UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Other Shards

Gremio

Sorceror
Other Shards

Lol, that title will get the staffs attention :).

Can we *please* drop the f'ing no posting other shards rule. I forget which thread I had read where it had been removed.

I believe it was the shard I played on for a *long* time that really set this rule into the community...Damian, a person I'm sure you don't find the best person in the world, Ryan, runs this shard.

You know what I think whenever I see that rule now? "Wow, this shard must really be hurting for players." (obviously you aren't). It's also just an unecessary set back to discussion. No one can ever mention any shard for reference or whatever. It hinders the forums more than it helps the shard. So instead of the forums becoming a place where a group of friends, or large community even, can come to talk, it becomes an over-moderated place where people lose touch. The general discussion forum anyway.

You're getting a quad processor server with 11.2 GHz total set up so you can do whatever the hell you want. I *will* be playing here :).

Just a suggestion.

--Gremio

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
Gremio said:
Lol, that title will get the staffs attention :).

Can we *please* drop the f'ing no posting other shards rule. I forget which thread I had read where it had been removed.

I believe it was the shard I played on for a *long* time that really set this rule into the community...Damian, a person I'm sure you don't find the best person in the world, Ryan, runs this shard.

You know what I think whenever I see that rule now? "Wow, this shard must really be hurting for players." (obviously you aren't). It's also just an unecessary set back to discussion. No one can ever mention any shard for reference or whatever. It hinders the forums more than it helps the shard. So instead of the forums becoming a place where a group of friends, or large community even, can come to talk, it becomes an over-moderated place where people lose touch. The general discussion forum anyway.

You're getting a quad processor server with 11.2 GHz total set up so you can do whatever the hell you want. I *will* be playing here :).

Just a suggestion.

--Gremio

I dont see any good logic in not having that rule. This is the UOGAMERS FORUMS. If Ryan starts disallowing shard advertisement on RunUO, and basically force feeding UOGamers into the RunUO community, then that would be lame, but he's not.

Really, this isnt a good argument. I understand what you mean, but its like arguing if mustard really needs to be in 2 different types "regular" and "spicy".

Gremio

Sorceror
lol, i don't see how it's like that.

I don't see how it's "force feeding" anyone into anything, much less the RunUO community...seeing as how they're already a part of it.

But anyway how exactly is it hurting anyone? I'm not talking about starting threads like "This shard is cool, come play on it." Especially when it's your own crap 20 player base shard you're starting...the message boards would get spammed with that crap. I'm just talking about being able to mention a f'ing name.

edit: whatever I'll probably just start my own forums (not advertising them :/)

BrandT

Wanderer
Well, simply from the perspective that it will invite advertising trolls to come to the boards. I just don't see what the need is to talk about other shards... They all suck anyways, specially the one you and I came from.

Gremio

Sorceror
that's true. I just think it should be limitied to advertising threads though.

Just irritates me when I'm about to say a shard name and realize "oh, i can't. Nazis live here." (using the term losely, I know the staff isn't *that* bad :p).

--Gremio

BrandT

Wanderer
Yeah, but everytime you need to talk about another shard just say "another POS shard", as we know they all are POS shards specially the osi ones.

Gremio

Sorceror
Yeah, I hear ya. But it's just annoying.

I'll just keep on mentioning them as anonymous crap shards :/

fonis

Knight
People mention IPY relatively frequently. There's no ban on mentioning them. Just don't advertise them.

I saw the thread you're talking about. He was more or less advertising it.

I've also seen threads about server peaks, and IPY was mentioned prevelently with their acclaimed "1000" user peak.

It's not a ban on their mentioning, it's just a ban on their advertising.

Aye.. just don't say things like "(insert shard here) HAS THIS AND THAT ON IT, THIS SHARD SUXORS!"

I've seen quite a few of those... most of which were removed.

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
Gremio said:
lol, i don't see how it's like that.

I don't see how it's "force feeding" anyone into anything, much less the RunUO community...seeing as how they're already a part of it.

Re-read what I said. I said these are the UOGamers forums. Not a shard advertisement center. I then went on to say, it wouldnt be right to allow advertising here, because it would be like Ryan making banners all over RunUO.com for UOGamers - which he does not. RunUO.com is the emulator forums. UOGamers.com is the shard forums. RunUO.com forums allows shard ads. Why do we need to do so here?

www.uogateway.com
www.topshards.com
www.ultimaonlinetop200.com
www.runuo.com

Those are all places you can talk about other shards. With that many resources (please note Ryan did topshards.com for the RunUO users - generously out of his pocket) for advertising/talking about different shards, what is the logic behind another place to do so?

Gremio said:
But anyway how exactly is it hurting anyone? I'm not talking about starting threads like "This shard is cool, come play on it." Especially when it's your own crap 20 player base shard you're starting...the message boards would get spammed with that crap. I'm just talking about being able to mention a f'ing name.

edit: whatever I'll probably just start my own forums (not advertising them :/)

You can mention a name. I notice TONS of people talking about Defiance. The specific thread you saw that was edited by a staff member was inviting people to play his friend's server. That, in turn, is advertising.

Is that clear enough yet?

Gremio

Sorceror
heh, it wasn't about advertising...I thought I made *that* pretty clear. But oh well.

"You can mention a name." this hadn't been stated until after that...but ok...

edit: I see what you're talking about advertising RunUO's *website* here now in your first relpy...I thought you were talking about the community, like you said, heh.

Xaelian

Sorceror
Omfg Germio not only did I have to read your long as posts on TAR I have to read them here to...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Lol Just playing man hope to see you around in game. ;)

Gremio

Sorceror
Sweet Xaelian.

Yeah, I know, lol ;).

I'm tellin ya man, my goal is to have *everyone* hate me before I'm done.

Xaelian

Sorceror
BrandT - "OMG, you too? what are you doing here xaelian?"

Playing...What kind of a question is that? Just messin with ya bro. I'm going to be a PK'er like I was on TAR sw00t!

Gremio - "tellin ya man, my goal is to have *everyone* hate me before I'm done."

I shall never hate my beloved Gremio! <3

I haven't started up here YET, because my ghay computer. I should have a new one in a months time. You guys better be playing here when I start danm you!