UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Parry,is it needed?

Mitzlplik

Traveler
I was going to work parry on a fighter or 2 but than saw some GM comments on bottem left about see`in a dungeoner with a sheild equipped and it was an LOL moment.

So was this maybe an inside joke or something or is parry just not worth having? I can see a shield being a hinderance in pvp for pot chuggin but for pvm..... parry would be a good thing no?

Does it effect 2 handed weaps at all?

OH! And on a side note... I have 2 fighters with their tactics stuck at 90,while another with GM tactics. Why are 2 of them stuck at 90,is this maybe a known issue or might I just be stupid or something lol.

Thanks

Last edited:

susejmaster

Traveler
OH! And on a side note... I have 2 fighters with their tactics stuck at 90,while another with GM tactics. Why are 2 of them stuck at 90,is this maybe a known issue or might I just be stupid or something lol.

My guess on this is they have a magic item that raises thier tactics, seemed when i was lvling them up if i had any sort of accuracy on my weap when tactics got to the % away that the magic weapon added it just stalled out. That might be incorrect though....

As for parry, your going to gimp your dps by a lot i think it also lowers dext but if your looking to tank up shields can add a shit ton of AR. Tamers for farming work much better then pure fighters.

Last edited:

kdivers

Knight
As far as dungeon fighting goes, a katana is the highest DPS of all weapons (even taking into account axes with LJ bonus). Likewise, most swords and one handed fencing items are actually a higher DPS than axes and maces and bows. There are a few exceptions (spears and quarterstaff), but what evs. Can't base a pvm build off of 1 or 2 items if you are trying to make moolah.

So what else you gunna do with the other hand?