UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I'm looking to buy a new comp...

hickman48

Knight
Re: I'm looking to buy a new comp...

like no joke dude i quit driving her to work quit feeding her quit letting her use the phone she cant sleep in the bed cuz i paid for all the shit litterly all she is allowed to do it sleep on the coutch i told her not to fuck with the comp the tv or the lab top and the bitch wont leave i even let her read these post

Mister Dank

Knight

Get a better job and pay the rent yourself, find a different roommate, or, as a last resort, sit down, stfu and admit you are owned. :<

jrhather

Wanderer

hickman48;348573 said:
like no joke dude i quit driving her to work quit feeding her quit letting her use the phone she cant sleep in the bed cuz i paid for all the shit litterly all she is allowed to do it sleep on the coutch i told her not to fuck with the comp the tv or the lab top and the bitch wont leave i even let her read these post
Annoying bitchfaced ex's are a pain to get rid of.

Seriously. Botulism.

An ex is nothing a good dose of severe food poisoning won't cure.

hickman48

Knight

Mister Dank;348583 said:
Get a better job and pay the rent yourself, find a different roommate, or, as a last resort, sit down, stfu and admit you are owned. :<
i can pay the rent on my own it just i don't pay the whole rent to the guy she pays her half every month and he cant kick her out b/c of that

hickman48

Knight

jrhather;348589 said:
Annoying bitchfaced ex's are a pain to get rid of.

Seriously. Botulism.

An ex is nothing a good dose of severe food poisoning won't cure.

and i cant be a douse irl

pbguy434

Knight

The correct move would have been to not post until Dingus get over here to think of something wittier than even I could imagine.

Douche, yea, that's an accusation.

It's an accusation and a correction. It's an accusation because you believed he spelled "douche" incorrectly, as opposed to "dose" or "douse", which means a thorough drenching.

Gangsta rap made me do it.

Xaman

Sorceror

Mine is:

Intel Core Quad Q6600 4x 2,4Ghz
Asus P5N-E SLI
4GB DDR2-667 Kingston
GeForce 8600GT (512mb)
500GB Sata-II Samsung

Paid something like 1,200$ dollars, without monitor.

*lives in Brazil*

Pure Pwnage

Wanderer

jrhather;348005 said:
"Fuck Dell/Gateway/MDG. I don't want anything to do with these corporate turds."

Alienware is damn pretty, but too pricey.

one thing look into who owns alienware :) ya might hate them also :p lol

if ya want a laptop your pretty much fucked lol has to be big corp built, PC though :) if you can't build one yourself have a friends do it. Much cheaper and so much better on the quality cause remember with any corporation it's we will sell out to our lowest bidder :) and also for the love of god don't get windows vista.........hell....nm if ya can't build a PC ya prob can't run linux box either : / scratch that idea lol

my setup just bought about 4 months ago cost almost 1200 so about the price your payin anyway :)
AMD a64 X2 6000+
Asus M2N32-SLI MB
4 gigs DDR2-800
Asus EN8600 256DDR3
main drive is a 74gig WD raptor
secondary/storage 500gig WD sata

a bit overkill for this game rofl but i do 3D studio/ photoshop work so usefull for that i need a better vid card though and upgrade form dual monitor to quad : / heh

jrhather

Wanderer

I'm thinking of getting a solid TB of harddrive space. Is this affordable?

What would the best all-round video card be?

I've got 10k songs on my comp currently. What should I be looking at to provide the BEST sound possible?

Dual monitor, is this too much trouble/too expensive?

Peripherals: Wireless mouse/keyboard or what? What are the pro's and cons? Whats best? Infra or Optical? I was thinking THIS for a mouse.

I'm not planing on switching from XP Media Center Pro yet.... but is SP2 necessary? I've heard a rumor that it uses a lot of resources unnecessarily...

What kind of memory should I be packin'? 4GB DDR2-667 Kingston seems to be the most talked about recently, but I barely understand what it is.

I'm looking to connect this with my old Dell p.o.s. what kind of hub works best for a gaming L.A.N.?

Please keep the answers in English...I speak conversational Geek, I'm not fluent!

By the way, I wanted to mention that you guys are fuckin' stellar.

pbguy434

Knight

1TB drives are around 400 dollars, I believe. Go for the nVidia 8800 GS, it is an INCREDIBLE deal - I think it is the GS, at least. Go wtih two monitors if you can afford it, but don't skimp out on each monitor just cause you want two. The mouse is amazing. Razer makes the best mice without a doubt, I've been using them for like 4-5 years or something like that. Some programs require SP2, but I don't know much else about this part. Four gigs should be more than enough.

There, I said it.

