UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Luck.

Gorakka

Wanderer
How important is having a good luck suit? Will I see more valuable jewel drops,etc.? or can I get by fairly well with no luck at all?

thank you

LittleMary

Traveler
Whats a good amount for luck? What should my suit add up to in total?
All you wanted to know about luck and some things you might not of wanted to know.

What is the best luck ?
Real life luck. You can get a 50kk item drop with 0 luck.

What is the optimal luck in uo ?
In my personal experience. I find running at 1200 is best. According to uoguide maths. This is where I see the treshold between killing speed and beneficial luck. If you kill twice more then with 1600. Do you need that 400 extra for the little it give ? The intensity boost wont be better.. It's just a chance at 1 extra corpse and a little more intensity on mods you probably dont want anyway.

Is it possible to have too much luck ?
Part of the awnser is in optimal luck. But, for some reasons still unknown to me.. I tried running up to 1600+ luck and it aint even the killing time that slow down which annoy me. I seem to get bad drops... I can tell you uoguide formula says otherwise... But that is my experience. So in the end, maybe it's Demise related. The only place you might want to stack luck to a point of becoming autistic is Gauntlet.(I read a very old post about luck being capped there.. So who know..)

In the end.. I will say what I been told once.
99.9% drop is bad with the current loot system.
So..
You wanna kill 3kk titans,bloods or lich lord without luck?(Pretty much same drop. Aside lich lord wont bother you with the extra really bad ettin drop corpse)
You wanna kill 1-2kk titans,bloods or lich lord with luck?
or
You wanna kill 250k miasma in a luck suit.

If you are looking for a very nice item. Those are pretty much the numbers for 1 really good item.

Last edited:
All you wanted to know about luck and some things you might not of wanted to know.

What is the best luck ?
Real life luck. You can get a 50kk item drop with 0 luck.

What is the optimal luck in uo ?
In my personal experience. I find running at 1200 is best. According to uoguide maths. This is where I see the treshold between killing speed and beneficial luck. If you kill twice more then with 1600. Do you need that 400 extra for the little it give ? The intensity boost wont be better.. It's just a chance at 1 extra corpse and a little more intensity on mods you probably dont want anyway.

Is it possible to have too much luck ?
Part of the awnser is in optimal luck. But, for some reasons still unknown to me.. I tried running up to 1600+ luck and it aint even the killing time that slow down which annoy me. I seem to get bad drops... I can tell you uoguide formula says otherwise... But that is my experience. So in the end, maybe it's Demise related. The only place you might want to stack luck to a point of becoming autistic is Gauntlet.(I read a very old post about luck being capped there.. So who know..)

In the end.. I will say what I been told once.
99.9% drop is bad with the current loot system.
So..
You wanna kill 3kk titans,bloods or lich lord without luck?(Pretty much same drop. Aside lich lord wont bother you with the extra really bad ettin drop corpse)
You wanna kill 1-2kk titans,bloods or lich lord with luck?
or
You wanna kill 250k miasma in a luck suit.

If you are looking for a very nice item. Those are pretty much the numbers for 1 really good item.

It is not the question I asked :)

JlM

Wanderer
Question about luck:

I read a post where a guy said he got a drop with 1800 luck, I'm at 1300 without wpns, I guess I can get 200 from sop, that's 1500, where is the other 300, I'm using mempo, aof and 135+ each peice, and luck robe.

JlM

Wanderer
What is xx luck, and I forgot about perfection. When I tried bushido I never seemed to achieve perfection.

JlM

Wanderer
Maybe my problem was archery before val but I would lightning strike every hit on ml mobs and still end up hardly ever making perfection. Maybe I'll try melee with my cu or gd tanking