UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Minor Updates (Round 3)

^Rv

Wanderer
I dont know if I read anything wrong or not... But has this gone in?

Because if so I see NO change in candling dueling.. I can duel just as good as I used to with a candle...

M

Mark

^Rv said:
I dont know if I read anything wrong or not... But has this gone in?

Because if so I see NO change in candling dueling.. I can duel just as good as I used to with a candle...

The change has gone in, but like I said, depending on where in your spell you are disrupted and your reaction time, you may even notice it.

^Rv

Wanderer
Mark said:
The change has gone in, but like I said, depending on where in your spell you are disrupted and your reaction time, you may even notice it.

eh. I still dont see a change...

Good for me tho.

Quick edit.. Just letting you know mark.. when people use candles 99.9% of the time they use them RIGHT as the cast they spell.. such as Cast Explo.. Target... Cast EB *candle* Cast Posion... Target... the whole point of using the candle is to just put the text of the other spell up to trick the other person..

So basically.. after I put my candle up. In the time it takes me to move my finger to the next macro the delay is already gone.

To be honest.. I dont understand how you think this will stop candle duels.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Hatred said:
i dont mean to be negative but the ability to dagger yourself on OSI didnt result in a delay, the only reason they dont use daggers here, is because razor sucks for arming, its too slow, compared to the effect uoa could, or just using a uo macro to arm/disarm, and setting it to a key.
You need to learn how to read the docs to configure your razor properly. You're probably one dumbass who's using a 6 month old beta or something.

I just want to say for the record that razor is awesome and I think it is pretty shitty of this ass jack to come on here talking shit about a free program.A lot of time has gone into its development. I would love to see you code something better.If you do not like it then keep it to yourself dumbass and do not use it.
Sorry for the flame but that is bullshit.
Zippy your awesome bro! Thanks for the time you have spent on that project.

THEN IT BOILS DOWN TO THIS, I'M IN CAPS JUST SO PEOPLE'S EYES WILL JUMP TO THIS, WILL THE APPROPRIATE DELAY ON MAGIC ARROW BE INCORPORATED LIKE IT WAS ON OSI!!? OTHERWISE, THERE'S GONNA BE SOME TOTALLY **!*!*!*!*!*!*GAY**!*!*!*!*!*!** magic arrow spammers. In OSI, there was a slight delay before magic arrow disrupted after it was targeted, here it hits instantly. ALL REAL PVPERS KNOW THIS AND IT IS NOT A FACT TO BE DISUPTED.

andrewkholt

Wanderer
You have to realize that these updates are not challenging to do in the least, but are done in small doses as a manner of preventing players from being 'shell shocked'. I finished UOR timings the first day I considered doing them, but I have no idea if I could ever safely put them in all at once without a lot of drama.

To be blunt: I can code faster and better than most people can adapt, which means I have to be very calculated when I make changes to ensure the majority of players aren't 'left behind'.
the words of a true champ. but mark let me remind you that pvp is a see-saw it will never quite be balanced. it boils down to who is better at playing that particular character and the roll of the dice swing/miss + equipment.

paulonius

Wanderer
Whilst I believe that the uogamers staff do a great job to maintain the server and keep everyone happy I dont think this latest update is right.

Now that candling sucks mage duels are gonna be terrible, especially 5x duels...
candling was about the only skillful thing to do in a duel.

EDIT: I just had a duel and the delay aint so bad even for candling, thank god. :)

Pale Rider

Wanderer
Another blow to Dexers

although the change to poisoned weapons is not a big change, it is none the less a blow to dexers to make mages more dominant in this game. mage capabilities needs to seriously be looked at and changed, so the game does not turn into a mage only game. the playing field needs to be more even and the whining of the dominant mage race needs to ignored for balance of play.