UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

i live by this.

april0395

Sorceror
Almost a mile of industry about a mile and a half from my house. It's certainly lovely to drive past in the morning! Hah

A photographer's attempt at making it look beautiful ..

When, on most days, it really looks something like this..

april0395

Sorceror
That city's cancer rate must be amazing too :(

According to a chart from 2002, the area's carcinogenic risk due to air pollution averaged 25 to 50 in a million. The industry has been in this location since before WWII. It's not good to have cancer causing air pollutants period, but you'll likely find higher numbers on the west coast of the US.

So no, not amazing. Now, for the people who actually WORK in or around the place that come in contact with chemicals, that's probably a completely different matter. :[

MB

Knight
Those plumes like like DHMO to me, one of the deadliest chemicals.

The causative link between DHMO and Cancer is currently not established, although a significant amount of evidence seems to suggest that DHMO at least plays a role in the formation of cancer, including:
  • Hodgkin's Lymphoma,
  • Ewing's Tumor,
  • chondrosarcoma,
  • fibrosarcoma,
  • multiple myeloma,
  • colorectal cancer,
  • Leukemia,
  • basal cell carcinoma,
  • squamous cell carcinoma, and
  • malignant melanoma.
DHMO is not believed to be carcinogenic, although it is known to be a component of a number of cancer-causing agents. Additionally, the cause of approximately 20 percent of all cancers is not known, and there is reason to suspect that DHMO may play some role in these as well. Clearly, more research is needed before DHMO's role is fully enumerated.

april0395

Sorceror
You should have highlighted the website's mention of where DHMO can be found. I found this more interesting than the above information:

It also says things like nuclear weapons and cult/religious rituals.