VenusTheGoat

Sorceror

[Rant mode: on]
I'd suggest you get a 750MB hard drive rather than getting a 1TB since you can actually save 100 bucks from that and the difference in storage is not that great. Even if you are downloading movies and/or games 24/7 the 750MB drive will last you for a while.

nVidia 8800 GTS is indeed a great choice both in price and performance.

When it comes to extreme sound I seriously have no idea. Nowadays, I always find the onboard mobo sound cards really good and combined with quality headphones you can have great quality sound and volume.

If you are going for a 4GB RAM bundle, (a thing I find necessary for a new PC at this time) go for ddr2-800 which is not that pricey but way better compared to the ddr2-677, then I would suggest you install Windows Vista 64bit version. Do not get discouraged from things they say about Windows Vista. In general I'm not a big Windows supporter but I'm telling you, with the right machine Windows Vista will rock your world :p I'm not just saying that, I have a quite good PC that I built myself (I paid for that 2500 CAD) and I used both XP and Vista. XP was REALLY slow compared to Vista. In the worst case scenario that you will have to use Windows XP do not forget to install the 64bit version since the 32bit will only recognize up to 2.75GB of your 4GB RAM.

The only thing I'm adamant about is buying a good motherboard. It is REALLY vital for a good performing PC. I would definitely go for a top of the line ASUS. Just make sure though it will support ddr2-800 ram modules (some of their last motherboards will only support ddr3)

When it comes to mouses and keyboards I hate spending a lot of money. Microsoft keyboards have to be the worst there are out there. A 5$ no-name keyboard most probably will prove to be better than the 80$ Microsoft one. They do make nice mouses though but the Razer you picked is really good, especially for gaming since it has great precision. Its always a matter of taste though. I personally don't like wired mouses. For great keyboards you can have a look at Logitech's inventory. The dinovo series are great but expensive and imho not worth paying for.

Hopefully that helps.

[/Rant mode: off]

Edit: Oh and something else. At the moment, Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 and E6750 CPUs are faster than the Quad-Core ones. Which means you can get the E6850 pay less than the cheapest Quad-Core and still have a faster PC.

jrhather

Wanderer

Peebles my dear...you just pwnd the Geek in me. 'Grats.
Venus....thanks for the rant.

looked up the nvidia, came up with a list:
GeForce 8800 Ultra, GeForce 8800 GTX, GeForce 8800 GTS, and GeForce 8800 GT
I think you mean the GTS?? Here're the specs...which would be best?
View attachment 5586

When it comes to monitors I'm liking the look of LG, but I was told to go with Samsung. I was thinking dual 22" widescreen HD monitors with a tv tuner card so I can use XP media center for recording tv shows. Can I use any monitor or do I have to get something special to dual?

I'm going to go with the Razer mouse. But what do ya'll think of their soundcard?
I'm looking forward to 7.1 gaming/movies

jrhather

Wanderer

So far I'm looking at:

KHX6400D2LLK2/4G (4GB 800MHz DDR2 Non-ECC Low-Latency CL4 (kit of 2))

ASUS "Maximus Formula" Motherboard

Razer Lachesis mouse/Razer Pad (this is an indulgence for me)

Seagate Internal 3.5 Inch Hard Drive Kit 750GB - SATA NCQ

Dual HPw2207
I chose this model because of the review it got. Click for the review.

Razer Lycosa Keyboard
Cosmetically it matches the others. Seems to be the best fit overall.

Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX-certified, 505-watt 5.1 digital S.S. speaker system
This is a must have!!

Anything I should add?

Either the Nvidia 8800GT, has to be the 8800GT, or the ATI 3870. Only two viable cards at the moment.

pbguy434

Knight

In all honesty, you should go grab the latest issue of PCGamer titles "Build the Perfect Gaming PC". It will give you a run down on everything in a way that anyone can understand. It also comes with a nice video of how to build it yourself and all that stuff.

On the speakers, look into if you want a PC speaker set, or actual speakers. I have two tower speakers running through a receiver into my computer and I couldn't be happier. Also look into Samsung monitors. Specifically, the 226BW or 226CW.

Edit: Yup, I didn't mean the GTS, just the GeForce 8800 GT. BFG makes wicked cards, so look into their version of it. And don't waste 130 bucks on a keyboard, seriously, that is retarded.

jrhather

Wanderer

Noted. I was thinking that myself....well, about the keyboard anyways. I checked their forums on their fansite...wasn't impressed with anything the 'board could do.

jrhather

Wanderer

Updated my list to include what I plan on getting.

Should there be anything to add?

Maybe a good pair of headphones if you are ever required to be quiet. I'm fairly loyal to Sennheiser in that department myself.