UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PC builds

WhiteValium

Sorceror
I built my first pc around 1.5 years ago . In the beginning it wasnt all smooth running I had RAM issues and a few software problems but after nearly 6 months of hard work I had my hex running smooth at 4.7ghz on prime 95 :) from the 3.2 base clock. It was lots of fun and a huge learning curve and I would recommend it to any pc enthusiast.

Has anyone ever built there own? If so whats your build?
Did it go as well as you'd hoped? Any teething problems?
Have you overclocked the cores? Base clock to what?
Now what? :p

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I told my barber chick I'd fix her computer and when I got it home I turned it on and went to have a smoke, when I came back it was smoking...... Lolol something happened in transit I think some dust got down in a ram slot and fizzled out... It was all burnt around one of them hahah

ended up Giving her my old gaming rig cuz i felt bad.. No word of a lie months later I asked her how it was running.. It caught fire LOL fucked up man.. I use to build all types of servers and pc's for a wholesaler in the early 2000's too.. I'm not really a noob just old computers that haven't been properly cleaned often :/

WhiteValium

Sorceror
I don't know how many times things like that have happened to me, you try to do the right thing and end up worse off, lol I think that's called sods law =).. I remember when my friend got his new PC he didn't have a clue he plugged the monitor into the onboard instead of the gpu and didn't get any feedback he spent an hour or so scratching his head. He then decided to check the psu and noticed a little red button and thought maybe that's it so he clicked it and BOOM! hahaha he changed the voltage to American haha bye bye computer =D

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Bahahah awesome... One time my manager had a problem system on his bench opened up troubleshooting... And me and this other stoner guy were like hey let's mess with Kelly.. And we were just thinking of something we could unplug to add to his frustration.. Idk why but I just jabbed at a (forget the tech term) but one of the power connectors that runs from the power supply to a device.. Anyway jabbed at it with The tip of some needle nose pliers while thinking of something dumb to do... Zap... Nice blue arc came across the pliers from the end of the connector.... Computer just went dead... Kelly comes back from lunch and FREAKED like Wtffffffff now the power supply is DEAD!???!? Total accident and lucky I didn't fuckng kill myself.. but in the end we punked his ass lol ah to be a stupid 19 year old again..

Smokeuog

Sorceror
LOL fucking right I haven't LOL the spark just like jumped to it in slow motion to me and I thought I was dead for sure all in a split second lol just reminded me of this I saw on some show, prob tosh lol nothing as crazy obviously LOL fuck these friends but this guy makes me laugh so hard

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Oh and no LOL he just threw a new power supply in haha he was already convinced the computer was cursed lol he was too obsessed with fixing it and me and Shane were always laughing at something so it wasn't obvious lol

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Lol idk if that video is real or a really clever fake but it gets me every time.. How can you be in your late 20's and not know a knife in the toaster can kill you lol

I have always built my own computers since I was young. It is the way to go for sure.

If you are looking at building another one a really great website is pcpartpicker.com.
You can input each piece of the pc there that you want, it helps with compatibility between parts (if you don't already know), it searches the lowest prices from many retailers for each part, ect.

My current system that I have is: (I just got the mobo,cpu,ram)
AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz 8 core
corsair h60 water cooler
asus m5a99fx pro r2.0 atx am3+ mobo
gskill ripjaws x series 16gig 1600 ram
radeon hd 7950 3 gig 384-bit GDDR5 GPU
wd 1 TB storage drive
OCZ vertex 3 60g SSD for windows and one or two games
coolmax 900w fully modular power supply

I have not yet tried overclocking the chip, but I am planning on it here soon when I have some free time to do it. This chip will take quite the OC but I may have to upgrade my water cooler some to really pump it up there.

What I just replaced was pretty much the last things I needed on my system. I did have an AMD phenom II x4 965 3.4Ghz quad core that I had OC'd to 3.9 with stable temps. Then 8 gigs of ddr2 ram (forgot the speed), with all of the other stuff other than the mobo, being the same.

Pretty much done with the system for a while, next year I will stick another one of my cards in there to run both but other than that its about good and should last me some time.

I'm getting ready to put together my friends pc he is building which will be really fun, it is a beast of a machine top of the line all the way, with cpu, mobo, and double gpu's all liquid cooled.
If anyone ever needs any pc help or advice feel free to msg me on skype - poptartworld24

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Sweet man thanks ill have to check that Site tomorrow. Hopefully it has a Canadian pricing thing too lol but will give me an idea anyway.

I'm actually looking to build a gaming rig now.. Something around $1,200ish so that could help as I haven't actually built a computer since... Idk what year but it was the year the Intel 2.4gig p4 cameout LOL I went all in and got duel ones and can't even remember the videocard but it was a top of the line radeon at the time hahha just rusty as shit because I haven't kept up on the tech at all since ;/

WhiteValium

Sorceror
Nice build man =D

when I built my machine around a year and a half ago the components were top of the market, my spec is:

intel 3930k cpu hex core with hyper threading 6/12, with an intel liquid cooler
16 GB viper patriot iii RAM
Rampage iv extreme (battlefield 3) MOBO
Radeon HD 7970 club 3d 3GB DDR5
128GB SSD main drive
1 TB secondary drive
ZX series power supply OCZ-ZX1250W

The bad thing is after I brought these components they bought out the dual GPU version of my graphics card and pretty much all the components are now outdated =D but I guess that's the nature of the beast =P..

This may be my first build but wont be my last that's for sure =D

I use overclockers.co.uk they are very good offering 3 years warranty on all components, I would definitely recommend them if you are from the uk :)

Yeah and all these god damn bitcoins have been driving pc parts up in price.. Ram has almost doubled, my GPU is almost 200 more than what I paid for it, ect ect.

Fuck you bitcoins!

I built mine fairly recently

• GTX 770
  • I5-4670k OC'ed
  • 16GB ram

Its pretty fuckin dope, I haven't given it the best of test runs though... only bf4 on ultra, ran it like cake though.

Shini

Page
_Raserei said:

• GTX 770
  • I5-4670k OC'ed
  • 16GB ram
Its pretty fuckin dope, I haven't given it the best of test runs though... only bf4 on ultra, ran it like cake though
Pretty Nice setting.

WhiteValium

Sorceror

• GTX 770
  • I5-4670k OC'ed
  • 16GB ram

Its pretty fuckin dope, I haven't given it the best of test runs though... only bf4 on ultra, ran it like cake though.

Nice spec mate, is that the 3.8 core?
what motherboard are you using?

Topped it off with a TTesports mechanical keyboard, steelseries gaming mouse/headset (frost blue edition of both), and a 26"/2ms response monitor. My christmas present to myself I guess.