UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mele hit bugged when u are in the back of someone

Lolerman

Sorceror
Yeah, with a mele weapon, when u are runing to kill someone and u are in mele in the back of that guy, u dont strike, u only strike if u are front on front or in lateral but if u are in his back char stay and dont hit.... i noticed that bug only on that server, and dont understand why ocurrs that.

Necrodog

Page
Yeah, with a mele weapon, when u are runing to kill someone and u are in mele in the back of that guy, u dont strike, u only strike if u are front on front or in lateral but if u are in his back char stay and dont hit.... i noticed that bug only on that server, and dont understand why ocurrs that.
I have noticed this too. You need to run in front of someone to hit them, which makes melee even more nerfed than it is already. Now, not only do dexxers have to rely almost solely on RNG, but also on their opponent being dumb enough to let you run right in front of him to hit. Sucks even worse if he's hiding behind a cu sidhe or nightmare.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Your character might be out of sync, try setting "resynchronize client" to a hotkey and press it when that happens. :)

A quick test shows that melee combat from the back of someone is working just fine. (But if your character is out of sync, you could be 1 tile off server-side!)

Ilikered

Sorceror
Your character might be out of sync, try setting "resynchronize client" to a hotkey and press it when that happens. :)

A quick test shows that melee combat from the back of someone is working just fine. (But if your character is out of sync, you could be 1 tile off server-side!)

could u plz post smth more about that client resynch ?

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes when you teleport a lot, the client loses track of where you really are, and your character is displayed 1-2 tiles off from your actual (server-side) position. You will usually see rubber banding or get stuck in things when this happens.

You can set a Razor/UOSteam hotkey to Misc - Resychronize Client. Basically this asks the server where you are, and repositions you.

I'm starting to think the original post is actually about fighting in movement, and having to run ahead slightly to hit players. That's a related issue, where a character's position is actually ahead server-side but your client is still animating it a few tiles back. That's a display error sadly and cannot be resolved, only accounted for in your playstyle.

Diz

Wanderer
It is about that Eos, he's most likely lagging.

Anticipating movement is a skill thing, not a bug thing. Even with lag. That's how pretty much all internet games with fast action work... positioning is like, the key to owning.

...and yes, Resync is great. I dinstinctly remember how often I used it 10+ years ago on IPY; whether that was related to that client version, RunUO's early emulation, or just worse lag I'm not quite sure.

I also think a main culprit of Desyncs - at least back then - was rubberbanding. Like, if you ran treestump patch, you were prolly gonna desync more often than someone who didn't.

Necrodog

Page
I am referring to when you are chasing someone and you are running right behind them, rather than just standing still. I will try the resynchronize thing, though. I hope it works.

Cold Blood

Sorceror
same problem for me lasts at least 8 years. when u chasing someone striantly behand him u cant swing ur weapon normally. u have to chase guys from left or right side. i do think this is a bug, pros can even just walk easily to avoid being killed by dexxers back to him