UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Magnus' guide to starting on a new shard.

pbguy434

Knight
Magnus' guide to starting on a new shard.

Alright, I'm rpetty bored right now so I'm gonna try and help out all the new people who are starting on this shard, and on any other shard for that matter. Abd maybe this'll set the Guide section back on track.

Alright, this might not be the best way to make it starting on a nw shard, but it certainly works very well. I'll apply it to Demise, but I'm positive it will work on other places.

Requirements:
The newest Razor.
The prefered UO client.
EasyUO + a bod filling script, I like that s7 one.
Time.

1. You'll want to make up all your accounts. In Demise's case, its three. Don't make any more than this, you'll get the ban stick.
2. Create one Character with 50 tailoring, and 50 inscription. Start in Moonglow. Make him have a cool name.
3. Create all your other characters as human, and with around 5 tailoring - Other skill can be whatever, just make sure that one has 50 magery for a spellbook. Again, starting them in Moonglow. Names don't matter on this one, I'd suggest "One", "Two", "Three", etc.
4. Buy a horse with your 1000 gold from the animal trainer right by you, and run to Luna.
5. Put the rest of your money on the main character with Inscription and Tailoring. You'll have a decent amount of gold then.
6. To start off with a decent gold flow, you will want to go right to a Mage shop (use all of them, don't camp the Luna one) and buy out the Nightshade, about 20 Inscription Tools, and just as many Blank Scrolls as you bought Nightshade (As in, you buy 50 Nightshade, buy 50 Empty Scrolls). Don't buy things AFK, you'll get the ban stick.
7. Start off by clicking on the Inscription tool, go to 3rd Circle Spells and click on Poison. You'll make a poison scroll.
8. Now that your familiar with that menu, you will want to open up the Razor window. Go to "Macros", click on "New...", name it whatever you will remember it buy, and then click Record.
9. Record a macro that double-clicks the Inscription tool, click on the 3rd Circle Spells, click on Poison, then right click the menu to close it. Click "Stop", and you have your macro. Click on the first line to highlight it, and then right click it, and then click "Convert to target-by-type".
10. Run that macro for a while, go get a drink, go outside, whatever. When you come back, sell *all* the poison scroll you just made to the Holy Mage vendors in Luna. The profit is very nice, especially for a new player.
11. Now with your new-found riches, you'll want to buy more Nightshade and Empty Scrolls, to make more money. Make poison scrolls, sell them, repeat. Keep goin until you have a few 100k. Buy a house, do whatever you feel like doin'.

Alright, you have the money. Now what? Gold isn't worth anything, so now we get to the rest of your characters...

1. Take any of your alternate characters and go to any Tailor shop that makes you happy inside.
2. Single click on a Tailor, and select "Bulk Order Info" from the drop down menu.
3. A new window will pop up, click the "Ok" button, and you have your first Bulk Order Deed.
4. Repeat this with *every* character on your three accounts.
5. Transfer all those green things to your main, cool named, character.
6. I'll be assuming that your Tailoring is GMed, so get to it!
7. Now, you'll want to stock up on a *ton* of cloth, and run the small bod filler script.
8. Turn the newly filled deeds into the tailor one by one (don't do this at Luna), and after you turn in one, get another Bulk Order Deed, and put it into a new bag. Repeat this filled-Deed by filled-Deed. After each Deed turned in, be sure to get a new bod. That part is very important, because your trading in a crappy worthless bod, for a hopefully high-quality bod.
9. Keep recycling those bods until you get the required bods for the bod reward 120 Tailoring, or a Barbed Sewing Kit. Find the rewards at www.towerofroses.de - its a great site for all Crafting needs.
10. Your main goal is to get Barbed Sewing Kits, and maybe a Clothing Bless Deed here and there. BRSKs are worth a ton, so depending on what you plan to do, you can trade them or use them yourself. Unlike gold, you can buy anything with BRSKs, especially Artifacts.

Your now rich, have an elite suit, and a bunch of extra gear to trade. Hope it helped a little bit to all you people out there. I might edit or change around some stuff. And it turns out that this post is huge, sorry about that.

slowjeep

Sorceror
Re: Magnus' guide to starting on a new shard.

or you can do it the hard way like I did. start all 15 of your characters as paladins. Do the paly quest in haven with all of them. That will get you some starting gold and 15 undead slayer swords to deal with. Use the money to get a spined or dull copper suit and orc slayer weapon. Go kill orcs for a few days. Use your gold to get better equipment,then kill stronger monsters. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Then repeat, repeat, repeat. Pete and Repete were in a canoe, Pete fell out. Who was left? Repete.

slowjeep said:
or you can do it the hard way like I did. start all 15 of your characters as paladins. Do the paly quest in haven with all of them. That will get you some starting gold and 15 undead slayer swords to deal with. Use the money to get a spined or dull copper suit and orc slayer weapon. Go kill orcs for a few days. Use your gold to get better equipment,then kill stronger monsters. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Then repeat, repeat, repeat. Pete and Repete were in a canoe, Pete fell out. Who was left? Repete.

magnus guide seems a little bit easier and more worthile :p

Peteimus

Wanderer

slowjeep said:
or you can do it the hard way like I did. start all 15 of your characters as paladins. Do the paly quest in haven with all of them.<<

You state do the Paly quest in Haven!

Can someone give me some more info on this Quest, where to get it, how etc etc

Lady Vex

Peteimus

Wanderer

I found the Quest and yes I am a newbie, My Husband is the old player. Thanks

Lady Vex

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

I thought I would expand on this just a little for people who are a little more impatience or have busy lives, but still want to get setup so they can get to the fun of the game more quickly.

Things to keep in mind:

1. When making your scribe/tailor it helps to have a lot of mana, and to max that out for more progress. Thus, I recommend starting this character as a elf so you can do the camping trick for stat gains. I am not entirely sure how modain's legacy affects skills. If it really benefits tailoring then perhaps don't, perhaps someone could clear that up or it's in another thread.
2. Mana regeneration is not dramatic when scribing unless the number is substancial. Therefore experimentally if you have a control character scribing the same thing at the same time, having about 8 mana regen will only up his speed by about 1/5- 1/6, which is not too bad.
3. Unless your using this character for being a jack of all trades, let focus and meditation GM, they will be the main regenerators.
4. Make a duplicate scribe (no tailoring needed). You can then scribe twice as fast.
5. When building up your tailor, if hides are needed, keep in mind that you can buy them from vendors.
6. Vendors restock about every 20 minutes or so, and everytime they restock they appear to double any item that has recently sold.
7. If you're having a hard time getting lots of blank scrolls because of their weight, either get a beetle or stand at the west end door of the Luna holy mage shop. Open your bank, and then use turn on the razor agent. Set it for blank scrolls at 999. Now you can click a vendor and click buy, the scrolls will drop to your feet and then you can place them into your bank. This can be risky but I wouldn't worry much about it.

Keeshi

Sorceror

I like this guide. I think it should be rewrote and stickyed