UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

OSI Animal Taming discrepancies

The Animal taming thread about pretamed creatures was flagged as completed:
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/542114

Although there are discrepancies about OSI, (at least as it was tested about one year ago)

BTW how did you fixed that report Eos? I did a test in RunUO, tamed a cow (AT diff: 11.1) with a player in one account, released the cow, then attempt to retame with another player with another account with AT: 12. I was able to attempt to tame and to gain.
If what you did was to remove the "I try to tame and not gain"... sorry Eos, you fixed it wrong :/

Anyway, according to OSI testing from me, Bama and (emooo?) of around 1 year ago
(unless now in OSI is how it's fixed now, in that case I ask forgiveness):

- For every pet tamed and released, to be tamed by someone else, the taming difficulty is (taming diff +6.0 * number of owners). (The Stratics table was wrong.). If the owner has AT skill over than the base AT difficulty but below the new AT difficulty (with the increase), the message is: This animal has had too many owners and is too upset for you to tame.

- The maximum number of owners should be 6 and not 5. Anyway, OSI testing (thanks Bama as always) showed a little creature can have more than 6 previous owners and still be tamed.
We considered as "it changed during ML" so a if (!Core.ML) should be added.
Basically, the limit of max owners possible is when the taming difficulty + increase goes over 120.

- Every time a pet with a previous owner is tamed, its loyalty is Extremely Unhappy.

- From Extremely Unhappy, a pet can go wild with few times "looks desperately" and not anyway at fixed rate. The estimated loyalty drop, which is variable and not fixed, is in the patch.
(The whole discussion was in a thread titled "Chance to tame and pretamed creatures" which was in the Development forum section, which is no more)

So that's the patch, exactly as it was. It should merge well with SVN 1083.

Attachments

• taming-pretame-SVN765.diff
    2.7 KB · Views: 7

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Test on Demise, not on (outdated) RunUO. Starting the taming attempt is fixed on Demise. :)

I cannot do a patch for Demise, I do not have access to its codebase :p :D :D :D

Seriously, that's what I can do for RunUO. I have tested on SVN 1083 before applying this patch and I don't have the raising in taming difficulty but I gain in AT (in SVN 765 instead you weren't able either to gain in AT) The patch is named SVN765 only because it was built when that was the latest SVN but it merges well with SVN 1083.

Looks like you have the ungrateful task to merge edits between Demise and RunUO code :)