UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Parrying

Parrying

An easy way to get your parry up is to go into the britain sewers and run to the part open area in the north-western corner of the sewer. Equip your shield or sword (if you're a bushido user) and just stand there.

I'm using razor and have a macro looping so that if I get to around 80hp, it will auto bandage and wait 10 seconds. You can find the macro formula below;

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|0|0|80
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1025|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

Save it in a text file in your razor/macros directory, then rename the extension from .txt to .macro. (eg; healing.macro)

I've been standing here for a good 10mins and have gone up +13.0 in parry. A friend, Envy, who showed me the trick, has maxed out his parry by doing this trick.

EDIT: I can conform that in 2hours it's gone from around 25.0 to 100.0.

pbguy434

Knight
Whats faster is buying 5 anything from the stables, and then going to Yew and go to their sheep pen. Have all the pets attack you and then make all 9 sheep attacking you. Be sure to come with like 15 shields to be safe, they will go very fast.

The more things that hit you at a time, the better. And I would lower the health to around 40, you'll waste a lot of bandages if its set at 80.

Last time I wanted to raise this was on OSI and on Oceania, they had Female fighters in Johlm (cant spell it) who had no weapons and you hired them, they did no damage period and raised it rather quick.

I have yet to find one on Demise tho :(

Trey-demise

Wanderer
OK I'm going to reveal all secrets of parry to you all right now...

Budhido Users:
- If you have any bushido skill don't use a sheild at all just carry a wepon. Bushido isn't ment to be used with a sheild therefore you should never where one.

Anyone Else:
- Use a sheild... end of story

Ok how to do it in around 15-20 mins 0-GM (what I did) go to jhelom farms. Gather all the farm animals except for the bulls to hit you. You gain like nuts. Also some decent physical resist helps. 55-70 is perfect you shouldn't have to heal yourself at all then. If you need to heal as Samurai heal with confidence just make a razor macro to keep casting that.

Havagrim

Wanderer
Or you use two accounts. Have two chars with shield hit eachother, and use a heal macro (have lots of bandages). You will gm alot of skills in no time.. What I did anyway. Got anatomy, healing, sword/fencing, tactics and parry gains.. Gm:ed most of em during one day.. Of course you need a script to replace the shield and weapon aswell when it breaks.

pbguy434

Knight
The best way is to get a trail of rabbits you bought, and then go to yew sheep pen and aggro them all. You have like 13 or so things hitting you.

Insane parry gains.

kykio

Wanderer
I Am Not So Smart

hey i have razor. not to good with it though. i cnat find the are that i put in your macro for the healing part. can u take me threw step by step on how to put that part into the macro bar thanks

nirrudn

Sorceror
kykio said:
hey i have razor. not to good with it though. i cnat find the are that i put in your macro for the healing part. can u take me threw step by step on how to put that part into the macro bar thanks

First, unequip your shield.

Record a new macro. Just double click a bandage and target yourself, equip a shield, then stop recording.

Right click on the "Double Click" and "Lift" lines and choose "Convert to DClick/Lift by Type" on them.

Now right click somewhere in that "Actions" box and go to "Special Construct" > "Insert 'If' Conditional." Make it Hits <= 50, or whatever value you want. Right click this new text that was put in, and choose "move up" until it's at the top of the box.

Right click in the Actions window, and go to Special Construct again, this time choose "End If" and use Move Up/Down to place it at just after "Exec: Target Self".

Now right click and go to "Special Constructs" again and this time choose "Insert Pause/Wait." Choose the top option button, and make it 10000 milliseconds. Use Move Up/Down to place it between the Target Self and End If.

Add "If" and End If Constructs to the very bottom. This time, make the "if" be "L-Hand Empty", and in between this If/End If, move your "Lift (shield)" and "Equip to" actions here.

Your final macro should look something like this:

if Hits <= 45
Double Click clean bandages
Wait for target
Exec: Target Self
Pause 10.00sec
end if
if L-Hand Empty
Lift (shield)
Equip to L-Hand
end if

Toonces

Wanderer
Re: Parrying

I have 31.8 real Parrying (from trainer) and Bushido of about 29.8. For some reason, my Parrying skill will not budge. I had 0 Parrying and 10 Bushido and the skill wasn't moving (I was using a no-dachi, no shield). I tried getting attacked by six rats at once and again, no movement in my skill. The only way I've been able to increase my skill is by finding better trainers and I've hit the very real limit of Parrying...

Is there a known bug with Bushido affecting Parrying gains? Am I doing something wrong? When I played years ago, having a shield in hand was enough to get me practice parrying... now I've tried with and without a shield, with and without a weapon and the skill just won't move...

-Toonces
Apparently incapable of parrying a slow moving pillow swung by a senile DMV employee

Toonces said:
I have 31.8 real Parrying (from trainer) and Bushido of about 29.8. For some reason, my Parrying skill will not budge. I had 0 Parrying and 10 Bushido and the skill wasn't moving (I was using a no-dachi, no shield). I tried getting attacked by six rats at once and again, no movement in my skill. The only way I've been able to increase my skill is by finding better trainers and I've hit the very real limit of Parrying...

Is there a known bug with Bushido affecting Parrying gains? Am I doing something wrong? When I played years ago, having a shield in hand was enough to get me practice parrying... now I've tried with and without a shield, with and without a weapon and the skill just won't move...

-Toonces
Apparently incapable of parrying a slow moving pillow swung by a senile DMV employee

Parrying is quite possibly the easiest skill to raise, with the exception of Focus, Med, etc.

Simply go to Yew and get the sheep to all attack you. Use a weapon you have 0 proficiency in (If you're a sword user, use a mace) and use no shield whatsoever. Your parrying will raise.

Toonces

Wanderer

Umm... that's my point though. I've been assualted by 7 rats at the same time and 4 sheep... and I haven't gained a single .1% of parrying. I have 30-something Parrying (all purchased) and my Bushido is now 29. When I stand in the sewers or a sheep pen being attacked by animals, arme with a no-dachi, my Parry doesn't budge...

I've tried using a shield and, like someone on this board said, having Bushido means I shouldn't use a shield.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I am having the same problem. I could not get gains no matter what was equipped. I dropped Bushido and get gains easily. It is bugged I suspect.

Mashin

Wanderer

Trying to get parry gains as well. What do you mean by "dropped" bushido? If there's a way to gain parry I'd like to know. I tried everything.

Gathog

Sorceror

I trained parryng before bushido was implemented, but I used a shield and let 6 hinds attack me. I GMed parry and healing at about the same time.

Cotton Candy

Wanderer

i just made a brand new pvm character and i went to the yew sheep farms to train parry. i purchased 20 vendor bucklers and just started attacking sheep. i got 8 to start hitting on me then just tabbed out. i ended up only using 2 shields, including the wooden one the character started with. i started the character with 50 parrying and ate a 120 scroll. i was legendary warrior within 15 minutes :)
sheep only hit for 1 or 2 damage so armor isnt really necessary, its not going to make a difference.

*edit: you do need to find a method of healing. i just had another character on another account healing her every 15 seconds.

JavaKing

Wanderer

I wrote a thing a long time ago on how sammies can raise parrying with bushi

Set a macro to cast evasion when ever you get the mana for it.
use the weapon your pro in it actually goes up faster.

follow the same guide to gain parrying without bushido...(usiing yew sheep)