UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New server... New shard?

Pre rennisance server?

• Yes, that would be amazing. Get back hundreds of retired players

Votes: 97 58.4%
  • No. state the reason

Votes: 56 33.7%
  • Is that even possible? Ryan?!?!?

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patheasy

Sorceror
New server... New shard?

I'm just wondering, with the new server would it be possible to open up a second shard? With uogamers success and playerbase, i think Ryan could monopolize and finally take hold of the uo gaming community. What if uogamers made an ipy style shard? insta hit, pre cast, old school to the very core. There are many die hard players (including myself) That are dieing for a stable pre-ren shard. My guild and many other very large guild i play, and used to play with have almost given up on uo. Ryan, and everyone here give me your opinions. Uo gamers could finally be what osi never was. Take uo to the next level.

Terron

Knight
Re: New server... New shard?

I Path said:
I'm just wondering, with the new server would it be possible to open up a second shard? With uogamers success and playerbase, i think Ryan could monopolize and finally take hold of the uo gaming community. What if uogamers made an ipy style shard? insta hit, pre cast, old school to the very core. There are many die hard players (including myself) That are dieing for a stable pre-ren shard. My guild and many other very large guild i play, and used to play with have almost given up on uo. Ryan, and everyone here give me your opinions. Uo gamers could finally be what osi never was. Take uo to the next level.

www.uorebirth.com

raithianellis

Sorceror

I think he's looking for the support that exists on Hybrid. B-cuz the Hybrid staff is amazing. Not sure about rebirth though, never really played on it.

Raithianellis said:
I think he's looking for the support that exists on Hybrid. B-cuz the Hybrid staff is amazing. Not sure about rebirth though, never really played on it.
Rebirth is a part of the RunUO network, along with Demise. Quality is assured.

herbage

Wanderer

Yea man, it's all on rebirth. I think they have stat though, not sure. That, along with hard skill gain may be a reason for its lack of population.

Patheasy

Sorceror

rebirth is no good. And it doesnt have the same push and great staff as gamers. We need a quality t2a server with the uogamers name. and part of this shard, like a double log in. Two shards, one log in. You could pull the entire pre ren community with ease. And advertizing the start of a new shard? everyone could start at the same level of play, no rich over powered people. everyone building up together.

Addicted

Disciple

Skill gain on rebirth isn't as bad as people make it out to be. I made a 5x char in just 2 days.

Patheasy

Sorceror

People are clicking no with no reason. We need one mega shard. Every fucking pre ren player out there hard core shit. Two shards, one log in. This could bring uo back to life. I know of 200+ people, and many large guild that dont play becuase they have server hopped and every server is dies. we need one to stay up and kicking. Im tired of server hopping. Hybrid is always #1, but old school pvp cannot be matched

Mustafa

Wanderer

I agree... although hybrid is decent, i don't like much of the additions they have on the shard... old school shard would be awesome... IPY was great...

Though people bitch about gains being slow... thats the only way this game works... if everyone is 7x GM in 5 minutes theres no fun... what made OSI great was the fact that not every had GM resist.. and if you did it was great to have.

Mistro

Sorceror

cursis said:
I agree... although hybrid is decent, i don't like much of the additions they have on the shard... old school shard would be awesome... IPY was great...

Though people bitch about gains being slow... thats the only way this game works... if everyone is 7x GM in 5 minutes theres no fun... what made OSI great was the fact that not every had GM resist.. and if you did it was great to have.

Amen!! great idea i hope it works out

Jim O'Leary

Wanderer

hey, i havent played here in a long time, but i've been missing it. i just had an idea, instead of a new shard, a new facet, with a different ruleset. this would bring almost instint population to the new facet. when u stepped into the moongate u saw UOGAMERS and UOGAMERS T2A or PRE-T2A.

by doing so, u have the whole unprecedented uogamers staff and support, the option to seemlessly chose between facets instead of logging off and on and having to build up a new character.

thats part of the reason i never wanted to change shards. i have resourses and characters that i've put alot of time and effort in. when i log on i want to play and pvp, not spend my time building a char and scrounging for money.

