UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

In what ways could Hybrid be revived?

TJay

Wanderer
In what ways could Hybrid be revived?
As far as what could us players do to help?
and, or...
What could the staff do to rebuild hybrid?

I'd like to start it off by saying (as far as the staff goes). What if they built a Guild information board upon log in (That can be turned on/off) for the smaller guilds to even the larger ones where everyone still gets on but at separate times and what not. Say the Guild Leader was able to post some information on it. Like this is what the guilds got going on on 5/25/2013 at 7PM eastern time. For more information on that contact me at aimusername. Also, Diddy contact me as soon as you can! or WHATEVER bla bla bla.... You get the point...

Or even beyond a News Bulletin for the guild... what about an in-game e-mail system?
Ok ok.. I understand these types of things deter away from the UO's originality...

But if we can keep people connected, wouldn't you think it would make even some groups of people more liable to get more active in the game?? Idk, I suppose that's my 2 cents... I understand the staff is busy on they're new server/shard. But why let hybrid fail?

and I apologize if this seems like a rant or complaint.. I suppose I did this to maybe get some attention from any Staff members who may care as much as I do.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 26
I've only recently discovered this free-shard. I didn't even know there was free-shards around. I quit playing after Trammel/Felucia split and never looked back.

When i log on there are about 400+ according to the message that is displayed as soon as you log in. How many were there during peak activity?

Greed (KBR)

Wanderer
I'll drop my education, and start smoking $35 quarters, so I can donate more.

Who's with me?!

Obviously you're joking but that being said, I don't think many people would seriously argue that Hybrid is "dying" because it isn't getting enough money from donations.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
if holy/faid/WKD/KBR all collectively just decided to leave hybrid right now there literally would be no pvp left.... i mean random blue on red pvp would remain but group pvp would be dead.we need more active guilds, we need moar! moar! :(

as for saving hybrid? its up to the owners and staff. they need to promote.

other "private" servers that were averaging under the 300 client mark 2 years ago are now pushing 800+ averages because they decided to make a push and promote and get exposure.

UO is old but its far from dead. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. hybrid can be saved. question is, do we, or do "they" wanna save it?

that's the million dollar question..

crikey

Sorceror
if holy/faid/WKD/KBR all collectively just decided to leave hybrid right now there literally would be no pvp left.... i mean random blue on red pvp would remain but group pvp would be dead.we need more active guilds, we need moar! moar! :(

as for saving hybrid? its up to the owners and staff. they need to promote.

other "private" servers that were averaging under the 300 client mark 2 years ago are now pushing 800+ averages because they decided to make a push and promote and get exposure.

UO is old but its far from dead. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. hybrid can be saved. question is, do we, or do "they" wanna save it?

that's the million dollar question..
I was expecting you in this thread o_o

crikey

Sorceror
Hand out a bunch of pure white clothing and stuff

population will spike to 1000

Just like when all the fallon was handed out around the server move time!

PvP:
  • Only play in groups of 3-4 in factions or otherwise.
  • You see a friend call for help because he is losing 1 v 1, let him die. Don't gank the guy winning. It's not his fault your friend isn't better.
  • Actively PvP. If you can never find any action and are part of a guild split your guild up and fight each other for fun. This will attract other people who will want to join in on the fun. Why do you have to fight enemies to have fun?
  • Stop being a pussy. If you know you are going to die, then don't run into a house or call in. Accept that you are going to die and LEARN from the reasons on why you did die. Don't attribute your death to anything but it being your fault. Too many people make excuses on why they died and why it wasn't their fault. Drop the Ego the most you can lose is regs or weapons and armor. Economy is shit, you can get gear easy.
  • Don't be a bitch and be a bola tamer. Don't use a bola unless it's 1 v 1 and the dude is running from you. Everyone is tired of the stupid asses running 5+ deep with mares doing a bola rotation.
  • IDOC's I know there are kids on here who would have some flashy or really rare shit and will bring 20 friends as meat shields to get pixels, don't. Just bring a crew of 3-4 dudes and have fun. I'd rather have fun with a group of people than have some fallon shroud. Just remember, idocs that drop with really rare or good items means that veterans are quitting which is never healthy.
I'm sure there are more in the PvP area, I just can't think of any at this time.
General:
  • Hold more player driven events. These promote pvp and fun! The only one actually holding events consistently is Folken or maybe once a year, Reign with a deco contest. Hold both PvE and PvP events. There is a reason people don't hold group PvP tournaments. It's because people are stupid and want to ruin the event with ganks. Quit being short sighted.
  • Vote or promote hybrid on other forums without being a douche bag and spamming.
  • Help new people or any player out. In the long run it will help out the shard. Also, no need to tell the forum how you helped a million people. You shouldn't be seeking their respect for doing something you should be doing regardless.
  • Don't Scam people. I know it's not against the rules and items are easy to come by, unless really rare. What you really are doing is potentially taking one more player permanently away from the shard for some stupid ass pixels. This tells all the players that you would rather have pixels than a healthy shard. You'll be labeled a douche bag and no one will want to play with you. This is a small community, changing your name won't mean squat. Than you will stop having fun and probably quit too.
Feel free to add more.

Don't Scam people. I know it's not against the rules and items are easy to come by, unless really rare. What you really are doing is potentially taking one more player permanently away from the shard for some stupid ass pixels. This tells all the players that you would rather have pixels than a healthy shard. You'll be labeled a douche bag and no one will want to play with you. This is a small community, changing your name won't mean squat. Than you will stop having fun and probably quit too. DID YOU MEAN ROBBIE?