UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Planned Network Upgrade: 12/7/2005 - 20:00 CST (done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASayre

Planned Network Upgrade: 12/7/2005 - 20:00 CST (done)

Tonight at approximately 20:00 CST the entire RunUO network will be going off line.

This will be service affecting for all shards and websites. We are moving our entire network to gigabit ethernet to the backbone. This should provide us much faster response times and also lower the overhead for the game servers.

The outage should be no more than 2 hours, but could be as quick as 30 minutes or less!

edit: scroll down two posts

[Drakull]

Knight
Was that what just happened a few minutes ago?
It surprised me in the middle of the ronins area going home with my crafter (as you can figure out... the consecuent death and lost of items due corpse decay acompanied the lost of connection).

A

ASayre

Yes, and, it's all done:

[Drakull]

Knight
Thank you (I was worried about my crafter going hunting a bit and having the network shortage still not done... dying once a day is enough for him ;) )

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
This question will probably reveal my ignorance on the subject, but will this change have any effect on future attemps to DDoS the shard?

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Windows? I would have figured this ran on linux. :)

So what exactly did this upgrade involve, just plugging the server in a different patch panel? Since it was quite fast. Must be great working at a data center though, plug someone's server in a different jack and charge them more for it monthly. :D

And I'm sure this will make it that much harder to DoS. The electronic necromancer will need more zombies to be effective enough.

Missha Wong

Wanderer
Red Squirrel said:
Windows? I would have figured this ran on linux. :)

RunUO is in C#, which was Windows-only until recently. Also I read RunUO doesn't run on Linux out of the box. You need to do some slight modifications to the code.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer
Yeah I remember trying a while back, pain in the butt and I never got it to work. Just know it can be done, somehow. :D Personally I'd like to see it being pure C++ and cross platform instead of using .NET, would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.