UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Inflation of prices as of late.

sk8nomad

Sorceror
Just looking to start a discussion of the economy of Demise. I've noticed that many items have skyrocketed in prices specifically the AOF totem and Gladiators collar. When I started, the Aof and totem went for 14 million, and now they are around 20-25kk. And gladiator's collar was when i started here running for 18-22kk and now i've seen them sell for 28kk. What do u guys think the deal is? I think we are in dire need of a gold sink... Or maybe the prices are from people trying to buy low cost items and then sell them for insane amounts ?

Alvin1337

Sorceror
Just looking to start a discussion of the economy of Demise. I've noticed that many items have skyrocketed in prices specifically the AOF totem and Gladiators collar. When I started, the Aof and totem went for 14 million, and now they are around 20-25kk. And gladiator's collar was when i started here running for 18-22kk and now i've seen them sell for 28kk. What do u guys think the deal is? I think we are in dire need of a gold sink... Or maybe the prices are from people trying to buy low cost items and then sell them for insane amounts ?

I always seen GM made gold sinks as a reward for all the robots / exploit users collecting gold :( .
Apart from that, you do have a point... prices are annoying.

lukin69

Knight

I started stockpiling them, taking them out of the economy. Makes me happy to see this post, as now I am seeing the fruits of my labor. I've bought around 30-40 of each. Got tired of them being cheap. You're welcome, demise economy.

sk8nomad

Sorceror
I always seen GM made gold sinks as a reward for all the robots / exploit users collecting gold :( .
Apart from that, you do have a point... prices are annoying.
Well, if you maintain that thinking style, I think there will be no point in playing this game because the cheaters/scripters will always have the upper hand no matter what. I like to play this game because it is fun to try to beat them once in awhile personally. But a gold sink would benefit the shard as a whole, not just the cheaters, because gold will be worth more, and items wouldn't be so expensive as a result.

I started stockpiling them, taking them out of the economy. Makes me happy to see this post, as now I am seeing the fruits of my labor. I've bought around 30-40 of each. Got tired of them being cheap. You're welcome, demise economy.
Show me a pic please :)
You hording items doesn't take them out of the economy, you need to trash them for that to happen. Sure the items are not currently in circulation, but one day your house will fall and they will hit the market like a ton of bricks.

Xavier

Account Terminated

If we do manage to take a substantial percentage of the gold from the world, everyone benefits. Debating sinks isn't something I really feel like doing tho. But, you're implying that someone is using some exploit to farm gold? if that's the case, you need to page in-game every time you see it and send me or other admins a note about the exploit itself. Believe me, this is something we *will* do something about.

As for any unattended gold farming - page when you see it, we will deal with it, and we will take any thing they may have gained that way ..

Lucifall

Knight
If you study just the basics of economy, you will see that price rises and falls due to offer, demand and speculation. If you don't want to buy it at a high price, buy it when the offer is high.

I suggest if you don't want to pay the high prices for items you start farming them and get over it. Shit is not just going to be handed to you all of us had to work for the things we have whether it be gold or items. Sure it sucks but its just how it is.

mytilus

Sorceror
As others have already stated it is all a matter of supply vs demand. Years ago rbc were worth 20kk but after several tot events they are now 1.5kk at most. About a year ago I paid close to 40kk for a quiver of infinity... after 2 cub events they finally levelled out around 12kk. Many people came back from ban amnesty a while back (demand) and at the same time there is another group of folks who refuse to enter doom until gauntlet point system (supply). Certain other items like sash have held very steady at 12kk the whole time i have been here. A true inflation or hyper-inflation scenario as you are suggesting (often created when countries print large sums of money to cover costs rather than for replacing currency already in circulation) would create a linear based cost increase of ALL goods serverwide and that is not the case on demise.

economics 101

RickRoss

Wanderer
you his boyfriend or something?
Am sorry but did I say something to provoke you?
Are you that insecure ?
No I honestly dont even know him.

But please tell us why automaticly I have to be gay because I asked who you were.
I guess you ain't someone that important nor good.

And by seeing you replied to his post you must be in hz and thay says it all.

My dear fellow player of demise. Please don't try to troll me you ain't worth my time.

Celes

Sorceror
Am sorry but did I say something to provoke you?
Are you that insecure ?
No I honestly dont even know him.

But please tell us why automaticly I have to be gay because I asked who you were.
I guess you ain't someone that important nor good.

And by seeing you replied to his post you must be in hz and thay says it all.

My dear fellow player of demise. Please don't try to troll me you ain't worth my time.

?? when did I say you were gay? and since when was being gay a problem, anyway? Regardless, did hz recently steal a spawn from you or something? Because you seem really emotional about HZ players, lol.

i sense an immense amount of butthurt in this thread