UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Low FPS" Windows 7 problem "Screen tearing"

"Low FPS" Windows 7 problem "Screen tearing"

Hio all,

Some mounths ago i bought new comp, all was just fine till i wanted to return for UO, i installed game and find out that at all of my servers i get creepy laggy, ive read about it at the internet but didnt find any answear for my problem

heres screen so you can see what im talking about http://uo-cl.com/shit.jpg
heres what one man found about that "LAG" Screen tearing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've found out that if i pull out all character things like bag, map, character status, paperdol, journal IVE got really big problem with running, that means for me no "screen action", i wrote that because i dont know if thats 100% screen tearing, for me its just low fps as in CounterStrike, maybe thats because uo has displaying window mode ? i tried to put it on full screen but its impossible to play with such big pixels and no place for inventory :D

Ive got Windows 7 32 BIT ver. all drivers are the newest one, so as graphic, motherboard etc. , when my character moves ive got something what Wiki called "screen tearing", i triend to repair it when i found topic http://www.uogamers.com/forum/questions-answers/209640-problem-uo-windows-7-a.html
i tried to Disable desktop composition, but nothing new
i tried do all the graphic options, nothing new
i tried every graphic in game option, nothing new
i dont think it will be easy to kill that problem

I really would like to play some UO, ill do whatever its needed to solve that problem

Please help me with your posts - if you can and if you heave any customs tips of course

character

Wanderer
Re: "Low FPS" Windows 7 problem "Screen tearing"

more people would probably help you if you didnt post a uo picture of a different shard. so nty

Dexter420

Sorceror

Did u run razor as an administrator??? Also run the patch for UO as an administrator as well.

zoo york

Knight

You never told me what your patch level was in your pm

jpowell52000

Sorceror

Ya make sure that u are the "admin" of the computer. I was say that isn't the problem at all. Can u put the specs of your new pc on here as well. I understand the screen tearing, but if you are running a new computer that is low in specs..it can cause that to. Also try shutting everything down that u dont need open when u play and check your memory/cpu usage in the task manager. U will get that when your memory is used up and its going to the pagefile.sys.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

Enabling "Disable desktop composition" and (especially) "Disable visual themes" in Razor's compatibility options will get rid of the tearing in Windows 7.