UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Quick update on the hardware upgrade...

R

Ryan

Quick update on the hardware upgrade...

After a long bout with the RAID Drivers for a brand new operating system (Windows 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition) we have the RAID Array built and installing. I will keep you updated as we progress through the day.

Thanks,
Ryan

M

Mark

Ryan is having the new hardware moved to his private rack, then Krrios and I get to tag-team x64 into submission. It might take us a while, but we'll get it done. ;p

pwned.nl

Sorceror
Mark said:
Ryan is having the new hardware moved to his private rack, then Krrios and I get to tag-team x64 into submission. It might take us a while, but we'll get it done. ;p
GET-R-DONE

jerger

Wanderer
raid is faster performance, expecially for servers. that means it can write to the hard drive faster (if that type of raid, some raids make 2 copies of everything that way everything loads on the hard drive in theory faster (with two copies going at once)... the other method of raid would add security, such as it would create a backup of everything we have.

anyways, it either means add security, performance or both.

at the same time windows 64, means more performance/stability. it can do alot more (64 registeries) then 32bit. if ultima was a 64bit game, it would do even better, but since it is not, the only gains we will have is for server/windows performance gains. unless runuo or ultima is ever changed to 64bit, it will make no reall large difference.

the faster cpu and ram will however make the server more stable/faster and HOPEFULLY give room for growth for more monster spawns, housing ect.

M

Mark

jerger said:
unless runuo or ultima is ever changed to 64bit, it will make no reall large difference.

I've already completed the port of RunUO to 64 bit .NET, but the key reason for the move is 64 bit address space. Any speed benefits will just be icing on the cake.