UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My Opinions

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Another issue that hasnt been brought up yet is that hybrid is a fairly small community, in which everyone knows everyone else. Most of the time when you roll out, whether in group or solo fashion, you are on some level aware of the difficulty of the opponent you are facing once you see their name. In the original game there were thousands of players and not everyone knew each other; meaning you didnt know if you could beat that person (or group) until after it was over. This, in my opinion is one of the leading factors in reducing solo/small group pvp.. A less talented pvper will call in a buddy to compete and in return the other guy has to do the same.

Hybrid has the highest concentration of pvp talent that uo has ever seen and in all likely hood, ever will see. That being said, the game style and level of competition will always govern tactics used by adversaries. Everyone should be allowed to use all necessary resources to stay competitive. I do not believe anyone would want to sacrifice the competitiveness of the game for the sake of morality or honor. Thats what duel pits are for. If you want an easy game or if you want to beat every opponent you encounter, perhaps this isnt the server/game for you.

It's all because the population/community has decreased a lot. Hybrid's prime years were amazing.. the activity this shard had was awesome. Over the years though - people either: quit this shard and joined a new one due to various reasons, retired from UO completly, or just play a few hours a week now because they got bored/tired of farming in the same dungeons, farming the same mobs, lack of PVP in dungeons, got tired of taming the same things, got tired of GM accusations etc etc. Also - some people never even heard about UOG or havent played it for a few years.

All im going to say is - "build it and they will come"... if not - hybrid wont have a chance to return to its glory days.

Last edited:
It's all because the population/community has decreased a lot. Hybrid's prime years were amazing.. the activity this shard had was awesome. Over the years though - people either: quit this shard and joined a new one due to various reasons, retired from UO completly, or just play a few hours a week now because they got bored/tired of farming in the same dungeons, farming the same mobs, lack of PVP in dungeons, got tired of taming the same things, got tired of GM accusations etc etc. Also - some people never even heard about UOG or havent played it for a few years.

All im going to say is - "build it and they will come"... if not - hybrid wont have a chance to return to its glory days.

^

I think its been getting builded since ryan got back.

Exactly, people are scared on a video game that is just so weird to me.. a place where u cant get ill or die indefinitely.. The remaining players im sure have tons of restock too. I think its mainly dying with their wands which have become so valuable to them.

And that's fucked up lol
i was never afraid to die or lose anything i just couldnt stand taking 15 minutes to res and restock sometimes 45 depending on the situation. all my guildies and friends quit playing so getting someone to gate me out or res been out of the question when i play. but i always ended up "rage logging" or lazy logging i think would be a better term for me because i never was raged. just my two cents on the subject of being afraid to die and lose something.

i guess im afraid of losing an hour of my actual time in life when i have to wake up at 5 am for work every day.

GimpCent

Knight
I hardly could be considered a troll.... Nor do I post enough in reference to you to be considered one by you....

Thus your actually just being asked a question.