UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Protect yourself!

Alkiser

Administrator
Protect yourself!

This is a special notice to all of our players. We have noticed some activity of players sending out Trojan viruses and masking them as uogamers.com links. It is very important not just for UO Gamers but for computer security in general that you do not click links from sources you do not know. These links can be masked as anything the only way to prevent this is to do it yourself.

To help protect yourself and your computer I would recommend visiting http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx if you run Windows. Most of the programs you find here, while not the best will be very user friendly. I recommend Windows Defender (prevents spy ware), Windows Live OneCare (automates all of your systems), and a pick up a trial version of a virus scan (AVG: http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5#avg-anti-virus-free ). It is also important to keep a firewall on your computer.

Re: Protect yourself!

I don't beleave its possible to send a trojan with a link without having to download something first.

Sheivan01

Knight

Heavy Smoker said:
I don't believe its possible to send a trojan with a link without having to download something first.

Evrythnig his posible one te internte

Thank you for your advice Alkiser.

smoker you didnt get the link i am guessing you dont know then but thx alot uogamers staff or any one else involved thx for getting rid that guy finally and now hybrid can grow once again with out those type trying to disrept the best shard in the world thank alot uogamers hybrid!!!!

Kakarott

Wanderer

Heavy Smoker said:
I don't beleave its possible to send a trojan with a link without having to download something first.

It's very possible.

I feel I should point out, that for those of you who are not using the Mozilla Firefox browser, most of these exploits are only possible against those using Internet Explorer.
You should upgrade to Mozilla Firefox ASAP, it will further your protection from said exploits.

Zippy

Razor Creator

Heavy Smoker said:
It is possible, but Alkiser means people have been circulating links to hacks/cheats/etc which are actually trojans.

Alkiser said:
This is a special notice to all of our players. We have noticed some activity of players sending out Trojan viruses and masking them as uogamers.com links. It is very important not just for UO Gamers but for computer security in general that you do not click links from sources you do not know. These links can be masked as anything the only way to prevent this is to do it yourself.

To help protect yourself and your computer I would recommend visiting http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx if you run Windows. Most of the programs you find here, while not the best will be very user friendly. I recommend Windows Defender (prevents spy ware), Windows Live OneCare (automates all of your systems), and a pick up a trial version of a virus scan (AVG: http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5#avg-anti-virus-free ). It is also important to keep a firewall on your computer.

So what makes you think I will click -those- link?

Harr harr, anyway good work you guys.

K

Kitchen_

Ugrim Ratbane said:
So what makes you think I will click -those- link?

Harr harr, anyway good work you guys.

theres a key word in both links

first link: microsoft
second link: free

anything with those i click. dont care if its www.free.microsoft.virus.com im clicking that bitch.

Str0ngold

Wanderer

Heavy Smoker said:
actually, the person intend to be wubber and say i quit uog here the link for my cheat then say he had fun bla bla bla and he quit for uo and there is a link for you to dl his hack... <--- and here come the troja

GradGT

Sorceror

wait when i study for GED it say all torjans die arounad 610b.c. when they were defeated by brad pitt and his harmy i dont know i only saw the movie and didnat read the book but still wtf?

grkig

Sorceror

Grad said:
wait when i study for GED it say all torjans die arounad 610b.c. when they were defeated by brad pitt and his harmy i dont know i only saw the movie and didnat read the book but still wtf?

lol