UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Questions about training pets. (mares)

Re: Questions about training pets. (mares)

Wow. it really is going to take at least a week...of macroing them ALL day...haha. they gain maybe...once every 2 hours it looks like. ive only manged to get mine to 75.4, does wrestling and the melee skills gain faster, or will that be another 2 weeks?

i have 2 people helping me, wiht gm vet on the mares while they fight, (one person on each mare)
and then i just have a macro that says

say mare 1 kill
target mare 2
wait 90 secs
say all stay
wait 60 secs

it works well, does how you do it make a difference to how they gain? i know i havnt seen this macro style in any guides.

Jam-hybrid

Knight

Remembertheway said:
say mare 1 kill
target mare 2
wait 90 secs
say all stay
wait 60 secs

90 secs maybe too long if they're at 75 magery. Try about 20-30 secs, if you want them to gain magery they have to use higher level spells and they'll only do that if they have enough mana. Tell them to attack and lore them every few secs, see how long it usually takes for their mana to go below 40. Then alter your macro as such.

as far as i can tell, my mares (both at 75 magery now) are not casting anything bigger than fireball... shouldnt they be casting e-bolt or explode now? and they shouldnt be to far from flamestrike...but will they cast it? they dont seem to be aware that they can do more damage than fireball... but they are gaining..SO SLOW, but they are...leading me to believe that i just can t tell the difference. any thoughts?

Jam-hybrid

Knight

What level are the other skills at? The last time I trained my mare they started casting ebolts and explode at about 70-ish, though they didn't cast it often. Remember that their firebreath looks exactly like fireball. Are they atleast casting lightning?

SO, about that. im wondering how pro abortion used to train mares that were not bonded in a few days...he must not of killed them...and this is taking me 2 weeks just to do magery and resist...not even into the melee skills yet...i would kill to know how he did it.
i tried sending him a pm...no reply...does anyone know if hes still doing it or still around?
or does anyone know how its done that way. i would sure love to know. =)

thanks jam, they are now flamestriking each other quite often, and quickly after i say all kill. =) it is encouraging to see. i noticed e-bolt at around 77.
the magery on both is at 86 now =) if i didnt need the money i would keep them for myself =) hehe.

My mares wont seem to gain at all after hitting 90.2
i have them fighting for 20 secs and then med for 60 secs.
is there something i need to change when they get this high in magery...

Dors Venabli

Wanderer

Training gets VERY slow when magery hits 90ish and resist hits 85ish. My current pair of training mares are at 92ish magery and 86ish resist, and can go a couple hours easily without any gain at all.

Edit: You may be able to let them fight for longer than 20 seconds. Let them fight for as long as it takes to get their mana below 40 (at which stage they will be unable to cast FS). Mine fight for approx 70 seconds, and then rest for 120 seconds.

This may not be the most efficient method, but it's the best I could come up with.

thanks!! ill let them fight a bit longer. how long have you been training them, are you training to sell or training to keep for yourself?

Dors Venabli

Wanderer

They've been training for about 40-45 hours at this stage. Still undecided as to whether I'll sell or keep. Having them boated after all this training isn't something I'd look forward to. If I were to decide to hang onto them for myself, I'd donate for a pair of pet summoning balls to be sure of hanging onto them.

yeah. i would too after all that. did you kill them down to zero before starting training...or did you just start training them...i have been leaving mine to train all day for over a week...and they just hit 90 now...hmm.

ah, so you agree with that way of doing it...?

i did it that way too. i just wish there was someone who had tested both ways around to set it right

Im really not seeing how pro abortion could train his mares in 3 days...without bonding them...I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO KNOW THAT METHOD!! heh. do the mares gain magery faster if they are fighting something with higher magery or resist than they are?
are there any other factors? or does it really take 3 weeks of all day macroing to gm magery?

ill say 1 thing for sure now. in all the pet training guides where it says that pets gain skill more rapidly than characters...its got to be bullshit. even if my mares were casting nothing but fs, its still going to take way longer than it took my character to gain it.

if it takes about 1 day of training to get your mare from 99 magery to 100...they shouldnt lose skill when they are killed. and if they are going to lose skill when they die, than the skills should gain much faster.

*sigh*