UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

krrios

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
Wow. I've never been so scared in my life.

A war vet means exactly what? Ive fought "vets" before, and Ive won and lost some, but the real question is here: why is a forum getting you into a real fight mode? I mean cmon now, I know there is no way you are a vet, cause you would have more sense than to say "come meet me irl" over a fucking message board.

You are a forum vet maybe, but I sincerely doubt you've ever killed anyone. People who have had the chance to kill someone in a combat situation are usually the most laid back and respectful people you ever meet. And I know because a friend of mine was SF in Vietnam - hes the nicest old man you'd ever meet, and hes killed easily 50+ Vietnamese troops.

My thoughts: Get a life sir.

Khrono

Wanderer
all of you...here how do you guys here like to put it....oh, thats right, why don't all of you get your nuts bitten off IRL, or your tits in your case chica, kekeke!!11!1one1!

zarag

Wanderer
Mike said:
Wow. I've never been so scared in my life.

A war vet means exactly what? Ive fought "vets" before, and Ive won and lost some, but the real question is here: why is a forum getting you into a real fight mode? I mean cmon now, I know there is no way you are a vet, cause you would have more sense than to say "come meet me irl" over a fucking message board.

You are a forum vet maybe, but I sincerely doubt you've ever killed anyone. People who have had the chance to kill someone in a combat situation are usually the most laid back and respectful people you ever meet. And I know because a friend of mine was SF in Vietnam - hes the nicest old man you'd ever meet, and hes killed easily 50+ Vietnamese troops.

My thoughts: Get a life sir.

You may be right in this case, that he's full of shit, but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I am a vet too, desert storm. That's all I will say, but your generalizations about what people are like who have killed in war are asinine and naive, to say the least.

This guy is a little high strung and freaked out over a silly little game, imo, but I don't fuck with what people say when they say they are war vets, because that's just not something you should ever fuck with. But if you haven't been there then it means nothing to you, so flame away.

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
zarag said:
You may be right in this case, that he's full of shit, but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I am a vet too, desert storm. That's all I will say, but your generalizations about what people are like who have killed in war are asinine and naive, to say the least.

This guy is a little high strung and freaked out over a silly little game, imo, but I don't fuck with what people say when they say they are war vets, because that's just not something you should ever fuck with. But if you haven't been there then it means nothing to you, so flame away.

What was this for exactly? How is my argument asinine? I know a few Marine recon from Panama, Desert Storm, and Op: Iraqi Freedom. I've known guys who have been shot in battle, shot back in battle, and a few that have killed. Do I know first hand what they experienced? No. But we've talked about it over beers.

We also talked about Louis' experience with a Vietnamese hooker and certain sexual acts through an electric fence.

Why is being a vet, and having seen combat something to not fuck with? I was in a fight yesterday and you shouldnt mess with me. Everyone is human, I dont care how "bad" you think you are from being in a war environment, there is always someone either more crazy, or stronger, or with more will than you.

I am of the opinion I will "fuck with" whoever I want whenever I want. Whether it be through the use of the internet or in person. Why? Because I dont give a flying fuck about anyone or anything. Why should I? Because some mysterious guy says for me to come to his house? Sorry bud, but if he's as hardcore as he thinks he is, he would have come to me.

This topic is retarded anyway, I was having fun with it, but now people have to get all serious.

Let me remind you guys of something you missed:

These forums are for ULTIMA ONLINE
These forums are relevent to a GAME
These forums are not for politics
These forums are not for acting like you are something you really arent

Everyone needs to realize half the shit said here is for a laugh. If people take me seriously, or take others "flaming" seriously, they really have no fucking self respect and no fucking life.

zarag

Wanderer
Mike said:
People who have had the chance to kill someone in a combat situation are usually the most laid back and respectful people you ever meet. And I know because a friend of mine was SF in Vietnam - hes the nicest old man you'd ever meet, and hes killed easily 50+ Vietnamese troops.

So your inane generalization above from one person you know is good enough for the rest of the war vets?

Mike said:
Why is being a vet, and having seen combat something to not fuck with?

Um, because you don't know what the fuck you are talking about maybe? If you do, then please qualify with something a little more substantial than "I know some people..." or "my cousin's ex-wife's brother-in-law knew this one guy..."

