UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Info on what staff can and cannot do

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
Info on what staff can and cannot do

Speaking of reputation, when you say GM Amnesia has given you account or forum names of people wide open in UO's chat 'newbie help' room and Amnesia later scans the logs, gets pissed off and says something will be done about hurting HIS reputation/name(nothing was done that I am seeing) you are not one to talk about having a reputation or helping others with theirs.

Guess what, there are exactly 3 people who can check the logs and/or account info. The admins. At this time, these are the admins:

ASayre8
Ryan
Me

And I can't even check it, since I no longer have the software on my new computer to remote connect to the server.
(Note: These are only the admins that actually have or had access to the remote desktop. Quantos, for example. did not)

So please, don't accuse staff of being able to do things they can't. ESPECIALLY when they physically have no way of doing it.

CNS, Seers, and GMs CANNOT IN ANY WAY check login info, logs, or code, unless they get an Admin to do it for them. Admins DO NOT read the account info, as there is no need. Code may have a bug, so admins DO read that. Logs are read for various reasons (though judging by 99% of posts regarding the logs, MOST people have no idea of what is or ISN'T in the logs. Example: We have NO way to check if Person A said something to Person B.)

Also, CNS, Seers, Admins, and GMs are not paging services, are not a method to check who's online, will not [kill people (especially considering most CAN'T), and are not in-game Forum Checkers. They also are not a taxi service, or item give-away machine. Please do not treat them as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.