UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Lack of Activity on This Shard: The True Solution

Lack of Activity on This Shard: The True Solution

One year ago you couldn't go to the Brit GY or Buc's without finding some kind of PvP. Now it has turned into one of two things: You can either go out and find a huge zerg of Minax or EQ/MS, or nothing at all.

Some people claim that this is normal and that PvP activity goes up and down like a wave function. I don't think this is true. The only significant activity that I have seen in the factions or PvP scene for that matter has been either of these two groups; there have been few newcomers or guilds to the faction scene in the last several months.

There is one trend I noticed, however. The majority of people who complain about the lack of activity on this shard contribute majorly to just that. People have attempted to make PvP "leagues," but this is not the way we should go about addressing this issue.

I hate to say it, but this is a callout thread, yet it is still nothing personal. Minax, this thread goes primarily out to you guys:

Aurora Black, Check 6, Immortal, Epidemic and other faction guilds whom at one time used to be at bitter war with eachother seem to have consolidated into one big orgy, your ordinary high school "clique," if you will. Yet even with these numbers, most of what I seem to see all of you do is 2v2 in the pits all day.

The true solution to this problem is that there is none. Quit trying to make one; get up, reg up, and go and field even if you have less than 8 people on. We do it all the time.

Let's make this shard fun again with all that tension and pride between guilds that once was instead of a bunch of jackasses who are afraid to drop an ebolt on eachother in fear of getting a slap on the wrist.

UO isn't meant to be a lifestyle (you people know who I'm talking about). Drop your little comfort cliques and let's go out there and start some shit. Come on!

Re: Lack of Activity on This Shard: The True Solution

Fail. The shards boring because it reflects the players that play it. Try something different, get mocked by all the cool kids. Step outside G-zone, get ganked by a crew of 6+ who is just as bored as you, willing to kill for the sake of being entertained for 5 seconds. But I'm glad it ended this way, it has made my decision all the more easier.

Blake12345

Sorceror

slugomosphere;1785927 said:
good people tend to play with good people

I agree with a lot of what Jones is saying. What you've said is true as well, but not like what Minax has been doing the past couple months.

At some point you'd think people would get tired of simply not fielding at all, people don't have a reason to log in because they know their going to zerg or be zerged.

godofsoap

Wanderer

Some of us have just figured out that the PvP style on this shard is gayer than aids. Offscreening takes no talent what so ever. So let all the people who play like lamers play each other all day long and let them circle jerk thinking they are hot shit. Let those 20 man zerg groups run around looking for one person to kill. Meanwhile we'll not be playing.

Stides40oz

Knight

Funny you complain about big zergs when youre rolling in one right now.

Stides;1786001 said:
Funny you complain about big zergs when youre rolling in one right now.

You have plenty of friends. Go find them. At least we're fielding and not sitting in the pits 3v3ing all day...

Liasa

Wanderer

Damn to bad you guys are all bad and cant PVP like i can...

Stides40oz

Knight

Doctor Jones;1786003 said:
You have plenty of friends. Go find them. At least we're fielding and not sitting in the pits 3v3ing all day...

Yea its cool, too bad u play with little nerds that lure mounts so it takes 10 years to get back in the fight

Sprint-

Wanderer

Stides;1786043 said:
Yea its cool, too bad u play with little nerds that lure mounts so it takes 10 years to get back in the fight

Oh, hypocrite much?

slugomosphere;1785927 said:
good people tend to play with good people

that really doesn't mean anything because bad players tend to hang onto the good ones, as well

Lafable;1785967 said:
Some of us have just figured out that the PvP style on this shard is gayer than aids. Offscreening takes no talent what so ever. So let all the people who play like lamers play each other all day long and let them circle jerk thinking they are hot shit. Let those 20 man zerg groups run around looking for one person to kill. Meanwhile we'll not be playing.

why do u talk about ppl off screening in every thread u post in. ur guild did nothing but off screen. even 2v2's.

Stides;1786043 said:

dont u play with luigi and trojan?

u have to spam bola's to lure mounts. so ppl can be mountless so u can actually get a kill. notice from the fights today?

Brookly

Sorceror

Stides;1786043 said:

You have got to be joking me... Really? This coming from you? HA!

peteliv

Knight

Rikomi-hybrid;1785928 said:
Fail. The shards boring because it reflects the players that play it. Try something different, get mocked by all the cool kids. Step outside G-zone, get ganked by a crew of 6+ who is just as bored as you, willing to kill for the sake of being entertained for 5 seconds. But I'm glad it ended this way, it has made my decision all the more easier.

quote for truth

but it's still free
and better than any other server