Mike said:
I am of the opinion I will "fuck with" whoever I want whenever I want. Whether it be through the use of the internet or in person.

Good luck, there are some crazy people out there, and somehow I don't think you are one of them, despite what you may tell yourself in the mirror every morning.

Mike said:
This topic is retarded anyway, I was having fun with it, but now people have to get all serious.

I couldn't agree more, you started it, and I responded. If you don't like being bitch slapped in a forum then don't talk about shit you have no clue about, plz.

Gremio

Sorceror
If people take me seriously, or take others "flaming" seriously, they really have no fucking self respect and no fucking life.
Wow, so I shouldn't read anything you say.

Gotchya.

Uncle Fu

Wanderer
OMG this topic should have been closed a looong time ago. Look its just gotten out of hand. I did pick up a new insult however....turd goblin!

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
zarag said:
So your inane generalization above from one person you know is good enough for the rest of the war vets?

Um, because you don't know what the fuck you are talking about maybe? If you do, then please qualify with something a little more substantial than "I know some people..." or "my cousin's ex-wife's brother-in-law knew this one guy..."

Good luck, there are some crazy people out there, and somehow I don't think you are one of them, despite what you may tell yourself in the mirror every morning.

I couldn't agree more, you started it, and I responded. If you don't like being bitch slapped in a forum then don't talk about shit you have no clue about, plz.

Ok smart ass. Now are you ready to feel really stupid?

1) My whole family are veterans.
2) My close family friend is in Baghdad and I saw him about 2 months ago on leave

Ok, theres 2 that you could possibly argue with me on. But here's where you get owned once again:

I worked in the VA Hospital for 3 1/2 years. Ive dealt extensively with every possible personality from post war vets, mainly Desert Storm and Vietnam.

Ive seen the craziest of the crazy, Ive actually had to man handle the craziest of them.

I could sit here and talk about what "qualifies" me as thinking Im crazy, and you could ask a lot of people that know me, but I really feel we dont need to talk about that shit on the forums at this time. I dont need to tell myself Im crazy, I know I am. I've put people in the hospital, Ive been put in the hospital. Ive been arrested at gunpoint (twice - once on a military base), Ive broken a guy's windpipe, Ive been in jail, etc.

So shall we continue, or are you done yet?

zarag

Wanderer
Mike said:
Ok smart ass. Now are you ready to feel really stupid?

1) My whole family are veterans.
2) My close family friend is in Baghdad and I saw him about 2 months ago on leave

Ok, theres 2 that you could possibly argue with me on. But here's where you get owned once again:

I worked in the VA Hospital for 3 1/2 years. Ive dealt extensively with every possible personality from post war vets, mainly Desert Storm and Vietnam.

Ive seen the craziest of the crazy, Ive actually had to man handle the craziest of them.

I could sit here and talk about what "qualifies" me as thinking Im crazy, and you could ask a lot of people that know me, but I really feel we dont need to talk about that shit on the forums at this time. I dont need to tell myself Im crazy, I know I am. I've put people in the hospital, Ive been put in the hospital. Ive been arrested at gunpoint (twice - once on a military base), Ive broken a guy's windpipe, Ive been in jail, etc.

So shall we continue, or are you done yet?

ROFL, Pwned by the same flame you supposedly are immune to ("but I'm CRAAAAAZY on da' forums, an' I don' give a shit what anyone says, an' it's all in fun, so why should anyone take it seriously?"). U should have STFU while you were marginally ahead. For someone who supposedly spend time in a VA hospital (are you one of those paper-pushing bureaucrats who makes sure the worst treatment possible is doled out to veterans like me, by any chance?), you don't seem to have much sensitivity to it. Maybe you should go do some time in the military yourself then, instead of claiming "knowledge through vicarious osmosis" by just hanging out with vets to learn their war stories, lol.

This is my last post... it's become lame to bother responding.

fonis

Knight
zarag, did you enlist because you were a poor, ignorant son of a bitch and then get dishonorably discharged for shitting your pants and running back to base when fighting started?

zarag

Wanderer
fonis said:
zarag, did you enlist because you were a poor, ignorant son of a bitch and then get dishonorably discharged for shitting your pants and running back to base when fighting started?

