UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I can't make a macro on razor??

mexican

Squire
I can't make a macro on razor??

i downloaded the latest version of razor and it doesn't let me make a macro.....i click macro on the razor tab and try to name it and when i name it nothing happends does not let me record anything....i ahve windows vista and when i go to play it it says somthing is not installed and i click ignore and it still lets me play i can set hotkeys but no macros??

Can someone plz help me??

Aim: kylef 124

fonis

Knight
Re: I can't make a macro on razor??

did you click in the actual dialog box when you have to name the macro?

coffinsnail

Wanderer

might have to click it twice, i sometimes click it and type and nothing, so i reclick and my cursor shows up in there so i can type ...

jdredge

Wanderer

coffinsnail;1845336 said:
might have to click it twice, i sometimes click it and type and nothing, so i reclick and my cursor shows up in there so i can type ...

Yeah i think this happens to every1 cos i got the same annoying thing...end up typeing the damn name twice all the time lol.

mexican

Squire

i named my macro and nothing happens dosn't go to the screen to record a macro just when i name it nothing at all happends i know how to use razor i am just trying to help my friend

mexican

Squire

also when i open razor it says in "Profile Load Error" The selected profile could not be loaded, using default instead. So i click ok as my only chose.

Thats what it says when i open razor and it never saves the profile i named, could this have something to do with windows bista because i played it on my other pc with windows xp and worked fine.

Swayback

Sorceror

im sure this isnt ur problem but it my only thought ritenow. Have u registered ur accounts?

lb3stx

Sorceror

The problem is that your user doesnt have write permissions to the razor directory under program files. It's against microsoft's best practices (and has been since before windows 2000) for programs to write user data or dynamic data to the program files directory. Razor ignores this. Vista says hell to the no by default. XP does the same thing unless you are a dummy and your regular everyday user is a local administrator. Make sure you give yourself write permissions to the razor directory under program files and the problem goes away. Try right clicking the razor icon and run it as an administrator and if it works fine, then that's the issue.

pleytp

Wanderer

lb3stx;1846718 said:
The problem is that your user doesnt have write permissions to the razor directory under program files. It's against microsoft's best practices (and has been since before windows 2000) for programs to write user data or dynamic data to the program files directory. Razor ignores this. Vista says hell to the no by default. XP does the same thing unless you are a dummy and your regular everyday user is a local administrator. Make sure you give yourself write permissions to the razor directory under program files and the problem goes away. Try right clicking the razor icon and run it as an administrator and if it works fine, then that's the issue.

lol

Orgazmo

Knight

Make sure your giving full admin to the Razor Program....Its a possibility its not allowing Razor to create a new file in your Razor folder.

I'm on Win 7 but im pretty sure its somewhat the same....
You need to right click the Razor and access its Properties....
For Windows 7 all the next stuff is under a Compatability tab....Again might be different for Vista.
So next your gonna make sure Razor is checked to run under Administrator.

Also you may need to make sure these are checked(Possibly might not be for Vista):
Disable Visual Themes
Disable Desktop Composition
Run this Program under Windows XP Service Pack 3 Compatibility Mode

Now those bottom three aren't specifically to help you with razor Macros, but I need to have those 3 checked in order to show my resource counters on the top of my UO title bar and to keep me from continually client crashing....