UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid - Suggestion's

toronto_matt

Sorceror
See my signature? VOTE for Hybrid! When I type "ultima online free shard" that Ultima Online Top 200 is the first thing that comes up. If we can get up high on that people will be flooding in. Copy the URL or URL/Image to your signature!

URL: http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454

Clickable Link:
Code:
[url]http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454[/url]

Clickable Image:
Code:
[URL='http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454'][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/14llezd.png[/IMG][/URL]

Clickable Image & Text:
Code:
[URL='http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454'][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/14llezd.png[/IMG][/URL] [COLOR=#808080][SIZE=1]vote.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

YES!

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Just because I am new to staff does not mean I am not a veteran player. You can apply that to the other staff here.

Norah, I am sorry… what I said came out totally wrong. It was nearly 1AM my time and I was just really frustrated with Hybrid in general. I was not trying to take a cheap shot at staff and that line was not specifically directed towards you. I know some junior staff who joined staff in recent years is not legit new players. These people could have been playing hybrid all along not staffing, but for years prior.

Everyone who plays Hybrid still is not veteran players; a lot of veteran players did quit or went elsewhere. The players who have played hybrid during it’s “golden years” can see the difference with how it was back then with how it is now. These people can see the difference. However, the people who did not play Hybrid during it’s golden years wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. This is because they didn’t know how it was back then to compare it to how it is now.

Sorry tho for the miss understanding.

i actually used to be one of the people that would rage nonstop on the forums about the shard and all its problems then one day i decided to try and do something about it on my own. ya obviously i cannot make changes to code in game or the website or anything like that but other people on here can try and do some of the same things im trying to do if they want. if you care enough about this game and this server try and do something about it. its not hard. its basic promotion and advertising.

its 2013 right, what's a website that pretty much everyone on the planet earth is familiar with? probably youtube right. think about how many players played this game on OSI back in the late 90's, early 2000's, it was almost a quarter of a million people. imagine if only a small fraction of those people, even 1% one day suddenly felt nostalgic about ultima online one day, whats one of the 2 places they would probably turn to first. google & (or) youtube?

while server placement in google search results and rankings are no easy task to be near the top without exact search strings and let alone the websites join button working which currently is obviously completely and utterly inoperable lets just go with youtube for argument sake. search bar yes? someone is reminising about the good ole uo days, "hmm wonder if people still play", they search ultima online, what comes up?

if its not any "recent" videos from our server its other free servers promoting their shards or official EA/Mythic related content. if only more people would invest some time in making some videos, documenting what actually happens on this shard it would really go such a long way and get more eyeballs on our actual server.

some people keep thinking about all this with this 90's mentality, yes this game is from the 90's but the world we live in is not, and people think and consume and get exposed to things/games in much different ways now, if were not exposing ourselves to people on the correct (modern) mediums now, its a lost cause. yes top sites are great, ive long mentioned those, but honestly, its just a small fraction of what we need to be doing...

the in game product on hybrid is really not that bad tbh no matter what anyone says. other servers are plagued with bugs, problems, corruption, extended downtimes (when was the last time hybrid was down for more than say 1 hour?) VERY RARE.

ya changes can be made, ya changes would be nice but our main issue is getting people on the actual server. and yes obviously that website is a big issue that we don't have control over but we can try and get people here in different ways.

we obviously have alot of passionate people on here that care about the shard, while we all cannot and do not have the power to fix all of the issues ourselves we can certainly all collectively make a difference if people only try.

ya that was a bit of a novel but ive said my peace :D

Keep up the good work man. I seen recently you have been promoting Hybrid through twitter, even with offering 100k to people who follow you. When was the last time I seen someone promoting Hybrid via twitter with 100k handouts? I haven’t seen promotion of the shard to that extent in a long time.

There are a lot of ways that I know of that can promote this shard. As you mentioned, twitter is one of the ways I thought of that is a great idea. Everyone is using it in recent months and it can help to get the word out about Hybrid easily.

The issue is two-fold.

1- Certain aspects of the game play need to be changed where coding is needed. This would help to bring back people who “jumped ship” and went elsewhere.

2- There needs to be promoting of the shard to new people. It’s not that that easy for people who don’t know about hybrid to find it.

There is a lot more avenues that we could take to promote this shard. I don’t really want to leave this shard.. I’ve been on it for a really long time… but some things need to be addressed sooner rather than later.

I 100% agree. The in-game product of Hybrid is not bad at all. To be honest – I still think this game offers a product that most games that were created in recent years don’t.

I also 100% agree in regard to what you said about hybrids product. Look at OSI – they screwed up so bad that the COMPANY couldn’t fix or address the gold duping fast enough to the point that the economy is trashed there the last I heard. On Hybrid – its been a pretty stable economy since day 1 and also we are not plagued with bugs and down time.

Fearinhell

Sorceror
I just did my part. And thanks Norah for that link. Just simple things like that will help a ton. I haven't had much time myself to be on since spring hit but I hope to start playing again in the Fall and I want there to be people to play with!

