UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Potion weight POLL

How do you feel about the recent pot weight change from 1 to 2 stones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vizeroth

Sorceror
The potion change is funny and all, but what I'm most enjoying is how a single bola now weighs almost as much as a full suit of platemail -- over 260 pounds if we go by the Ultima Codex wiki. Dat immersion.

crikey

Sorceror
@Vizeroth
What would you recommend for the ideal dexxer loadout with the new changes?

As far as potions and bolas go

Assume there us a beetle mount to store backup

Curious what you think seeing your a smart dude, and know the dexxer template well

this crikey guy is emo full blast. Who makes a 5 choice poll when 2 options work?

And the bola weight change is great. You really shouldn't be able to stock 10+ bolas and just chain them until somebody is dead. Carrying 3-4, and using them wisely before you have to restock is a much better option for the trade off being able to dismount people.

crikey

Sorceror
this crikey guy is emo full blast. Who makes a 5 choice poll when 2 options work?

And the bola weight change is great. You really shouldn't be able to stock 10+ bolas and just chain them until somebody is dead. Carrying 3-4, and using them wisely before you have to restock is a much better option for the trade off being able to dismount people.
Just trying to cover all the bases

2 choices wouldnt work. A third choice of "it doesnt matter" was needed to weed out the people who dont matter

I put in the "like", "greatly like" etc choices in for fun :)

if the person didn't care, they wouldn't vote. By definition, an option of 'it doesn't matter' is purely redundant.

yes/no works perfectly fine. Perhaps you should make a poll to decide which of us is right. /s

crikey

Sorceror
if the person didn't care, they wouldn't vote. By definition, an option of 'it doesn't matter' is purely redundant.

yes/no works perfectly fine. Perhaps you should make a poll to decide which of us is right. /s
Gm O told me no more trolling polls, otherwise I would :(

Anyways.....yeah, no need. What you posted makes sense.

I just figured some tram would barge in and click one of the options just to participate (when their opinion is trash)

YewGuards

Sorceror
Gm O told me no more trolling polls, otherwise I would :(

Anyways.....yeah, no need. What you posted makes sense.

I just figured some tram would barge in and click one of the options just to participate (when their opinion is trash)
It's still valuable research for the staff. Great work, keep the dialog going. There seems to be a new trend, where staff is actually listening and making updates.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
@Vizeroth
What would you recommend for the ideal dexxer loadout with the new changes?

As far as potions and bolas go

Assume there us a beetle mount to store backup

Curious what you think seeing your a smart dude, and know the dexxer template well
Just take your typical loadout and downsize it across the board by ratio, except for cure and strength potions since they're there to counter poison/weaken spam.

As for bolas, I can't imagine holding more than one at this point with spares on the beetle: it only takes one bola to dismount an ethereal rider and it usually only takes one to either kill or severely damage someone's horse. If the option is to carry 12 more potions or a single extra bola, I think I'd take the potions considering that running out of a potion type generally means you're done PVPing. It's also easier to make a macro that restocks bolas from a beetle than one to restock an array of potions.

While the shitty potion weight change will probably be reverted, I wouldn't be surprised if the bola changes stick around simply because people have little sympathy for bola tamers, even though these changes will have virtually no impact on the efficacy of the build. But hey, I'm a pessimist.

crikey

Sorceror
Just take your typical loadout and downsize it across the board by ratio, except for cure and strength potions since they're there to counter poison/weaken spam.

As for bolas, I can't imagine holding more than one at this point with spares on the beetle: it only takes one bola to dismount an ethereal rider and it usually only takes one to either kill or severely damage someone's horse. If the option is to carry 12 more potions or a single extra bola, I think I'd take the potions considering that running out of a potion type generally means you're done PVPing. It's also easier to make a macro that restocks bolas from a beetle than one to restock an array of potions.

While the shitty potion weight change will probably be reverted, I wouldn't be surprised if the bola changes stick around simply because people have little sympathy for bola tamers, even though these changes will have virtually no impact on the efficacy of the build. But hey, I'm a pessimist.
yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing. cut my regs/pots in half and carry only 1 bola/spares on beetle

YewGuards

Sorceror

I concur with everything mentioned here.

Little Owl

Wanderer
In the past, I felt that having stacked potions counting as 1 item was a very poor change. It enabled people to have unlimited cure pots, as well as greatly increased the amount of explodes people started carrying.

Not sure yet whether this accomplishes the same purpose in a better or worse way. I probably would have liked to see item count for potion stacks restored to fully counting all potions.

Last edited:

YewGuards

Sorceror
Heard this is about to change next weekend. Keep the positive suggestions flowing Hybrid. Population was 300 last Sunday and 380 last night (could be holiday). Hopefully we keep creating buzz.

Montana

Hybrid Staff Member
In the past, I felt that having stacked potions counting as 1 item was a very poor change. It enabled people to have unlimited cure pots, as well as greatly increased the amount of explodes people started carrying.

Not sure yet whether this accomplishes the same purpose in a better or worse way. I probably would have liked to see item count for potion stacks restored to fully counting all potions.
This is a very unique opinion. We have done this to a certain extent with BOD books.

Hybrid, you guys are killing it in this thread with your input. It's some of the healthiest discussion I've seen on these forums in some time.

Thank you all, you guys rock!

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Making potions unstacked adds tedium to the restocking, crafting, and looting processes, and it would give rise to the exact same complaints that are being made about the current potion weight change. No one has made an argument why it's important to quickly run out of supplies if frivolously used in the field. I could see some potential value to it if most combat occurred in dungeons where it's somewhat more difficult to escape combat, but this is not the case.