UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Kingdom Reborn.

Re: Kingdom Reborn.

This indeed looks good; glad to see that they're actually bothering to go beyond a nearest-point (unfiltered) texturing method, which frankly, looks like crap at any resolution beyond 320x200. (good 'ol VGA!)

Psz, are you sure that they're using bump-mapping, and not normal-mapping? bump-maps are one of the biggest mistakes I've ever seen...

As for the perspective, I can only hope that they replace EVERYTHING with models, so that it will all look great at any zoom. And although it might perhaps be a bit to ask, I wish we could actually rotate the camera. (which would require replacing everything with models)

At any rate, good to see the graphics FINALLY getting a decent upgrade; I might actually switch to the 3D client with this, now that the graphics look very comparable to, say, NeverWinter Nights. Yes, that means we're going to 2002-era graphics, but vastly better than UO3D, which is, er, only better in quality than Ultima UnderWorld. (circa 1991 :eek:)
Chap said:
"We are committed to maintaining extremely low system specs. They will be higher than what UO launched with in 1997, but will still be far lower than almost any other MMORPG on the market."

Unless you guys have really crappy computers like this;

You shouldn't be lagging unless you have spyware, of course. :)
Not necessarily; I've found that most machines actually will get some lag in Luna, and those using sub-gigahertz machines (yes, they DO exist) may also have some problems... Though in the most part, it's a matter of the data load being sent to/from the server. Especially in Luna, where there are literally THOUSANDS of items needing to be sent; It's often 10+ seconds before I can get details on any item I find in there.

psz

Administrator

It may be normal mapping, not bump. Just basing it off the shadows.

Iris Dev Team seems to think it's a 2D overhaul. They also have a complete page showing how the SCALE OF THE MAP is different, not just the models.

* ok i bet im not the only one who lost a load when i first saw them pics *

if this upgrade comes out

since this server is an osi clone

would the powers that be, consider implementing this on UOdemise,

or is it way way to early to even consider wether that is gonna be possible?

Guessing here Ducy

But the data stream would suit both clients, if all they do is a graphics converson.

I would guess that the old client will still run ok along with the new as the data up and down will not be changing on the server.

Guys?

i hope we can use it on this server, i would prefer not to reactivate my ea account, but curiosity would get the better of me, and i prolly would eventually

uodanzig

Sorceror

Alright! OSI ditched the 1998 graphics for 2001 Diablo style graphics LOL.
sorry bout the sarcasm but ITS ABOUT TIME!. I play a few diff mmorpg's but i do still love UO, not the best but its somewhat of a classic now. im just glad to see OSI doing something for their players, other than fuxxing up the economy by releasing Ann. editions which is just a way to sell in game items for real cash without appearing to be hypocritical.
Anyways i look forward to it, seems to be first expansion in a while to offer something worth paying for.

YellowBelly

Wanderer

Sadly this new client will have items associated with it to sell copies (you know it will) as well as the new race. I would be interested in this client if it will be universally usable (ie on demise) which looks entirely possible.

psz

Administrator

To "Sell Copies"?

When was the last time EA *SOLD* a UO Client? :-P

pbguy434

Knight

Why wouldn't one be able to use it on Demise, yellow? As far as I can tell, its just a new client, so its just like connecting with PlayUO/Razor/2d/3d. And new races make me not want to play UO more.

ICE-wom

Wanderer

YellowBelly said:
Sadly this new client will have items associated with it to sell copies (you know it will) as well as the new race. I would be interested in this client if it will be universally usable (ie on demise) which looks entirely possible.

The DWARF race... think migets!! in UO. =D

Cjdawg1069

Wanderer

ICE-wom said:
The DWARF race... think migets!! in UO. =D

For some reason that seems enthrawling. If worst comes to worst, you can always pick on whoever is a dwarf and call them small.