I'm just some guy who play's uo lol.. and i love how people throw names out there like blah blah who cares tbh i mean if theyre so good how come there isn't millions of people paying to go watch them in concert or buying their album or in anyway possible helping them by donating some sort of cash.. i don't get it i mean there must be alot of people who dislike them.. oh and also it doesn't matter what they rap about it matters what u want to hear.. :D look I'm not dogging your music so don't dog ours. but then again in the wise words of katt williams GO ON AND HATE BITCH..

Hydrofiend

Knight
Lil wayne made millions from rap, because black people/thugs can't grasp deep lyrics. They want to hear the same 4 lines the whole song, so they can remember them, and sing along... His songs are shit, he raps about the same shit Tupac was rapping about 20 years ago, but not nearly as well as Tupac. Mainstream rap is going backwards, it started out great, with Tupac, Wutang, etc., now it is filled with shitty rappers who can't rap for shit, and have no imagination.

All of the good rap nowadays, is in the underground.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZnF8hra5mFw

That is one song by Apathy and Celph Titled, nothing Lil Wayne has ever written can compete with that one song. Isn't even nearly their best song either.

You want to hear good rap, look up:

Apathy
Brother Ali
Celph Titled
Demigods
Livings Legends
Aesop Rock
Louis Logic
and anyone the above rappers, rap with.

DeViiaNt

Knight
Rap is most certainly garbage and the shit has progressively gotten worse since the end of the 90's (with the exception of those on that list above). I wish I could understand why people like Lil Wayne. I've heard his songs on the radio and it's just baffling at the nonsensical shit that spews from his mouth. It doesn't rhyme or make sense. There's no story being told. Not to mention I've heard him say "I don't like sushi" in at least 2 different songs.

When I visited Washington DC earlier this year, the local radio station did nothing but hype the shit out of Lil Wayne because he had a concert there that weekend. Every commercial break was an advertisement for that concert, and every other song seemed like Wayne's. I had that song that loops "one banana" in the background stuck in my head for 2 weeks because of that :[

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
Lil wayne made millions from rap, because black people/thugs can't grasp deep lyrics. They want to hear the same 4 lines the whole song, so they can remember them, and sing along... His songs are shit, he raps about the same shit Tupac was rapping about 20 years ago, but not nearly as well as Tupac. Mainstream rap is going backwards, it started out great, with Tupac, Wutang, etc., now it is filled with shitty rappers who can't rap for shit, and have no imagination.

All of the good rap nowadays, is in the underground.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZnF8hra5mFw

That is one song by Apathy and Celph Titled, nothing Lil Wayne has ever written can compete with that one song. Isn't even nearly their best song either.

You want to hear good rap, look up:

Apathy
Brother Ali
Celph Titled
Demigods
Livings Legends
Aesop Rock
Louis Logic
and anyone the above rappers, rap with.
nobody wants to hear that shitty ass rap.. why do u think theyre still underground? LOL gtfo kid plz taht youtube link almost made me wanna puke.. garbage ass rap i could think of better raps..

White Lotus

Sorceror
its as simple as promotion....if everystate and radio station was playing your songs on the radio over and over for years str8 youd sell millions of records also.........however if u are an underground rapper speaking on something that could actually effect peoples opinion about the world/country....radio stations are going to be paid not to play your song so that people dont start changing.....this isnt opinion this is FACT....look into it if you do not believe me....people like canibus, immortal technique, and k-rino have been getting shunned by mainstream media for years but if you rap yourself and understand the skill it takes to make the different types of it you will easily understand that many underground rappers are on an entirely different level then lil wayne, gucci man, wiz kalifa, solja boy, and whatever other mainstream rapper is on...FACT

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
Rap is most certainly garbage and the shit has progressively gotten worse since the end of the 90's (with the exception of those on that list above). I wish I could understand why people like Lil Wayne. I've heard his songs on the radio and it's just baffling at the nonsensical shit that spews from his mouth. It doesn't rhyme or make sense. There's no story being told. Not to mention I've heard him say "I don't like sushi" in at least 2 different songs.

When I visited Washington DC earlier this year, the local radio station did nothing but hype the shit out of Lil Wayne because he had a concert there that weekend. Every commercial break was an advertisement for that concert, and every other song seemed like Wayne's. I had that song that loops "one banana" in the background stuck in my head for 2 weeks because of that :[
why do u reply to this thread if ur not a fan of rap u stupid fuck..? again u guys cant grasp words this is ur opinion this isnt true rap isnt garbage cuz theyre still making so much money its fuckin unreal to you maybe but not to a majority of people..

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
Lil wayne gives hiphop a bad name, how you gonna post a tread about rap/hiphop with a lil wayne song in it?

i agree, trammel this
lil wayne gives hip hop a bad name? what do u listen to lady gaga and justin beiber? are u mental?

Hydrofiend

Knight
nobody wants to hear that shitty ass rap.. why do u think theyre still underground? LOL gtfo kid plz taht youtube link almost made me wanna puke.. garbage ass rap i could think of better raps..

Apathy is one of the most skilled mc's in the rap game. You obviously have no clue what real rap is, son. Keep listening to your crap music, keep being a follower. I don't expect simple minded people to understand good lyrics when they hear them.

This song is just for you and your weak taste in music. Maybe it will dawn on you that your music is crap after hearing enough good rap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5ILMQOyvPc&feature=related

None of lil wayne's weak ass songs can fuck with the underground.

Everyone in the Army of the Pharaohs crew shits on lil wayne's weak rhymes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XsAXnboYVc&feature=related

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
its as simple as promotion....if everystate and radio station was playing your songs on the radio over and over for years str8 youd sell millions of records also.........however if u are an underground rapper speaking on something that could actually effect peoples opinion about the world/country....radio stations are going to be paid not to play your song so that people dont start changing.....this isnt opinion this is FACT....look into it if you do not believe me....people like canibus, immortal technique, and k-rino have been getting shunned by mainstream media for years but if you rap yourself and understand the skill it takes to make the different types of it you will easily understand that many underground rappers are on an entirely different level then lil wayne, gucci man, wiz kalifa, solja boy, and whatever other mainstream rapper is on...FACT
ok how about some of your underground rappers, i wanna hear their songs on the radio and see if they blow up? i doubt they could possibly.. NOT everyone wants to hear someone's boring ass life's story tbh oh wait except em. now that is a true artist and lyricist.. but one and only dont fuck wit it ...

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
Apathy is one of the most skilled mc's in the rap game. You obviously have no clue what real rap is, son. Keep listening to your crap music, keep being a follower. I don't expect simple minded people to understand good lyrics when they hear them.
as to u.. he sounded like shit tho man i dont think u understand its not just what u rap about its how u sound how u emphasize words.. i mean who wants to hear some suburban white kid rapping? not saying hes that just saying :/

mjr11

Sorceror
lil wayne is pretty garbage now.... and most of his fans are probably white lol

but he was better in the song u posted weezy

Vek

Sorceror
Wayne Goes Hard but after you've made hundreds of thousands of songs you get bored and try different shit. Hes made deep songs, gangsta shit, sad shit, hes touched every area of rap music and raped it. That rock shit he tried was retarded though, i dont like everything hes done but overall he is a very talented rapper and should not receive the hate he gets.

Also Katt Williams is fuckin hilarious

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
lil wayne is pretty garbage now.... and most of his fans are probably white lol

but he was better in the song u posted weezy
idk i cant argue, cuz i didnt like his rock music that much but we'll see carter lV is supposed to be out soon..