UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Pets timing out too soon.

Hello, recently I started playing UO again. I don't play on the strongest internet around, but I do occassionally get disconnected. I've noticed that sometimes when I have my pet in guard mode, that when I disconnect, it will moved to the stalls. Sometimes im disconnected for 3 minuites and I come back and my pet is gone, not only does this kill my character, but it also deposits my pet in the stall while I am in a dungeon. I don't know if this is like OSI, but it seems to quick.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Any disconnection on OSI will autostable your pets, even a client crash. (Without having to time out.) It is accurate, but it can be annoying for tamers. If you die, your pets will not join you when you log back in. You will have to resurrect and relog, or visit a stable.

Now, on Demise, a system attempts to detect client crashes and holds off on autostabling in this case. Unfortunately this will not detect unstable internet connections. If at all possible, I would recommend improving the stability of your connection.

Geaux

Sorceror
I like how when you DC for 10 seconds it makes your pet disappear then when you logg back in its standing by your dead corpse its sweet. Why would osi change it to make your pet disappear the instant you dc? I dont see how the benefit out weights the costs.

Geaux

Sorceror
It prevents people like you from farming Virtulant & Malific, All Day Long.... Would U like screenshots ? o_O

I dont know who your talking to but if its to me sure... And what does farming have to do with your pet automatically disappearing when you get DC thus leaving you to tank what ever your fighting.