UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Let it all burn. Shard wipe!

PooSlap

Wanderer
Let it all burn. Shard wipe!

Thats right. I think a shard wipe might be in order. Look at it with some realism and thought. Forget your uber towers and 18x18's loaded with lewt. You know what happens after a massive forest fire? The forest grows back. Often it grows back and flourishes more than it was in its previous stagnant state. If we all wipe, everyone has a fair shot at it all. No-one comes into the game with any advantage other than their raw skill.

I could paint you a more vivid picture but I don't feel like it.

Ophidian

PooSlap

Wanderer
Re: Let it all burn. Shard wipe!

Server needs a wipe. Its not a matter of TESTING the shard. Its overloaded.. Full.. 1/2 the houses are going to go IDOC. More trammies loading down on IDOC loot. Just wipe it. It will grow back better with the solid players who play the game.

Oph

The shard will never get wiped.....why you ask? Real simple, many people play this server because they already have accumulated houses/loot etc. If they lost all their loot, many would say fuck it, and try another server, and Ryan does not want that to happen. So please, don't waste anymore threads on....ohhhh...shard wipe please....I suck and don't have a nice place to live....wipe it wipe it....do us all a favor and STFU NEWB!

Who has the photo of the kid yelling at the small dog, please repost that with STFU Newb on it please for this newb.

Lorthic

Knight

Ophidian said:
Thats right. I think a shard wipe might be in order. Look at it with some realism and thought. Forget your uber towers and 18x18's loaded with lewt. You know what happens after a massive forest fire? The forest grows back. Often it grows back and flourishes more than it was in its previous stagnant state. If we all wipe, everyone has a fair shot at it all. No-one comes into the game with any advantage other than their raw skill.

I could paint you a more vivid picture but I don't feel like it.

Ophidian

You say this because you're poor in-game.

PooSlap

Wanderer

12 million.. a castle.. 2 18x18's and 6 accounts

Yeah Im REAL poor.

You've obviously never met me or played on a poker table with me. Sadly I hardly farm. I mostly play poker.

Im saying it because I don't CARE. When it comes down to it, its just a bunch of crap. I moved from Sonoma where I had a bunch of stuff to playing siege perilous back on OSI. Our guild DOMINATED SP and then they wiped it like 2 weeks later.

I came to this shard with nothing and 3 weeks later my group took the shadow lords to owning ever sigil on this server. I don't care about starting over. I don't cry when digital stuff gets erased. ITS A GAME. If you can't handle that fact then you need to go play real life. Theres no server wipes there.

Lorthic

Knight

Vash said:
Doesn't mean he has a right to be an ass =( and who cares if hes rich ingame i sure don't.

I hold the seat of power in Sosaria. Along with your mother, as my manservant.

Lorthic

Knight

Ophidian said:
12 million.. a castle.. 2 18x18's and 6 accounts

Yeah Im REAL poor.

You've obviously never met me or played on a poker table with me. Sadly I hardly farm. I mostly play poker.

Im saying it because I don't CARE. When it comes down to it, its just a bunch of crap. I moved from Sonoma where I had a bunch of stuff to playing siege perilous back on OSI. Our guild DOMINATED SP and then they wiped it like 2 weeks later.

I came to this shard with nothing and 3 weeks later my group took the shadow lords to owning ever sigil on this server. I don't care about starting over. I don't cry when digital stuff gets erased. ITS A GAME. If you can't handle that fact then you need to go play real life. Theres no server wipes there.

Yeah, that's poor. I'm sorry that you want the shard wiped because you're not wealthy enough to be able to enjoy the game.

I, myself, rarely use the wealth that I've attained. I merely use reagents and potions so that I may peeveepee.

I win. You lose. Your mother.

Furota said:

That's right, Lorthic is all about your mother, trust me on this, he is a mother fucker, so......................step off, he is doing the Hump!

