UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

lich vs. wraith

Kagome

Wanderer
lich vs. wraith

Typicaly I use lich form for mana regen. I recently read somewere wraith was better for WOD use. I know the main deferences but who uses what for what purposes? Why could wraith be better in some cases?

Re: lich vs. wraith

I use wraith form if

• I do direct damage to many opponents with area spells (like wither on champ spawns)
  • I do direct damage to a single opponent with low or mediocre resists on that damage type I'm using (like DF in gaunt, wo has only 30 in all resists)
I use lich form if

• I use summons or spells that dont do direct damage and dont have meditation on my template (like my necro/tamer/arcanist)

Wraith form gives you 20% mana leech if you have 100 SS. (2% per 10 SS points)

Usually, if you strike a WoD in wraith form and you reach to do more than 140-150 points, you recover the whole mana you used. (LMC is important about this)

This is true also with many magery spells affected by slayers.

Personally, I use lich form only for practice and if I have to use Nature's Fury. Otherwise, I go for the wraith form and slayer spellbooks.

FYI, I bring 7 spellbooks with me. One for generic purposes, and 6 superslayers. They are associated with hotkeys that call dress agents, so I can quick swap them for every occasion ;)

Kagome

Wanderer

So in wraith form you receive that 20% no mater the nature of that spell? Like if it's weaving or mage spell. That's pretty cool, didn't realize. I hunt solo for the most part so I guess I've fallen into that spamming fury habit. In stead of using more magic based attacks.

Kagome;566729 said:
So in wraith form you receive that 20% no mater the nature of that spell? Like if it's weaving or mage spell.

Yes, if the damage is directly against the target and not with duration. You will leech mana with spells like fireball, pain spike, wither, and word of death, but you won't leech with poison, area field spells, strangle, or by using summons like daemons, feys or furies.

Kagome

Wanderer

So really if I'm a solo hunter, wraith form is probably best used to hamer on bigger critters like yamadons with WOD.

jerger

Wanderer

its been 3-4 years since i played

does it turn you gray in fel? (wraith)
are their limitations for weapon skills or ninjitsu (would it drain mana, and does it work... unlike trying to do these from ninja animal form, they are blocked)

thanks!

gilgamash

Knight

Small off-topic question for PvPers with Wither-experience:

Does it automatically cause damage to not-allied reds and/or guilds you are in war with (be the last group(s) in Tram or Fel)?
Or do you have to target opponents first?

Thanks,
G.

gilgamash;567118 said:
Small off-topic question for PvPers with Wither-experience:

Does it automatically cause damage to not-allied reds and/or guilds you are in war with (be the last group(s) in Tram or Fel)?
Or do you have to target opponents first?

Thanks,
G.

Being a PvMer with wither experience I can say It automatically attacks reds around you.

DonMuerte

Squire

one thing of note: wraith form does mana leech with all type of direct damage whether it be from spells or from weapons. I have a bushido wraith archer in gauntlet and almost never run out of mana from constant lightning strikes and chiv spells.