Anenigma

Sorceror
From what I hear....I doubt SR Staff is any more interested in what Jr Staff has to say than what players have to say....don't worry all those lil bushy tailed bright eyed new staff will have reality beaten into em soon...or they will be replaced....or they won't...whatever. I'm too jaded about hybrid...been bullied by "staff" and seen too much abuse of power to really buy into the whole "Go Hybrid" cheer that a few new staff are making of late...

At this point seeing is believing...and I don't yet see anything to make me believe that any of these latest efforts will have any lasting impact...or that the efforts themselves will last.

I'm glad you are trying....but I feel sorry for you...you have a major uphill battle.

GM Francis

Ex Hybrid Taskmaster
My muff doesn't get ruffed ;)

You ever have a job where u have to smile, take ownership and apologize for a pile o' poop u didn't produce? Oh, AND do it the right way? Oenomaus does it nightly for me :D
Every staff member is a player that could list a dozen things they feel could be changed/implemented. We all do what we're able, when we're able, and that's the "reality" of the situation that is Hybrid.

Fides

Sorceror
We all do what we're able, when we're able, and that's the "reality" of the situation that is Hybrid.

We all do what we're able, when we're able, and that's the "reality" of the situation that is Hybrid.

o_O

I love this shard....I always have and always will...I have been playing here since 2003.......bud sadly.....I do not think all is proper to use in that context :(

Pat McGroin

Sorceror
Here is a suggestion. Either nerf nightmares or don't allow tamed pets to attack other players. Bola tamers are BEYOND OP. As soon as you attack one all they do is dismount and there mare basically red lines you in a matter of seconds, and if it doesn't kill you it just disrupts everything you cast not allowing you to do anything to the other player. This is something that needs to be fixed because it is ruining whats left of the PvP on this server.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
i noticed a comment above about senior staff vs junior staff. and was not sure the point trying to be made. its my understanding the trade fair is being put on by gm suzy. is she new or something?

tessas auction, not even a year old, and i do believe tessa has been around for a while as well. gm adam, a gm from way back in the day going out of his way to help me with a couple events i planned. the "new" staff have been great but some of the vet staff have been just as good. some of you guys are misdirecting your frustrations here i think, in game mechanics, coding, website, are all the domain of ryan or mark, those are just 2 individuals.

and some of these "new" staff have been on this server for like 8+ years, not exactly new. maybe new to the position but its not like when you suddenly become a gm you get let into some sorta secret society of new information and realities, we all know the realities we face, staff or not. most of us here are pretty with it and know what the deal is..

Silly Santa

Sorceror
From what I hear....I doubt SR Staff is any more interested in what Jr Staff has to say than what players have to say....don't worry all those lil bushy tailed bright eyed new staff will have reality beaten into em soon...or they will be replaced....or they won't...whatever. I'm too jaded about hybrid...been bullied by "staff" and seen too much abuse of power to really buy into the whole "Go Hybrid" cheer that a few new staff are making of late...

At this point seeing is believing...and I don't yet see anything to make me believe that any of these latest efforts will have any lasting impact...or that the efforts themselves will last.

I'm glad you are trying....but I feel sorry for you...you have a major uphill battle.

Hiii Jynx :D

That could be 100% true, or only partially true.. some Sr staff may not wait to hear what Jr staff has to say, let alone the players. But when push comes to shove - and most players leave and you can hear the crickets chirping in town, unless they don't care... they would have to listen to what Jr staff and the players have to say.

If you ask me, I think if enough players and Jr staff voiced their opinions loud and clear... we could get some much needed answers.

you've been bullied by staff? :< that's not cool

I do have a major uphill battle.. I just hope I don't get banned in the process ***IF*** I voiced all of my suggestions, opinions and ideas about everything .... as previously said tho by someone else, at this point - a few things cant be fixed and for this shards performance to be great again =/

i noticed a comment above about senior staff vs junior staff. and was not sure the point trying to be made. its my understanding the trade fair is being put on by gm suzy. is she new or something? quote]

Yes, I believe it's Suzy who is running it.

She is not new... she has been around for a while but does not actively Staff/GM.

Dexter420

Sorceror
Pay a coder and fix stuff like the other servers that are kicking your asses and stealing your players right now do ALL THE TIME and you might get players back. Every 6 months or so I get my hopes up for change when certain people show up and start talking about em, and it never comes, just empty promises and stupid flashy handouts to an already destroyed economy. I tried hard during my time to keep new players coming and help them out, I won't vote for Hybrid because I don't feel it deserves it right now.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Pay a coder and fix stuff like the other servers that are kicking your asses and stealing your players right now do ALL THE TIME and you might get players back. Every 6 months or so I get my hopes up for change when certain people show up and start talking about em, and it never comes, just empty promises and stupid flashy handouts to an already destroyed economy. I tried hard during my time to keep new players coming and help them out, I won't vote for Hybrid because I don't feel it deserves it right now.

I agree 100% with everything that you just said Dexter.

I used to love this shard.. but now I am just really discouraged from wanting to play here anymore and i have lost a lot of hope that i used to have for hybrid. I just hope that my reasonable ideas and sugesstions are taken into consideration, if i listed them all..before it's too late.

I thought about this a lot recently, and i came to a decision that i did not want to have to make. I have played this shard for a really long time and i decided that depending on how things go.. maybe it's time for me to take a break from actively playing hybrid.

Staff....... please close this thread. Thx.