PooSlap

Wanderer

You guys have harshly lost topic here. Its not a matter of riches. Its a matter of whats healthy for the shard as a whole. I listed what I have. I'd be giving up more than 90% of the players on this shard for what I think is right. On this shard as of this current moment, very little is earned. There is such an excessive ammount of stuff that you can run around begging or just make an IDOC hunting character and get a TON of stuff. Ive hit poker streaks worth more than most players.

Think about the greater good of the whole. Not yourself.

Ophidian

Ophidian said:
You guys have harshly lost topic here. Its not a matter of riches. Its a matter of whats healthy for the shard as a whole. I listed what I have. I'd be giving up more than 90% of the players on this shard for what I think is right. On this shard as of this current moment, very little is earned. There is such an excessive ammount of stuff that you can run around begging or just make an IDOC hunting character and get a TON of stuff. Ive hit poker streaks worth more than most players.

Think about the greater good of the whole. Not yourself.

Ophidian
It depends on which Opidian you are. +

PooSlap

Wanderer

Furota said:
Yeah, that's poor. I'm sorry that you want the shard wiped because you're not wealthy enough to be able to enjoy the game.

I, myself, rarely use the wealth that I've attained. I merely use reagents and potions so that I may peeveepee.

Don't get me wrong. All I do is play poker and PvP. Like I previously wrote, I hardly farm. I buy out reg vendors occasionally so all my kegs are full but I normally take soo many items that restocking if and when I die just means wearing/using stuff I've taken from others.

Oph

Countessa

Knight

I'm not poor. I have items, gold and housing. I have invested time into playing. I agree with a wipe.

Trammies have been getting the worst of it in these discussions but everyone is guilty of hording to some extent. Trammies have pretty, deco items. PvPers and Pkers have stacks of regs in bags, weapons, armor and other loot thrown in chests from kills(that is never cleaned out until they run out of room). Crafters have their supplies and tools. Merchants have their stock and wares.

If Ryan wiped
Merchants would only benefit. Everyone would need to restock.
Crafters would once again have value with the slower skill gain, no shard flooded with magical armor/weps and rares no longer taking the place of normal house deco.
BoD items would again have value.
PvM players would once again have a reason to go hunting, and the items they find would be wanted
PvP/PK players would again find people to hunt,kill, and battle as players replace their items to play.

If the only thing you do you do is stand at the bank and show off your items, then either you have done it all and are bored with the game, or you dont really play uo.
If you do other things, then the pixel crack shouldn't really matter. Get your enjoyment other ways and be happy to have something to play for again.

PooSlap

Wanderer

Valvorius Fess said:
It depends on which Opidian you are. +
Other Ophidians?
I am all of them.

Most of them have hispanic last names. All of them are red. To this date I only have 1 blue character. Its my crafter. Shes loaded to 120 smith/tailor and like 4 other GM'd crafting skills.

Ya and after the wipe, how many people will say, hmmm, I wonder what it is like to start on another server, and that WILL happen.

PooSlap

Wanderer

Countessa said:
I'm not poor. I have items, gold and housing. I have invested time into playing. I agree with a wipe.

Trammies have been getting the worst of it in these discussions but everyone is guilty of hording to some extent. Trammies have pretty, deco items. PvPers and Pkers have stacks of regs in bags, weapons, armor and other loot thrown in chests from kills(that is never cleaned out until they run out of room). Crafters have their supplies and tools. Merchants have their stock and wares.

If Ryan wiped
Merchants would only benefit. Everyone would need to restock.
Crafters would once again have value with the slower skill gain, no shard flooded with magical armor/weps and rares no longer taking the place of normal house deco.
BoD items would again have value.
PvM players would once again have a reason to go hunting, and the items they find would be wanted
PvP/PK players would again find people to hunt,kill, and battle as players replace their items to play.

If the only thing you do you do is stand at the bank and show off your items, then either you have done it all and are bored with the game, or you dont really play uo.
If you do other things, then the pixel crack shouldn't really matter. Get your enjoyment other ways and be happy to have something to play for again.

Countessa. Marry me. I already use your rune library.

You're loaded. I know you have money. Yet you still agree. Im glad someone with 1/2 a brain joined this discussion.

Ophidian