UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Questions about training pets. (mares)

Questions about training pets. (mares)

I'm set up in a house. The mare im training is at 2x, almost 4x and 62 magery.
im using a WW to train it.

im wondering if there is anything i could be dong better. this is my first try to get a mare to 7x.

im wondering, do they gain faster if they fight other mares? or if i let their health get low...or if i keep its health up high while its fighting? im just looking for suggestions from people who have done this before.

it took ages to get its magery to 60, but i could see improvement... it seems to just be taking ages now. haha. or does it just seem that way because i want them to build so bad?

any tips and advice will be apreciated.

cheers

Re: Questions about training pets. (mares)

Also, ive been training it now for ages! its magery hasnt moved from 62.6! and nothing else is moving either, the only skill increasing is tactics.

and i cant figure out how to build its resist...

HELP

Jam-hybrid

Knight

Lock tables around them so they can't touch one another, this way they can only use magery.

They don't gain faster if they fight other mares. Their resist would gain better if they fight something with high magery.

To gain magery make sure they're only fighting for a short period of time and then stop them so they can med. Magery will only gain if they use higher spells and they won't use higher spells when they have little mana.

Go_Ask_Alice

Sorceror

Remembertheway said:
Thanks Jam, hey! when are you buying that mare!? haha.
dude check player guides before asking things, i have a whole guide on it

i know osmo, ive seen it. its a good guide. its how i knew to do anything!
i just had a couple of extra questions. =) i do search before posting.

mbbowser

Wanderer

It really helps if you bond ur mare, then kill it repeatidly until it has 0 in all skills. After that, make a setup where they can't melee, but only shoot spells. Have them stop each time their mana gets to 0. You want their mana to be at full so they shoot their highest cicle spells. Train magery/MR/eval/med to 85+, or till 99+ if you want 7x gm. They will raise up a bit more in the next step, which is to have them melee till they're 7x. It'll take over a week of leaving them up all day, but you'll have some nasty mares.

thanks, what about if ive already trained one till 3x...60mage?
then what? am i screwed and doomed to now kill it untill it has 0 skill, or would it be better just to keep training it?
its taken so long to get it this far...

also, if i reduce a mares magery down to 0, can it gain?

mbbowser

Wanderer

If you're looking to take them to 7x GM, I'd still recommend killing it down to 0. You'll end up spending a LOT more time after 70 instead of starting that slowdown about 10-15 points higher. It's not THAT bad to get them up back up to 60 magery. Just keep a pair of them separated and at about the same relative skill. They'll just cast and gain skill pretty quickly.

And yes, it WILL gain from 0.

Good luck. If you have any more questions, you can aim me at mbbowser

thanks everyone, this really helped alot.

ive been having my WW kill the mare...and then resing it...and repeat...is there a way to macro it without dying? because when i tell the WW to kill the mare...the mare targets me. and i have to lift the table to res it...can i macro all that... because its taking so bloody long.

Remembertheway said:
thanks everyone, this really helped alot.

ive been having my WW kill the mare...and then resing it...and repeat...is there a way to macro it without dying? because when i tell the WW to kill the mare...the mare targets me. and i have to lift the table to res it...can i macro all that... because its taking so bloody long.
when you rez it it has almost no health, so just use a spell like fireball or soemthing to kill it, that way it doesnt target you. as for the macro i can try to see if i can set up an effective macro when the server is back up.

ok i think i have a foolproof macro to do kill/rez your pet.
if mana <= 8
wait for mana >=9
else
double click bandage
wait for target
target mare
pause 7.00 seconds
if system message "you are able to resurrect the creature"
wait for gump (any)
gump response (button 1)
pause .50 seconds
cast spell fireball
target mare
pause .50 seconds

If you loop that macro it should rez kill your mare over and over again until its skills are at 0. I tested it on my own mare and didnt have any problems. If you need any help setting it up just pm me. There is no need to even use the table for this macro since the mare dies instantly, so you dont have to worry about moving the damn thing :).

wow. thanks alot mate. i will definately try to set this up. i will contact you if i have problems.

thanks!!

Vomster

Sorceror

Once you kill your mares to zero, how long will it take to get them to 7x GM? I know this could vary alot but just wanting a general idea of how many actual ingame hours of doing it would it take.

well. i have been macroing the training of my 2 mares. (started at all skills zero) for...14 hours and 20 mins. and they are at 65. gm med and eval. and 63 resist.

its a long road, and i attend all my mare training. hoping to train mares for players eventually. im going to take a break now after realising how long ive been at this... heh.

So...to 7x... a LONG ass time.

Westerberg, by the way...i believe i am holding a mare for you... if you dont want it anymore, please let me know so i can find some other way to get rid of it.

(my stable is chocas) =)

mbbowser

Wanderer

Probably at least a week.

westerberg said:
Once you kill your mares to zero, how long will it take to get them to 7x GM? I know this could vary alot but just wanting a general idea of how many actual ingame hours of doing it would it take.

yep, mbbowser is probably right =) mine just hit 70 magery...and now...the gains are so slow!! not that it isnt going to be well worth it =)
but im so broke im trying to sell a spare mare for bandages. psht.

if you want, you can always order some 7x gm mares from me =) (hint hint)
haha. jk. i know its really expensive to buy 7x mares...coem to think of it...it expensive to train them too.

grr.

=) cheers