UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New on Doom? Read it to survive!

olej

Wanderer
New on Doom? Read it to survive!

Never been in doom? So read this few words before get in there.

The best and the less pain method to kill Df is to lure ONE of them to the secret room.

See that one player is luring DF?
1.Dont interupt him and wait patintly in secret room.
2. Dont lure another one when You see thats sombody doing another one.

And one word to neewbie archers, stay on altar when shooting, the DF throw nasty things out when You shot him at distance.

Regards.

Ps. Sorry for my eng, mayby someone will write it better for me:)

Noxtragg

Wanderer
Re: New on Doom? Read it to survive!

Actually staying on the altar doesnt just do it, everyone should be between the 2 cases, anyone on the other side of the case causes alot more stuff to spawn...

pbguy434

Knight

Olej wins the best post of the day. Maybe we can get a screenshot of what happens when people don't follow this.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

I've been wanting to write a gaunt guide but never get to it. Excelent post.

Actually staying on the altar even sides, is ok, but once it a while it will still spawn, but usually not. But if your char can survive, do go between. And dont use fire fields, or spell spams like magic arrow, use big spells instead, like flamestrike. Or just spam Earthquake since it does like 100 damage with 0 eval... not sure what it does with 100 eval but probably quite a big chunk. If you feel confident (or suicidle like me:p) and want to try to take one on alone, do it far from everyone else so if you die the df wont go and disturb everyone else.

And if by chance more then 1 DF gets lured, which can happen by accident sometimes, let someone lure it away instead of attacking it. And if you're an archer and lure a DF, unequip your bow to target in war mode, it will still work fine, and you wont spawn crap that way.

For those who dont understand the spawning thing that we speak of, this is how it works: Whenever DF gets damage, it throws unholy bones at you, if they end up on the ground (looks like a decaying body) they will turn into an undead. So if you're a mage and not at the altar, it will throw a bone for each spell (lots, if your spamming small spells) so they will start spawning around you and go to other people. Wraths and stuff are not so bad, its the rotting corpses that are nasty, and lich lords can be pretty nasty as well but at least they dont have 1300hp like a rotting corpse.

One-demise

Wanderer

We have it so easy already till it becomes like a hamster's wheel. So some chaos will add a little spice. :)

OSI tweaked DF and LL to have necromancy spells and they spam wither/blood oath/revenants constantly. Now that is some mega spice.

SaferSephiroth

Sorceror

Thats The Best Response to a Post ive seen in over 6 years of playing Ultima When i saw the "You Are Dead" i laughed so hard i cried

Seyulshehir said:
Thats The Best Response to a Post ive seen in over 6 years of playing Ultima When i saw the "You Are Dead" i laughed so hard i cried

I wish I had taken a screenshot when there were over 12 ghosts in that room.

easy to remake that situation, with d 12 ghosts :p just wait for d next idiot to bring d third or forth df in d room; then prepare d screen shot :p

bdw, much better if it takes long to take screen shot, ie. no extra dfs in room

Well done, olej! Your English may not be perfect, but it's quite well enough to get all the points across. Hopefuly most perople who plan on trying the gauntlet will read something like this to let them know what to do, and more importantly, of course, what NOT to do. Same goes for Red Squirrel, for also explaining WHY certain things aren't good ideas.

And Facko? I thought that screen was tired out, but you've shown it's just as fresh as ever; I never thought I'd laugh like that from that immortal line! :D

olej

Wanderer

Refresh. Still free for all in doom.

OoOooOOoOOOOo all the time;)

swillsy

Wanderer

hey guys i found this is best option with only tamers and dexers in between the shelves with DF.

All rnaged go and stand in the corner on top of each other. there are only 3 spots where things can spawn sometimes no spawns at al ldoing it this way

Raptor

Wanderer

There are 4 tiles between the shelves, so if the mages/archers stand on the fourth one all the spawn will appear on the 3 tiles behind them. This has several advantages:
1. It is easy to see the bones, therefore easy to cut them before they turn to undead.
2. It is easy to keep a permanent wall of stone there, ensuring that there will be no spawn at all.
3. Put some bagballs -> no spawn at all -> piece o' cake

The archers/mages stay OUT of the DF-s range, do not worry about that.