UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

My Opinions

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
I changed this because nothing you say matters here the players and staff are content with how things are and the server will continue to decrease and dissipate overtime. Peace be with you all and may all your dreams come true. :D

Last edited:

Shini

Page
What is your main concern then ? ... I fail to see how a fully automated gameplay can be any fun
not to mention that it's easy to fix for the most part.

You said that you wonder why people use bolas but yet you talk about how everyone offscreen.
you probably answered your own question Shawn.

Last edited:

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
I said people offscreen in even number fights where its not impossible to stay on screen, again this is the mentality of the player. Perhaps UO is just going to die and ill live with that lol

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
My main concern is the Gank Squads that claim to be having fun. They roll in numbers greater than you and use wands, bolas, and mares oh my.

Edit: I don't mean they shouldn't fix the issue(auto-healing)I just found it amusing that's what people care about lol

Shini

Page
My main concern is the Gank Squads that claim to be having fun. They roll in numbers greater than you and use wands, bolas, and mares oh my.

I don't really know what to tell you Weezy.

People seem a bit more scared to die though.
i've seen people offscreening me while i was on foot and spit dropping.

The last 2v2 tourny that i did like 2 years ago almost every teams disrupted our syncs.
Well , tried to.

All that just to say find your own ways to create your fun i guess if you can.

Last edited:

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
Exactly, people are scared on a video game that is just so weird to me.. a place where u cant get ill or die indefinitely.. The remaining players im sure have tons of restock too. I think its mainly dying with their wands which have become so valuable to them.

And that's fucked up lol

Shake__

Wanderer
Sadly their isn't really solo or 2 man groups anymore. UO has always had bigger groups. 2 people just can't compete against organized factions. In the past you would fight other small groups and ignore larger ones, but it's not possible at the moment. People are terrified to die in this game, so they like to hide or purposely outnumber.

Shini

Page
Its just not fun rolling in large groups using one spell from my book is all I can say.

Don't worry , i 've actually said that same exact line many times so i've been there too.
I feel like it was a lot more enjoyable in prophecy time back then there was many smaller groups.

Last edited:

ShawnCOwns

Sorceror
Sadly their isn't really solo or 2 man groups anymore. UO has always had bigger groups. 2 people just can't compete against organized factions. In the past you would fight other small groups and ignore larger ones, but it's not possible at the moment. People are terrified to die in this game, so they like to hide or purposely outnumber.

It's not really the numbers that bother me its the tactics involved in the fights. Fighting outnumbered is fun for me, but not if it includes all the bullshit the pvp has become on a consistency. Its a norm to you guys maybe I don't know. I haven't kept playing this game like most have so its kinda lame in my opinion.

MaryKMurphy

Wanderer
I agree. Wands, bolas, pets and delay macros are all toxic to pvp.
PvP in UO has been changing at a rapid pase ever since UOA was introduced in 1998 on OSI. your choices are clear
1:Adapt and learn
2dont and suck
3: quit

And Gimp if you should complain about anything, its not delayed ebolts, or weaken wands or anything of the such. Its off screen set target option on Sallos that has completely ruined pvp and made it WAY to newb friendly.

People will always adapt to win. Hence why SL is rolling with nothing but bolas and tamers, yeah it might suck to fight that BS but its called adapting to win. Does it make them pussies? IMO no, it makes them willing to do what it takes to win.

And i commend Chad for bringing back so many followers to increase the amount of pvp,
Maybe its the Pixels. Try dressing in pink/purple and being a decent pvper and if you build it they will come.

I have factioned allot against SL and have come to the conclusion that Chad at the very least is not using a modded client. The man stays alive because he can recognize a sync and knows how to offscreen very well. Hes a hard to kill. I havnt come to that conclusion regarding Toddy and Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooj but im hoping they have the same values Chad does, and if not i hope Chad doesn't endorse it because i have gained allot or respect for him in the field.

TL;DR
Step your game up, get with the times and learn to win.

Last edited:

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
PvP in UO has been changing at a rapid pase ever since UOA was introduced in 1998 on OSI. your choices are clear
1:Adapt and learn
2:Dont and suck
3: quit

Get the fuck out of here. Just because we chose not to play the game like bitches doesn't mean we can't adapt. People who spam bollas and wand macros only do it because they can't figure out the mechanics of the game. Ever watched any of those guys try and heal a sync or win a fight based off any sort of actual skill?

No, because most of them suck and finally realized they needed to start using the mentality "by any means necessary" to win.

MaryKMurphy

Wanderer
Not 4-5 guys spamming bolas and weaken wand macros. Pvp was a lot different back then.
exactly.
Back then.
It has changed.

Just like every other compettive online game ever created.
MOBAS,
RTS
MMORPG

You adapt to new play styles to win, you use your head to find ways around it. for example a poison on a precast ghealer, or a 1 player dropping a early explo before the sync. Realizing u just got stunned and str/petal/healpot/gheal wand.

These are the new ways of pvp, if u cant adapt, sit at WBB.

Was it more fun 6 years ago? when wands were really just coming into play? thats a opinion.

The fact remains. Adapt or die. This ideology applies to all aspects of life not just gaming.