UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Multi Client Problems with Razor

Multi Client Problems with Razor

I used to play on this shard over two years ago. I have not played UO at all since then, just suddenly got the itch the other day so I'm back now.

I used to run two instances of razor at once so I could have two characters spar and macro together. I'm trying to do this again, but when I try to start the second instance of razor here's what happens: I launch razor, the first box comes up where you pick your server and client and then when I click ok it freezes for a few seconds then crashes and I get teh windows XP message saying "there was a problem with client.exe and we had to close it"

Can anyone help me with my problem?

Thanks.

Edit: I just had an afterthought... I am using UO samuri empire client, should I update to ML? Maybe that will fix it. I will try that in the meantime while await the wise advice of you forum folk. :)

Jam-hybrid

Knight
Re: Multi Client Problems with Razor

You should update all the way. Don't know if that'll fix your problem but I'm guessing it should.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Besides updating UO, make sure you're using the latest version of Razor.

You could be looking at a memory issue. Are you using a particularly old and/or low-end computer? Are you trying to run two instances of UO and razor in addition to some much more RAM-consuming games or applications?

Is Razor working normally for you otherwise? Try making a second Razor profile and logging in the first account with the non-default profile.

That's all I can brainstorm right now.

Oh, and props on the Jelo reference.

Rhadam

Page

Are you opening the second instance while the first is at the account screen? Cause i know when i open more than 2 clients at the account screen it lags up cause i'm at 100% CPU usage... for some reason UO takes a shite load of CPU when at the acct screen but as soon as you put in your info it goes from 50% to 0% CPU usage... if you have a slow processor i could see it freezing your comp...

Thanks for the ideas fellas. I found the ML client and installed that because I was only running Samuri Empire, and that fixed it.