UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

No Carto guide in "Cartographer and Scribe"?

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
No Carto guide in "Cartographer and Scribe"?

I guess I find that just a little comical. I just now started my very first t-hunter and I was really hoping for a carto guide. Oh well. Anyone have any tips on gaining carto? I assume you just by a ton of scrolls, start making the hardest map you can, and get used to clicking "make last", but is there any better way? Thanks!

(btw, i started this because I have 5 or 6 level 4 maps and want some goodies :) )

qweazdak

Wanderer
this isnt the proper place for this thread. this is for guides only. anyways, just making maps over and over until you can't do it any longer.

Gargamel

Wanderer
From UO Powergamers (hope it helps)

Skill Training

Start by buying the skill from a NPC Cartographer. It's recommended you start a character with 50 Cartography in Trinsic or Moonglow. The Provisioner's of both shops have Map Maker NPC Vendors and are easy to get too. I recommend Trinsic. Closer to the bank and less camped.

* 20-52: Local Maps

* 62-65: City Maps

* 65-67: Sea Charts

* 67-99.5: World Maps

* 99.5-100: Level 2-4 Tattered Treasure Maps*

*-Note: You can't raise cartography above 99.5 (99.5 real) by drawing maps, the only way to get the last .5 points is to decode treasure maps. Every time you do that, there's a chance that you gain 0.1. This usually requires 400 or more undecoded level 2-4 treasure maps!

One of the easiest ways to draw maps is by using the UOA skill agent: Cartography. Select the Agent tab in UOAssist, and then chose skill agent in the drop-down list. Select one of the two cartography modes and then assign a key to the "Skill agent trigger" in the key's tab.

Now when you press this key UOA will attempt to find an empty map and then draw the correct map. You just have to fill your backpack with blank maps and press the key every 12 seconds

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
Thanks, I appreciate you looking that up for me, that was much nicer than someone just criticizing where I posted this tread *cough*. The reason I asked in the Demise forums is because this shard has some different skill levels to start the maps at. For example, I believe you can start world maps at something like 39.5. Regardless, it was nice of you to look that up, thanks.

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
Oh christ, relax big fella. I meant it to be a light, slightly comedic post. I'm so very very very sorry for posting in to wrong area. Now can't we all just get along?

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
lol, no kidding. I have recently GM'd a scribe as well, so I have been taking out tons of digital trees lately. Err, maybe I've just inconvienced a heck of a lot of electrons. Oh, and don't worry about killing my char, leave that to the paragon mare that shmucked me last week when I sent my unsuspecting, unarmored tamer in there. The thing just looked at me funny and my screen went grey.

jc_at_aq said:
The thing just looked at me funny and my screen went grey.

ROLF Now that sux LOL

Some sod left teh paragon behind, whats wrong with people these days? Half the fun is knocking them over :)

sRchBtTNNn69

Wanderer
qweazdak said:
this isnt the proper place for this thread. this is for guides only. anyways, just making maps over and over until you can't do it any longer.
TELL HIM TO SEARCH!!!!!!!! YOU"RE SO GOOD AT IT!