UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Nym's Vet Guide

Nym's Vet Guide

Sup guys, I've seen a lot of people asking about Vet lately so I figured I'd write up this quick Vet guide.

I see a lot of people having problems raising the skill, but once you know the trick, its pretty easy. With this guide, you should be able to GM in about 24 hours.

Here is the trick:

Go out and Tame 2 Swamp Dragons. I went and found them in Ilshenar - Humility. Next, find a safe spot in Fel (boats work good) and have the 2 Swampys attack each other. (You want to Tell Swampy A to attack Swampy B, then tell Swampy B to attack Swampy A. If you don't they might attack you. Its also good to stand far away from them when you tell them to attack).

Swamp Dragons have a lot of hit points, but don't attack very well. There should be no chance of the Swampys killing each other as long as you have your macro set up beforehand.

Your macro should go something like this:
Use Bandages
Target Swampy A
Wait 3 seconds
Use Bandages
Target Swampy B
Wait 3 seconds

Be sure to stand close enough to heal both. Using this method, I GM'd Vet in one night using maybe 4000 bandages. Have fun.

pinion18

Wanderer
Another way to raise vet, which i have found works very well with little effort, is to go to the meer spawn in Ilenshar, sacrifice shrine i think, not 100%. Once you are there, sic you pet onto a meer mage, get them to sting your pet with bees. Do not allow your pet to kill the meer, as you will take a karma hit (unless of course you are a negative karma tamer/dont care). Proceed back into the portal, and find somewhere by yourself to set up a vet macro. The bees will stay on your pet, causing minimal damage to it(works best with a high health pet if you have low vet to start). When you are ready to remove the bees, cast a fire spell onto your pet. I believe a jar of honey works as well, but i have not tested that.

Oh, and one last thing, if you get bees on you when you are attacking the meer, use a torch to get them off.

So thats what the Honey Jars are for LOL

Now to find out about the wax hehehe

And I have tried Eriks method got to 90 in 4 hours from 32, GMed it the next day on a ghost pet.

Digital: Arhhh never had a chef may have to try it one day :)

Hardstyler Oh I forget now, but I think its in the 90ies m8 soz :( its way above 38 for sure.

qweazdak

Wanderer
its like 93 skill lvl for swampies
pretty far up there :p, if you fail theyre aggressive. if not, i think theyre peaceful.

Ice {RKn}

Wanderer
Hardstyler said:
whats taming required for swampys?
i only have 38 yet :S

93.9 minimum. They aren't aggressive normally, but you do anger them on failed taming attempts, although they do very little damage when they hit you.

You don't need any taming or lore to control them though, so you can get a friend to tame a couple for you.

Shoby187

Wanderer
Jeraal said:
I tried using this method, but with packlamas. But when i tell them to attack, one just runs away? :confused:

Tell Packllama a to attack pack llama b, then tell pack llama b to attack a.

Milsik

Wanderer
I do.. But one just runs away.. while the other one sorta walks on the same spot..

Edit:
Well now they are both moonwalking next to eachother.. but no attacking. :p

wain

Wanderer
Easiest way to gm vet is to get bonded pet and kill it. Then go to a boat and try to resurrect it... Youll get animal lore and vet to gm in no time

wain

Wanderer
It doesent raise it before 80 skill if you try to res? well i think i have always got something like that before macroing with bonded pet. thanks for info mate