UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PVP competition thread gone dumb

Necrodog

Page
I don't understand why it's so hard to just fricken add Faction Arties already... There is so many people who want to PvP but just doesn't have the gear for it. Faction Arties would make it alot easier for new players to gear up. I mean Demise already made it so points decay, which I don't understand because we don't even have faction arties.
This.

Akka

Sorceror
I don't understand why it's so hard to just fricken add Faction Arties already...
Faction Arties would make it alot easier for new players to gear up.

It would drop all normal arti prices to zero... also everyones pvm characters would be full arti factioners too. "Yey". Ive seen this happen a dozen times and its bullshit. If ur too lazy to farm gaunt than ur not worthy of artifacts.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
Someone wasn't paying attention. Read this page again and then post. The faction arties are meant for people who PVP.
Anyone that uses the faction arties outside of fel should instantly die with an error message and the character be deleted bam problem solved.

*mutters bad words under breath aimed at noob above that doesn't pvp*

Slugworth

Squire
It would drop all normal arti prices to zero... also everyones pvm characters would be full arti factioners too. "Yey". Ive seen this happen a dozen times and its bullshit. If ur too lazy to farm gaunt than ur not worthy of artifacts.
You do realize this game is nearly 20 yrs old right? Most people arent 16 anymore with no job and have mass amount of time to farm... This is to help bring more pvpers. Faction arties should only work in Fel otherwise they break to dust in tram.

A US Marshall

Sorceror
I do. Ive played for 13, and im still enjoying it. I know a lot of people who enjoy the game, and would like to keep it that way. Challenging and enjoyable.

You equip your crossbow.
Tab to war mode. Your are attacking a player. Double click mortal strike. Double click concussion blow. Player dead.
Yup real challenging and enjoyable.

Akka

Sorceror
I dont even have a pvp suit yet, so your arqument is invalid. I gave mine away in 2012 and started over just a litle while ago. Im not planning on playing an archer.

And my point was, gathering artifacts and good items should be challenging or this game will turn wayy too easy... like it isnt already.
Anything else?

Edit: if your too dumb to add a litle chiv in ur mage template for remove curse, than you simply deserve to get killed by archers.

Last edited:

Necrodog

Page
gathering artifacts and good items should be challenging or this game will turn way too easy... like it isnt already.
As of right now, there are drawbacks to entering Factions, but the rewards are laughable. I see no reason why it should be so difficult to get items to PvP with, if you are going to use them only in a PvP setting.

As for the prices of Artifacts, let me put it to you like this: Expensive Artifacts, like Ornament of the Magician, are WORTHLESS if all you're going to do is sit in Trammel and kill monsters all day. I agree that there should still be some difficulty in obtaining high end artifacts, but what use are they, really, if you can solo the gauntlet, Lady Melisande, and any other meaningful mob fight in the game without them?

I could kill almost any mob in the game on my Necrotamer, who was far from being built super-efficiently, and he NEVER needed Orny to do it, or AoF, or LRC Sash, or a CC, or a Gladiator's Collar. His suit was probably worth around 7-8 mil. My Sampire can kill any mob I need him to kill, and kill them FAST, and his suit is worth maybe 9-10 mil or so.

It's a sad truth that this shard's PvP is heavily dependant on gear, what with script- and macro-dominated PvP becoming so big. It's hard to get on your feet in this game as of right now. I believe that if faction artifacts were implemented in the way I suggested above, the Felucca population on this shard would increase. More l33t items means more people trying out PvP.

Akka

Sorceror
getting leet items here is not hard at all. adding faction artifacts would just drop artifact prices, runic items would still be worthy, but i can already see people buying only gloves/sleeves, and wearing feys, rbc, totem/kasa/hotm, gladi, orny and a sick ecru depending on your class. And this would be literally everyone, i just came here from a 300+ player felucca only shard that had faction arties and i mainly left cause of that. took me a week to get fully geared.

but this is just my opinion, if you guys want to make it easy for you than go for it. ill leave insta when this is implemented.

Last edited:

A US Marshall

Sorceror
Like necrodog said. The point is to encourage more people to pvp and to use the FACTION ITEMS for PVP or Fel ONLY.
If the Dev team feels that Faction arties would disrupt the economy so terribly bad then just make the faction arties as hard or harder to obtain then the normal ones from gauntlet etc via pvping or doing something for your faction.

The Dev team had no problem making my 120 million gold crimson cincture worth 12 million gold 8 months later/now and you can farm a CC in a day. We all win some and lose some. Stop bitching about artifact prices, the economy is screwed anyways due to barbd kit bots, uosteam, easyuo auto looters and the lack of staff properly banning cheating scum that's killin demise. The least we could have is some more people to PVP and those people need some easily attainable essential pvp gear and that gear could be faction arties...

Let me say too that I don't need gear or money. I'm well beyond geared out so I'm truly speaking my words to try and encourage more people to pvp and pvp as a whole on demise...

BENNYB

Wanderer
yes faction artys may encourage some people to pvp (if can only be used in fel) but if you ruin the economy that means the players that like to play as traders will go elsewhere

Bama

Bug Huntress
Staff needs to look into
- the kill points
- deficit points
- combat/flagging rules
- maybe a reduction in the stat loss time (current time is too long)

Who cares where these items are worn as long as achieving the rank and maintaining the rank to wear these Faction items is not abused
At rank 1 you can wear four items
Fey Leggings
Better resistances: 15% 11% 10% 4% 22%

Kasa of the Raj-in
Defense Chance Increase 10%

Rune Beetle Carapace
Better resistances: 8% 6% 17% 6% 17%

Stormgrip
Hit Chance Increase 10%

You need to get to rank 4 before you can get more Faction Arties then 7 then 9 then 10

Rank 1: 4 items
Rank 2: 4 items
Rank 3: 4 items
Rank 4: 5 items
Rank 5: 5 items
Rank 6: 5 items
Rank 7: 6 items
Rank 8: 6 items
Rank 9: 7 items
Rank 10: 8 items
Commander: 9 items

A US Marshall

Sorceror
yes faction artys may encourage some people to pvp (if can only be used in fel) but if you ruin the economy that means the players that like to play as traders will go elsewhere

You won't ruin the economy if faction arties are implemented with the standards we are speaking of and as far as traders leaving, traders don't trade in apples and stacks of cotton because they aren't worth anything. Instead they trade in 5 mod items and artifacts. The point is if something drops in price then something else is traded instead.

My wife simply buys stuff and resells stuff for a little more than what she bought it for. She doesn't care what the item is be it an orny or a rare gauntlet curser or a staff given shirt that says EoS loves me +nightsight. She will make her money no matter the object because she's a trader and stuff will always exchange hands.

BENNYB

Wanderer
I see what you are saying and yes you are correct there will always be something worthwhile to trade, however all the doom bunnys who spend their lives cycling doom to get another arty to sell on etc will be without a reason to do so anymore, now is it a big deal if some tramtard who spends his life sitting in a darkened room killing dfs munching on doritos and fapping to anime quits the game and goes elsewhere? the answer is not really to the pvpers etc but it takes one person off the initial log in screen people count.
If that person has four accounts as most do and is macroing away that is four players inactive.

who wants to log on and see people online : 70

not many.... i dont care about a person who is farming in tram or doom but i like to know they are there :)

A US Marshall

Sorceror
Apparently that tramtard needs to start looking for a new job/mob to kill then, just like the mages in the pvp game are looking harder at archery rather than using a warhammer/spear.