it would be hard on the scripting end though, making certain items not work in the T2A facet and changing rulesets and such, but i believe it would be doable. just make the item appear as that square block with the sphere looking thing in it when u step through the moongate.

i dunno, just a crazy idea i had. lemme know what u think

tons of guns, point noted, thanks for being polite about it

qopempire

Wanderer

just an fyi; typing full paragraphs with-out any breaks or spaces between, makes it hard to read, and less attractive to do so.

colombia

Wanderer

ok, many uogamers staff had said we have uo rebirth, but it isn't the same uo we are talking about, what wer are talking about is a shard in which the main template will be a tank mage, with medtiation and evaluating intelilgence. no crazy bonues for lumberjacking, inscription or anyother kind of thing. something that bring the pvp to the extreme. where pvp is actually a skill.

saying all kill and targeting isn't skill ** points at those gay tamers with their 4 mares**. it will also be amazing to have no mounts, is wayyyy better for pvp and helps the high pingers to feel low to no difference.

at work i was thinking about this , what if uogamers did a t2a shard play style it will be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. please ryan, i will even donate to such a shard

Addicted

Disciple

colombia said:
ok, many uogamers staff had said we have uo rebirth, but it isn't the same uo we are talking about, what wer are talking about is a shard in which the main template will be a tank mage, with medtiation and evaluating intelilgence. no crazy bonues for lumberjacking, inscription or anyother kind of thing. something that bring the pvp to the extreme. where pvp is actually a skill.

saying all kill and targeting isn't skill ** points at those gay tamers with their 4 mares**. it will also be amazing to have no mounts, is wayyyy better for pvp and helps the high pingers to feel low to no difference.

at work i was thinking about this , what if uogamers did a t2a shard play style it will be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. please ryan, i will even donate to such a shard
Rebirth doesn't have bonus's like that. No med or anything. Also most people aren't mounted.

richmix

Wanderer

mavrik3412 said:
hey, i havent played here in a long time, but i've been missing it. i just had an idea, instead of a new shard, a new facet, with a different ruleset. this would bring almost instint population to the new facet. when u stepped into the moongate u saw UOGAMERS and UOGAMERS T2A or PRE-T2A.

by doing so, u have the whole unprecedented uogamers staff and support, the option to seemlessly chose between facets instead of logging off and on and having to build up a new character.

thats part of the reason i never wanted to change shards. i have resourses and characters that i've put alot of time and effort in. when i log on i want to play and pvp, not spend my time building a char and scrounging for money.

it would be hard on the scripting end though, making certain items not work in the T2A facet and changing rulesets and such, but i believe it would be doable. just make the item appear as that square block with the sphere looking thing in it when u step through the moongate.

i dunno, just a crazy idea i had. lemme know what u think

tons of guns, point noted, thanks for being polite about it

I like the idea of a pre-ren server, but creating it within a new shard on the same server is a bad idea. If I were to go pre-ren, I would want it to be slow skill gain (but still macroing allowed and no 8x8 necessary to make cost instead of time the real issue), and I would want to start on a level playing field with everyone else. Part of the major old school UO concept was that a character with 80 magery was actually good. Very good. And you had to work very hard to do it. I liked that because it rewarded hard core gamers and casual gamers alike.

HOWEVER: I am voting no to this. Why? I do not think population growth would support it. Creating a new server will draw players away from Hybrid, which would not be so bad if they were replaced by the new incoming folks. The issue: they won't be. The whole reason people want a new server and/or people may rejoin UO is because they are not happy with Hybrid or other currently-standing servers. This problem would ensure an underpopulated new server, while at the same time causing Hybrid to become underpopulated as well. If the player-base drops too low, so will the quality of the in-game experience, regardless of whether you approve of game mechanics. This same issue comes up with the possibility of a dual-faceted system. The current server population just doesn't support it (or at least not well enough to justify the risk).

Hope you see where I'm going with this. I like the idea, but I unfortunately think it is very dangerous for the UOGamers community.

richmix

Wanderer

It's not drama. It's analysis. Sorry, being a business major will do that to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.