UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Poll for permanent TOT system

Keeping TOTs active permanently...

• Total voters

Lucifall

Knight
I'd love permanent, chance much reduced tots. I'd also love the tot 1 pigments being freely avaiable on the minister.

But I don't think that will ever happen. ToTs are an event after all.

lDedric

Page
tots are fun, first and foremost they are an "event"

Now if your worried about new players let's take a look shall we.
My account is 118 days old.

IN bank over all accounts (yes I run 4 accounts): roughly 10 mil
Samp gear nearly done just need to burn hammers for weapons including totem, near all 70's resists, 45 HCI,15 DCI (I use heart of the lion), 110 DI
Mage gear is pratically complete only missing arcane shield. all 70 resists 100% LRC, 45 lmc, 48 SDI, MR 5

Now let's look at assets
3 castles: (sold 1 with gold got my totem)
7 keeps: (Gave away most of them to guildies so when I ask if anyone wants a keep nobody in my guild does)
ML arties: I have so many I give them away, at least till cub
stealable arties and deco: I have so many of these I am begging my guildies to come take them away....

The next time someone says it's too hard to start and play here are simply lazy and want to be given things. These are the players we loose! Anyone who puts the effort in and gains the rewards "themselves" gives them a feeling of accomplishment and will continue to play, combine that with getting involved with a guild and playing with people....

If you take away the fun of getting things, either alone or with a group of friends, by basically handing them out you remove all the fun of playing at all.

Lastly
Keeping a tight reign on what is available is what helps an economy
Look at Heartwood fletching kits when the pub hit everyone was doing them. Some were selling some were buying, but the prices stabilized around 2kk each for a few weeks and are still falling, last I saw they were going for 1kk each. the reason ltots are worth something is because of their limited availability, so leave it be.

Kallitcha

Squire
I think people are missing what I'm asking for. I would like a Reduce drop chance, maybe drops similar to doom drop rates (maybe even less) but have it on all the time. During special events crank it up to a higher.

This will place a consistent flow of tots into the economy, yet still preserving their value. Doing this balances economy versus shocking the economy with sudden influxes of high end gear followed by dry spells of high end gear. Of its a balanced economy you want, then consistency is what you should have.

Edit added: If people are gold rushing on the tots because there limited time availability, they aren't out collecting other items ie leather, ore, artifacts, other things that support the economy. If it were consistent yet limited steady drop. The other aspects of the economy would stay stable along with a stable tot value.

DRUIDER

Sorceror
Not a bad idea. We could have guaranteed arty drop from every boss also. Lets play a week or month for our objectives and we all have candies.

Kallitcha

Squire
Not a bad idea. We could have guaranteed arty drop from every boss also. Lets play a week or month for our objectives and we all have candies.
I not once asked for a guarantee drop, I actually asked for the drop rate to be reduced.
I think we understand what you're asking for, we just don't agree.

I guess you weren't here when they disappeared for years... trust me we're pretty happy to just have them temporarily turned on every now and then.
I wasn't on demise, but I was on osi. There actually a poll on stratics showed the server supported what I'm asking for... Reduced chance for drop, rather than completely shutting it off. Osi responded with shutting it off. With in 6 months of them shutting it down their server population was 50%. I know because that's when they started cutting gm's.
I think the poll speaks volumes on how "we" all feel on the subject.
There's a lot of players who never read posts here, and those numbers could sway just as fast...

Rubin Sticks

Sorceror
Forced??? Nothing forced you to go out and do it, other than the fact that if you wanted tot's you were forced to have to cram it all in a short period of time. Wouldn't it be much more pleasant to go do it at your leisure rather then over do it to annoyance... Just a thought...

At my leisure, I spent the time I had spare to gather TiT's. It's Dicks like you "Kallitcha" that make the last week pointless.

bilabong

Account Terminated
Reduced drop rate or not dont stop afk pvmers I disagree 100% keep the tots the way they are if ya want too implement anything put the poker tables in that hundreds of us have asked for for years!!!

Kallitcha

Squire
Poker tables with a permanent 5% house take on every hand.

Can we say fun and gold sink.
Little off topic you think. I'm not asking for high acute drops... Actually the opposite. Truth is what I'm suggesting is an all the time drop chance, but say 1 to 5% (or less) of the chance you get when they have it active during events. In other words you could try farming all day and may or may not get that drop. Result would be still a rare chance at a drop. Something like if you were able to farm 100 of the Ltots during the event, same amount of time might yield 1 Ltot.

It would have such a minor effect on prices, I bet you wouldn't even notice it. It would give someone who really enjoys hunting the monsters in tok the ability to get an occasional boost. It would give someone who really wants a specific artifact, the option to go out and earn it themselves.

So please stop turning this post in to a ridiculous give me give me...