UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Mares.

Mares.

I've been off of UO for a few weeks, and it just came to my attention that mares are worth some money. Being I have 4, I figured I'd get rid of some.

Here are the mares:

Mare 1:
(518 str)
Wrestling - 99.4
Tactics - 99.0
Resist - 77.2
Anatomy - 86.7
Magery - 60.8
Eval Int - 98.2
Meditation - 100.0

Mare 2:
(515 str)
Wrestling - 99.9
Tactics - 99.2
Resist - 97.4
Anatomy - 99.0
Magery - 95.2
Eval Int - 99.1
Meditation - 100.0

Mare 3:
(518 str)
Wrestling - 84.0
Tactics - 89.4
Resist - 89.0
Anatomy - 14.5
Magery - 16.3
Eval Int - 31.4
Meditation - 33.9

Mare 4:
(507 str)
*All skills are 100.0 except resist, which is 99.9*

Anybody want to give me a ball park idea on their worth?

Re: Mares.

The price goes up by the STR more then the stats. a 7x mare with 507 str sells for about the same as a 525 untrained mare. They both sell for around 500k. This of course if they are pure (dark black), if the mares are not pure, they sell for in general about 20% less.

Your mare one will sell for around 225k
mare two - 375k
mare three - 150k
mare four - 350k

If any of these are Pure (dark black) add about 20% value to them
so
1-250k
2-450k
3-200k
4-425k

This is my guess for the most you will get for these mares. Can you tell us if any of these mares are pure, then I will bid on a few maybe.

The problem is, most people that have a lot of money to spend on mares, want mares with 523+ STR, because it directly effects the fireball damage and melee damge they can bite with.

Gary HK

Sorceror

I've never sold any trained mares. however, I don't feel that mare 2 and 4 will cost lesser than 600K.
Of course Str is very important, but training a mare to 7GM is a really painful experience.

A little off subject, but I have never really gotten into taming too much, I mean I have my mares with decent stats and all that and a WW, but what is the best way to actually train them? I have always just used them and not paid attention to their skill gain's. Any tips?

Gary HK

Sorceror

well, train mare is much easier than dragon and ww.
Just let two mare attack each orther, and keep healing them.
What you need is a large house and stand in the center of it.
However, I did see someone do it in town. I have no idea about how he avoids his pet become grey. :\

For the dragon/WW, it is annoying because u can't contorl more than one dragon/ww. So u need a tamer fd to bring his dragon/ww to train with yours.
Don't forget to heal your pet! :)

herbage

Wanderer

Revelations said:
Well, I will give you 800k for mares 2 and 4, if you are intersted aim me, uorevelations.

if you dont mind me asking, what do you do with all the mares you buy up? Do you have a bunch of tamers? YOu suitin up friends? Just curious

I am preparing for the marenium you know.

LOL nah, JK

I dont win all the mares I bid on, but I just made a new tamer and need atleast 4 mares these days, with all the boaters.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

With mares str is more important than skills.

Gm magery/resist/med/eval on 2 mares in 4 days, skills can be gained very easily, str cannot.

cogzn

Wanderer

Darkwind said:
I've never sold any trained mares. however, I don't feel that mare 2 and 4 will cost lesser than 600K.
Of course Str is very important, but training a mare to 7GM is a really painful experience.
^^

Choru,. how to you gm magery and resist in 2 days, I have macroed mine fighting eachother for days with a good razor macro healing them both, just training magery and giving them time to med and cant come close to doing it in 2 days.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Revelations said:
Choru,. how to you gm magery and resist in 2 days, I have macroed mine fighting eachother for days with a good razor macro healing them both, just training magery and giving them time to med and cant come close to doing it in 2 days.

I said 4 days :/

_Choru_ said:
I said 4 days :/

Even 4 days is impossible, ive had my mares sparing with each other for 2 weeks and its almost impossible to get past 92 or 93 magery. If they die 1 time at 93 magery it takes you a whole day of macroing just to get that 1 point back. Not to mention one of them dies over half the time at server wars, and then pks. To get a 7x mare with the skill gains is almost impossible.

you need to set macros where you fight for 30 secs, then med for a minute, if you constantly macro them, they never get up enough magery to flamestrike eachother.

BTW, are you going to sell these mares or not, if not let me know so I can buy some other mares please.