UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

non stackable items...

mytilus

Sorceror
I was trying to mass produce some runebooks the other day and it was made excruciatingly painful by the fact that the vendor restock for non-stackable items is set to only 10 items. For 4 or 5 hours i bought all runes i could find always hoping to come back in an hour to see 20 runes but it was hopeless. I have copied books in the past and I know that you could buy them up to 999 before but now it seems like something is broken... thanks

Bama

Bug Huntress
I think non stacking items the default should be 20
But anyway
I bought 20 scrolls and 20 runes
An hour later
40 scrolls and 40 runes
Scribbles01.jpgScribbles02.jpgScribbles03.jpg

das3

Sorceror
I bought 20 scrolls and 20 runes
An hour later
40 scrolls and 40 runes

This has been the behaviour up until r1075.
r1075 changed the OnRestock-method in GenericBuy.cs to apply the double-up only to stackables (non-stackables get restocked to 20 max or less depending on SBInfo of the vendor) and also added following comment

Code:
/*
Core.ML using this vendor system is undefined behavior, so being
as it lends itself to an abusable exploit to cause ingame havok
and the stackable items are not found to be over 20 items, this is
changed until there is a better solution.
*/

mytilus

Sorceror
I dont have time to look at the code right now but I have been making books for 3 days now buying from several different towns, vendors always restock only 10 runes so far...

das3

Sorceror
I dont have time to look at the code right now but I have been making books for 3 days now buying from several different towns, vendors always restock only 10 runes so far...

Sell/buy info SBMage.cs and SBHolyMage.cs (anyone else selling recall runes?) sets the amount of runes to 10 (maxAmount), GenericBuy.cs uses a Math.Min(20, maxAmount), so this is expected.

Not like on OSI, but in scope with the change mark, or whoever wrote that patch, intended.

MB

Knight
FYI, this was put in because a month or two before the end of Xavier's reign, I crashed Luna by buying thousands of game boards to drop on a single tile. Nerfing runes to just 10 is overkill, I think. I had to accumulate 15k-20k items to freeze everybody. A big part and main enabler of the bug is that game boards don't ever decay like everything else so they could be accumulated over the course of a day.

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
FYI, this was put in because a month or two before the end of Xavier's reign, I crashed Luna by buying thousands of game boards to drop on a single tile. Nerfing runes to just 10 is overkill, I think. I had to accumulate 15k-20k items to freeze everybody. A big part and main enabler of the bug is that game boards don't ever decay like everything else so they could be accumulated over the course of a day.

Yes, same for that tinker craftable globe, you can just craft this and once your backpack is full it will start dropping on the ground and you can easilly create a "crashable" tile, at least it used to, not sure if RunUO ever implemented something to avoid that. Anyways a good idea may be a protection added to the assistant too, I'll check that later :)

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Not broken, more like crippled on purpose since r1075.
Correct. I'll uncripple it.

Oh, you!

Yes, same for that tinker craftable globe, you can just craft this and once your backpack is full it will start dropping on the ground and you can easilly create a "crashable" tile, at least it used to, not sure if RunUO ever implemented something to avoid that. Anyways a good idea may be a protection added to the assistant too, I'll check that later :)
Sadly it's the server disconnecting you, due to too much data pending. It's possible that disabling object property requests for all those items may help, but I think that's too late in most cases.