UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Patching

Cronus

and his amazing friends
Patching

Demise has been updated to allow clients newer than 6.0.1.6.

All players are strongly encouraged to update their clients to the very latest OSI patch.

Also make sure that you get the latest razor from http://razor.runuo.com to ensure that Razor continues to function properly with the UO protocol changes introduces in 6.0.1.7

Noxxzious

Wanderer
Re: Patching

quote=Cronus-demise;300288]When the server is back up after this update you can all patch. In fact the server will be updated to the very newest patch from OSI, so you all should patch![/quote]

... So by saying "All patch" do you mean we now need to download all the available patches without stoppping them before it automatically ends at the last patch ? ... Just let it run to the last possible patch ?

BTW, This partial patching and Re-installing on overpatching is a huge PITA just to try to stay nearly current.

Cant we have RAZOR have a textbox blank where we can enter What is the newest patch you want to download and install?

... That way we shouldnt overpatch and have to re-install.

psz

Administrator

Noxxzious;300319 said:
Cant we have RAZOR have a textbox blank where we can enter What is the newest patch you want to download and install?

You'd have to talk to the Razor devs about that.

Modified versions of Razor would be bannable, so contacting the Razor crew would be yoru best bet.

JR-Demise

Wanderer

i get an error when i patch any further from 6.0.1.6 how can i fix this to patch to the latest client?

vAlAkIvI

Page

JR-Demise;300371 said:
i get an error when i patch any further from 6.0.1.6 how can i fix this to patch to the latest client?

what kind of "error" do u get? Can't help with no info :)

st3in

Wanderer

I'm getting the same.

Patch 6.0.1.7 won't install...delete patch/retry/check razor/blah blah blah...

Starting patch session...
Transferring patch information
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-1-7.rtp( 1705277 bytes )
Downloading patch uoml_win32_6-0-1-7.pat( 11 bytes )
Applying patch patch\uoml_win32_6-0-1-7.rtp
Error applying patch
Error during session
Your client may not be the most recent version.
You may be able to play the game with your current client.
Check http://www.uo.com/ for help on resolving patching issues.
Click OK to play the game or Cancel to abort.

I started at 6.0.1.3, patched through 6.0.1.6 then it puked. Clues?

vAlAkIvI

Page

did u guys edit the file to prevent from passing 6.1.0.6? If i did u have to delete it.
If that isn't the problem try restarting your PC and try again.

st3in

Wanderer

Nope. Didn't do that trick...didn't need to, I have not played OSI since 2003.

with no reason to update past 6.0.1.3 till now, I simply never ran uopatch.exe.

*sigh* need to FWS some more....

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

Uninstall client and razor, reboot, install fresh client, install newest razor from www.runUO.com/razor.

Attempt to patch again.

st3in

Wanderer

LOL Caine, next you'll tell me to format C: :rolleyes:

You know I didn't reboot or check registry for pending file changes....have not needed to bounce this box in more than a month, even then it was cuz of patch Tuesday. (w2k3 FTW.)

I'll try a bounce tonight when I get back home.

Update: Yup, I'm 'tarded. reboot was the cure.

Celestia_tr

Wanderer

i'm patched to 6.0.1.10.
and also I download the latest razor.

but when i wright my account name and pass its stoped in veryfing account..
somebody know the what is the problem is ?

thank you..

dolorez

Wanderer

Hey there Celestia. On IRC you said, u have problems with 6.0.3.0
I guess you just made a typo. Or did you reinstall UO Now?

As i said: I had exactly the same problem which was caused by my SPF firewall. It blocked access of the patched client without telling me anything about it. I shut down the firewall and it worked. After rebooting or since that happened the game runs normally again, even with the FW.

The only other problem I know of is if you use "manual" patches. They alter the Gamefiles in a way that the autopatcher won't find what he wants to see. Therefore not patching at all; Reinstall seems to be the only way around.. unless you have a backup.

Anyway I cant think of any other solution for your problem. Are you using a WLAN Router? Restrictive Router or a Firewall Box?

Let's hope someone comes up with another idea. But i really believe you are missing out something...

Celestia_tr

Wanderer

dolorez;309855 said:
Hey there Celestia. On IRC you said, u have problems with 6.0.3.0
I guess you just made a typo. Or did you reinstall UO Now?

As i said: I had exactly the same problem which was caused by my SPF firewall. It blocked access of the patched client without telling me anything about it. I shut down the firewall and it worked. After rebooting or since that happened the game runs normally again, even with the FW.

The only other problem I know of is if you use "manual" patches. They alter the Gamefiles in a way that the autopatcher won't find what he wants to see. Therefore not patching at all; Reinstall seems to be the only way around.. unless you have a backup.

Anyway I cant think of any other solution for your problem. Are you using a WLAN Router? Restrictive Router or a Firewall Box?

Let's hope someone comes up with another idea. But i really believe you are missing out something...

Hey there Dolorez ...

thank you for your help..
ı just fixed my problem..
ı dont restart or ı dont re-download my uo..or re-patched..
just ı download connect uo.. and try it from there..
now ı start to tame white wolves on Ice Isle :)

p.s.: and ı thınk thıs one ısnt your nıckname ın IRC..
talk soon
thank you..
again!