LOL, sorry last one for sure this time, scouts honor, but I had to at least say, u sound like a cartoon... I had to actually laugh out loud on this one. "run back to base....." "Olly olly oxen free, I'm on base now." crackin' me up, boy.

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
zarag said:
ROFL, Pwned by the same flame you supposedly are immune to ("but I'm CRAAAAAZY on da' forums, an' I don' give a shit what anyone says, an' it's all in fun, so why should anyone take it seriously?"). U should have STFU while you were marginally ahead. For someone who supposedly spend time in a VA hospital (are you one of those paper-pushing bureaucrats who makes sure the worst treatment possible is doled out to veterans like me, by any chance?), you don't seem to have much sensitivity to it. Maybe you should go do some time in the military yourself then, instead of claiming "knowledge through vicarious osmosis" by just hanging out with vets to learn their war stories, lol.

This is my last post... it's become lame to bother responding.

What the hell are you talking about? Am I trying to act tough over these forums? No. Im clearing up thoughts you are expressing towards me. Did I say "come to my house bitch, Ill fight you irl!"? No. I stated why I "believe" I am crazy, and a little bit of stupid. You asked. Do not ask someone something unless you are ready to hear their view. Could I be wrong about myself, and really just be a pussy? Sure, why not. But thats beside the point. YOU assumed about me, I told you a little about a past to kind of give you a bit more info before making snap judgements about someone you have no idea about.

I do not feel a need to express how tough or untough I am via a web browser.

As for the VA - I was a programmer for the Intranet website, and the database administrator for CPRS (Computerized Patient Records System) over both St Louis divisions. I also did general tech support. Now, your next argument will most likely be: dude you are a computer tech, how the hell do you know about their personalities....simple. When you are a tech, working on a PC for 2+ hours in the psych ward, and the general wards for that matter, you see, hear, and deal with a lot of shit. Ive watched nurses being choked out by patients, Ive tackled a patient attacking a nurse, Ive helped the veterans with their VA experience - examples: walked them to their room, helped them when they have fallen, and generally communicated with them on a daily basis for 3 1/2 years.

As for me serving in the military: I can't. Believe me I tried, was very close to ship date (Aug of this year was scheduled). I was doing Air Force Intel. Took my ASVABS (scored 92), took my DLABS (scored in the 84th percentile), and had done the physical, paperwork, etc.

The reason I cannot: Inability to receive waivers for criminal background. Assault, deliquency, failure to appear, and resisting arrest charges stemming back to multiple incidents all the way back to age 14 made that route impossible for me.

So, as much as I would love to be serving my country, I am unable to do so.

Oh and by the way, you asked what experience I have (because I was not "there") with wars and veterans. I have seen what they go through on a day to day basis when working at a *gasp* VETERANS hospital. I witnessed how crazy some can be, but on an OVERALL level, most I spoke with were VERY gentle, calm, and normal people. So again, you have no argument....ready to make up some more shit ?

Archioli

Wanderer
I've learned a lot just listening to you two argue ^.^

In all seriousness; just drop it, zarag... I don't mean any disrespect, but you're just talking and making a huge deal out of nothing.

chill out bros! it's all good!

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
Good point Archioli. Id like to point out none of this was heated for me, although his lack of arguing ability was getting kind of irritating.

Ill end it with this, in response to your "are you one of those paper-pushing bureaucrats who makes sure the worst treatment possible is doled out to veterans like me, by any chance?" comment.

I received a $3000 cash award from the Director of the hospital 5 months before I ended up quitting the job. The reward was for going above and beyond my listed duties and attempting to revolutionize everything I could. I had so many ideas I discussed in meetings with the IT Management, and Ive come to learn they are afraid of change. When my ideas and my attempts to change the slow process they had (they were using mainframe technology, making long waits for meds, beds, and general service to the vets) were all shot down, I decided I couldnt sit around and do half ass work when I would deal with those people daily. Its about an issue of respect with me. I felt since we were there, we might as well do as much as we can with the things we have, rather than sit on our asses like all the other govt employees working there...which none of my peers wanted to do.

So to your question - no Im not a paper pushing bureaucrat who makes life hard on the veterans. I actually poured my heart and soul into that job and was sad to see my efforts wasted.