UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New idea for exp pots

PickelFeet

Wanderer
New idea for exp pots

Ok I know exp pots have been beaten to death in discussions. I was just thinking maybe their range could be toned down to the same distance as magery spells. This way there would not be a loss in the damages or removing them completely and would give someone a chance to get away from the pots. Therefore all around improving the gameplay for those that don't use explosion pots and not making the explosion pots nurfed or useless.

**My experience today:
I was running krrios client today (my game size is 1280 width) and a guy was exp potting me from off my screen to the left. Now I know there is a slight delay and he was probably closer than what I saw him as, but that is still off the screen of the 800x600 max on a normal client. Which tells me the range allowed for the pots is quite large.

Ok so in this shard the pots follow you, now thats scary!

On OSI last time I tried they landed at your feet and you could run away from them, so they were great for hacking in to mages :) as they were stuck there trying to throw a spell LOL

I can now see why people complain!

WOW its alch time for me ;)

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
PickelFeet said:
Ok I know exp pots have been beaten to death in discussions. I was just thinking maybe their range could be toned down to the same distance as magery spells. This way there would not be a loss in the damages or removing them completely and would give someone a chance to get away from the pots. Therefore all around improving the gameplay for those that don't use explosion pots and not making the explosion pots nurfed or useless.

**My experience today:
I was running krrios client today (my game size is 1280 width) and a guy was exp potting me from off my screen to the left. Now I know there is a slight delay and he was probably closer than what I saw him as, but that is still off the screen of the 800x600 max on a normal client. Which tells me the range allowed for the pots is quite large.

Your resolution has no effect over spells and/or explosion potions. The reason I know this: The server code has a distance check.

Also, he could've easily been using krrios client as well, with a resolution higher than 800X600.. chances are he just got close enough to toss it..

And I think they have the same range as spells.. (10 or 11 tiles I've heard.. you'll have to ask a gee em about that one though.)

Gremio

Sorceror
Mike, I don't think he was emplying that. He was just stating he had a high resolution so he could see far away, and the guy was still in range to throw at him from off screen.

how about make it so you cant move when you throw them? would eliminate the problem nearly completely unless you use them in a 1v1 and people decide to run and in that case kill with magery anyway.

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
Gremio said:
Mike, I don't think he was emplying that. He was just stating he had a high resolution so he could see far away, and the guy was still in range to throw at him from off screen.

That makes no sense. I just said, your resolution doesnt matter. He had a high resolution so he could see the guy was off what was supposed to be his screen. Yet I just clearly stated - RANGE IS SET SERVER SIDE. So if he "thinks" that the guy was off screen, and "knew" this because he had 50000x50000 resolution, it wouldnt make a bit of difference - he is wrong.

I was trying to accomplish saying it in a nice way.

Larson said:
how about make it so you cant move when you throw them? would eliminate the problem nearly completely unless you use them in a 1v1 and people decide to run and in that case kill with magery anyway.

This has been going on for a long arsed time.. chances are, nothing's going to be changed... just learn to deal with them..

Whenever someone throws one at you, get as close as you can to them.. hehehe.

S

salamando-hybrid

Thanks for your input on this issue guys. Though this is not on the plate of things that is to be addressed immediately, I'll be sure to have this checked over for OSI authenticity.

PickelFeet

Wanderer
Mike I was not saying that he could throw because he could see farther. I'm saying I could see that he was a long ways away and he was still hitting me with them.

skullcrasher

Wanderer
Actually making it so players don’t move or need to stop like archery to throw the explosion potion seems like a reasonable fix.

zarag

Wanderer
Crystal said:
Actually making it so players don’t move or need to stop like archery to throw the explosion potion seems like a reasonable fix.
Yeah, because that made archery oh so fair as a pvp skill now, didn't it? Let's see... what else could there possibly be that could present any kind of danger to a mage dying in pvp? Let's get on it quick and nerf it. LJ? nerf - check. Archery? nerf - check. Explosion pots? - nerf check. Ahhhh, now I can play my wittle mage and NEVER have to worry about dying to anyone but another mage, thats so much better. Go back to talking about food and cars plz, Sifu Chang.

Reminds me of the EQ PvP servers. Everyone wanted to play necros in PvP, because they rock and noone could ever beat them. When they gave double dmg to rangers/archery, the majority screamed so loud about it that they had to nerf it. God forbid, someone should be able to kill the all-powerful necro which was the class of choice of 75%+ of the fucking pvp server population (to include all the GM's who had pvp characters).

PickelFeet

Wanderer
Zarag could you post something reasonable? It sounds like you are just ranting and upset that your necromancer is going to die if pots are tweaked to be more balanced.

Also the majority of people who use pots are mages... so I don't see how that would make it so only mages can kill mages.