UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Looking for Demise Reporters

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Looking for Demise Reporters

As many of you are aware, Stratics has been the “official” forums for Ultima Online for several years. One of the features Stratics has offered the game is player reporters who are responsible for reporting on events with clear writing in a role play fashion. Demise is now looking for active individuals to enhance the Demise experience.

Individuals who are interested in being a Demise Reporter must agree to the following:
  • All reporter activity reflects into Demise’s reputation. As a representative of Demise, they must agree to follow ALL forum rules and act maturely when interacting on the forums and in game. Any violation of shard, forum, IRC, or ventrillo rules will result in their termination as an official shard reporter.
  • No special compensation will be given to Demise reporters aside from a mandatory signature line that will be provided to them by the Demise staff. Any request for compensation will result in immediate termination in their role as an official shard reporter.
  • Official shard reporters are a voluntary player position.
  • Official shard reporters must post two news articles per month along with one monthly column (column must be approved by Lady Crimson).
  • Official shard reporters will not receive information regarding story arc events prior to the event happening. The official shard reporters may receive a slight advance notice to spontaneously hosted events like PvP tournaments if they are online.
  • Official shard reporters will use their current forum account to post news articles and other write-ups.
If you think that the above is reasonable and you have a creative streak you wish to use to enhance Demise, then read on!

As a player volunteer reporter, you are required to:
  • Be a competent writer in English
  • Be active and knowledgeable of the Demise community
  • Be willing to attend events and quests while finding other aspects of the server that may interest your fellow player.
  • Be able to dedicate the time needed to produce a minimum of three articles/stories per month.
  • Be a creative and critical thinker
Still interested?

Send an email to [email protected] with the following information. Please include the question with your answer:
  • Your Real Name (first only is fine)
  • Forum Name(s)
  • List the character name in game you will use as your reporter character
  • List all account names on Demise that you access
  • Are you multilingual? If so, what languages do you speak and write fluently? If you are multilingual, are you willing to post your messages in English with a translation in the other languages you are fluent?
  • How long have you played UO?
  • How long have you played on Demise?
  • Have you ever had corrective action taken on you by Demise Staff (forums, IRC, or in game)? If so, when was it and explain what you were corrected for.
  • Do you understand and agree to the first six comments made about being a Demise Reporter including that you will lose your current forum signature which will be replaced with an official signature?
  • Why do you want to be an Official Demise Reporter?
  • Do you have any ideas now regarding a column that you would be interested in posting?
  • (not a question) Include a writing sample of no more than 500 words. Use this as your assignment: 2009 Spring Festival. Select an event from the festival and do a write up. If you did not attend, there are plenty of comments and pictures in the Event Forum thread to assist you in creating something.
If you have any questions, please PM me on the forums and I will answer them for you.

Please know that this is a trial run program. If it works out, there is a possibility we would have more player reporters. Conversely, if it does not work out, then those brought on may be released from their position. Only two reporters will be selected at this time.

Thank you, and good luck to all applicants.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Looking for Demise Reporters

Just a note that I will be closing submissions to this at the end of the weekend. Please get your apps in if you were interested.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Looking for Demise Reporters

Having had full intent to close this a week ago, I got wrapped up in my vacation and didn't. So, I'll give it till the end of this week then that's it - applications close.

I have not had a great interest in this and am curious if it is a problem that Demise is ready for.