UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid website contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tor

Wanderer
Hybrid website contest!

UOGamers: Hybrid - Website Design Contest

Hybrid is interested in a new website design!
This contest will last till the end of February, and is open to all persons.

To submit a website design, you may simply email entries to tor AT uogamers.com in image format. Your subject will be "UOGamers Website Design Contest." Please make sure the image is large and clearly visible. If you are unable to take a decent screenshot of your design, you may make a .ZIP or .RAR archive of the design. Please do not draw a design only in an image. We encourage you to make your HTML design first, then take a screenshot incase said design gets into the top half choosen by the staff. Also be sure to include contact information, and your UOGamers account name along with forum username. Anything submitted not following said guidelines will be discarded.

The images then will be brought to attention of the staff, and decided on. We will choose a half of the total entries, and present them to the users on the forums. Users will then be allowed to vote on a closed topic, so no commentary will be allowed. The authors will not be released at this point.

The top 5 designs based on votes will be taken, and I will ask the authors to upload an HTML format for the website. If there is any animated portions of the website, this is the time where we will see them. If you cannot provide yourself with an place of upload, you may re-email me your HTML website in ZIP or RAR format and I will provide a place of upload.

The top 5 will be voted on by staff ONLY.
The public will have no choice in this vote.

We do not guarentee we will use any of these designs. There will only be a prize if we like the design, and end up using it on our website. All proper copyright notices will be visible, and credit will be given where due.

Again I will note, there are no guarentees we will use a design. We may stick with our vB portal, but you do have a chance if it is good enough :)

Thank you for your time and your submissions.

Good luck to all!

Tor

Wanderer
Looks, definatly.
Right now we are looking for page designs. Not every single page we use.
We may request later, if we choose your design, to have it expanded into a few more content pages with different outlines. We will most likely convert the plain HTML into a php format, we aren't sure yet. We are going to have to find a design before making choices on functions.

Soo
Single page design is fine at the moment. Making an image format of it would have to be only one page. If we choose your design, we will elaborate on what we want for the staff to decide. So make it look nice, don't get so hung up on how it will all go together, just have an idea of how you will do it :p

So you just want an image? You will be able to code it? Like what if we have animations on it? Separate function for like buttons etc...like animated buttons etc. Submit them all as a package?

Tor

Wanderer
We aren't doing any of the design coding.
I am saying make your HTML design, then take a screenshot of it. That way, I can just post screenshots of the images (in a large size, please) for the players to vote on them. The ones that win will be taken to staff, and your HTML design will be requested then.
Everything should be in the package at this time, given that we have chosen your design. Like buttons, etc.

TNA

Wanderer
hmm.. Existing content might be a good way to go also, i was wondering if once I am finished if i could mark some spots where coding on the UOgamers page could be placed? Tor?

blue_drac

Wanderer
Lynyrd said:
i think itd be pretty cool if it were a flash site.

I would instantly campaign against a flash site. They look nice, yes, but they are horribly slow for dial-up modem users. This site has to (in my opinion) maintain as much functionality for anyone and everyone concerned.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid!

Tor

Wanderer
Packetloss said:
Hmm, I dunno. It'll be a pain to integrate the design with vbulletin's system which powers the whole site.

No one said we were limiting it to using vbPortal..

Time is running out contestants!

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Tor said:
No one said we were limiting it to using vbPortal..

Time is running out contestants!

Ooo OOo wait!
So you just want our designs. Not content. Because i am just going to add blah blahs to text and im just using text instead of actuall links. So if your not confused, I am asking does it need to be functional at the time being?

Status
Not open for further replies.