UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

KB Contest Submissons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big mama

Wanderer
Re: KB Contest Submissons

Forums

Q. I want to sell a house on the forums but I dont know how to put a picture on the ad. What do I do?

A. You need to go to your razor and take a screen shot tab and click take a screen shot. You will notice the name of the character followed by numbers and then says jpg. After this you can go to this web site.

http://www.imageshack.us/

At this site you will open up the file in your pc under razor screen shots and download the picture you want and then copy and paste it to the ad in the forums.

Kelba

Wanderer

Q: What is each factions story?
A: For those of you who roleplay or wish to know each factions story, here is the excerpt from the official Ultima Online website:

"When Minax took over Lord British’s realm, she started a rift, both among her followers, and among the followers of Lord British. Both sides split into two different groups, with different ideals, and war ensued among all 4 sides.

The rebellion began in Moonglow, where the council of Mages decided that Lord British was no longer fit to rule Britannia. He’d not only failed to protect his lands from the invading hordes, but many of his own people had abandoned him and fled to the side of darkness, taking post with one of the factions of evil.

British’s loyal followers tried to crush the rumors quickly that Moonglow was planning on seceding from the throne’s grasp, but this only furthered their cause, making those who died or were jailed martyrs for the cause of the mages. The Council of Mages now believes that what Britannia needs is a new leader: one who can not only lead Britannia against Minax, but who can also keep peace once it’s restored. To this end, they have begun preparations to do something drastic.

Though they’ve never had to do this themselves, they are the keepers of the arcane knowledge, and they have prepared many notes and items which they will need in their quest. They oppose Minax, and Lord British, and as such, are not safe from danger in either company.

Meanwhile, Minax has something of a rebellion herself occurring. Strangely enough, from within her own rank and file, there are those who are calling for the Shadow Lords to be released from the Abyss to take their rightful place as the rulers of the dark land. While her minions are grateful to Minax for allowing them the opportunity to strike terror at Lord British, they feel she is only useful as a magical tool, and is not powerful enough to lead them against Lord British for an extended period of time. To this end they have begun preparations to do something drastic of their own; call for the Shadow Lords.

Her minions are now split amongst those who would follow her, and those who wish to see her dethroned. Infighting is the only thing thus far that is keeping Minax from working out a way to breach the virtue spell that protects Lord British and his followers."

Kelba

Wanderer

Q: How do I use a wand?
A: First, you should identify the wand with either a Wand of Identify or using the Item Identification skill. Equip the wand like you would any other weapon, and double click it and click on your target to use it. Currently the most valuable wands are greater heal wands and lightning wands.

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. I am trying to chase a player that is constantly hiding how do I not lose him all the time?

A. You can use the skill tracking. The Tracking skill is used to track other players and NPCs over longer distances that what you can see on your screen, this includes players who are hidden. When you use the skill you will get a window showing all the targets in the area that you can successfully track and when you choose one a small arrow apears on your screen, pointing in the general direction your target is in.

Kelba

Wanderer

Q: Is it possible to view how old my specific character is?
A: While it is possible to view how old your account is, it is not possible to view how old a specific character is.

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. I have read you can get gold just by begging people. Is this true?

A. Yes there is a profession called begging. Here are some of the responses you will get when you beg at a npc that you come across. Although you can do this to game players your chance of them giving you money is slim. But, the npcs if they have it and your karma is up you will receive gold from them.

Thou dost not look trustworthy... no gold for thee today! This NPC has no backpack, so it will never give a you any gold.I feel sorry for thee... here have a gold coin Begging succeededThey seem unwilling to give you any money Begging failedYou are too far away...Stand closer to the NPC and try againYou couldn't beg from it anywayYes you can; Stand closer to the NPC and try againI feel sorry for thee... Thou dost not look trustworthy... no gold for thee today! The response you get from a Town Cryer. You cannot beg from those.

Big mama

Wanderer

Dungeons

Q. What is a serpentine dragon?

A. This is a large dragon that is related to ancient wryms and causes large amount of damage to you and your pets. They have the ability to turn your pets against you when you are fighting them so be watchful. This dragon was at the entrance of one of the new dungeons and that is now on hold and unable to get to. You can find one of them at Imbus Titan valley until this land is closed

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. What is a puzzle box?

A. A puzzle box is a box you can find in the dungeon Khaldun. when you find one of these boxes you have to break the code to retrieve the loot. Beware that with each miss you will be givin a large penalty in the means of damage. So beware.

Big mama

Wanderer

Plants

Q. I have been growing plants and fertilized them. Now when I get the seeds off the plants I get this funny color Black and I get white ones. what are they?

A. These are mutated seeds which will only grow that color of plant they do not produce any pollin or seeds and considered rares.

Big mama

Wanderer

Items

Q. I shop around and see on vendors small boxes that say picnic baskets. I cant find them and dont know how to make them. What do I do?

A. These are not player made. These are loots off of ant lions that you can find in solen hive or in t2a desert

Tehdrinkstea

Sorceror

Skills and Stats : Bulk Order Deeds

Q: What blacksmithing small bulk order deeds are not used in large bulk order deeds?
A: All shield, all weapons, female plate, and non 'plate helm' plate head gear small bulk order deeds are not used in large bulk order deeds.

Big mama

Wanderer

game play

Q. I heard the term perma-grey, what does this mean?

A. It means you are a criminal and everyone sees you as a blue player. All thieve guild memebers are perma grey but they still appear blue to everyone else. In this condition they can be attacked freely without and problems.

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. Is there a way to be more effective at picking up things off the ground for cases such as houses falling or people dropping things on the ground so I dont have to stop and pick each thing up one at a time?

A. Yes, On your razor you can go to Agents and scroll down to scavanger and then click add item then take your curser and target the item you would like to pick up. This will give you a list of items that when your scavenger is activated will automaticly pick up off the ground without you stopping and manually doing it. You need to make sure this is activated to work after you add the item.

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. Where can I buy a taxidermy kit to make trophies?

A. You can buy them from a tanner.

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. I placed a vendor in a public house and it starts out with 1000 in gold held my account. How do I give him more money to pay for his services?

A. You take the gold and drop it on the vendor. He will take it and add it to Held in my account and draw wages from that amount until it is empty.

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. What happens when my vendor runs out of money in my account to pay for his wages?

A. He will take wages from the "money held for you" which is the moneys you have received from paying customers. When this is empty and there is no more funds he will disappear.

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. Im in a party with other players and I keep losing them off my screen. How can I see where they are?

A. When you are in a party with other players you can see there locations by opening up razor and clicking the general tab. Under this tab at the bottom of the screen you will see open UO Positions System. Click this. This will allow you to see your party memebers on a map marked with X's

Big mama

Wanderer

Game play

Q. When someone comes into my house and kills me, can i ban them after I die?

A. No you cant but if you are the owner of the house you can go into customizing mode and that will boot everyone out of the house until you leave that mode. This will not ban them but it will prevent them from looting you

Status
Not open for further replies.