UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid - Suggestion's

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I AM ONLY LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK FROM THE STAFF

I really hope this does not get insta-trammeled with no feedback. I have played Hybrid since 2005/2006. This was an awesome shard and the fact that the player count used to be over 1000 - 1500 daily proves it.

I have seen a lot of good changes that were made, some things that need to be changed asap, and seen a lot of players and staff come and go over the years.

I could name a lot of reasonable suggestions that would help to better this shard, however ... is Hybrid's staff open to new ideas and suggestions? A simple "no" or "yes" would suffice.

You can reply here, send me a PM, or find me in-game.. I may be afk for a bit in-game but ill check my journal.

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
You can PM me if you like. The forum rules state that we aren't really open to suggestions and the thread will be trammeled. Don't feel so bad, its just part of the rules. But contact me if you like. I can talk about what we can and can't do as immediate staff.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Ohh.. my bad man. I didn't know that was added into the rules =/

There actually used to be a suggestion forum.. but that prob got deleted at the same time that thing got added into the rules *nods head*

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
Ohh.. my bad man. I didn't know that was added into the rules =/

There actually used to be a suggestion forum.. but that prob got deleted once that was added into the rules *nods head*

Yah I think so. But either way hit me up. We are doing an event soon, so I won't be instant contact.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I cant say that was always a part of the forum rules tho since day 1 .. suggestions back in the day used to be welcomed on this board, players should be able to voice their thoughts and opinions .. I guess that went by the way side when that sub-section was taken down.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Staff - I ain't trying to be disrespectful here. But if I had to name the #1 thing that should be changed about this shard.. its that the staff should welcome the players thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

Having us "keep quiet" because what we think would be a great idea and be beneficial to the shard is not welcomed.. is the biggest problem I have ever seen.

This shard never used to be like this back in the day and there are tons of other shards right now that do not reprimand players by trammeling their threads and warning them when they suggest ideas and speak their thoughts and opinions.

Just remember... if it wasn't for us players, there would be no shard to staff.

farge

Sorceror
Junior staff members are pulling all the weight now with events etc but they can't address the issues that REALLY matter: lack of a join button on website, no presence on toplists, no advertising anywhere and thus no new players to replace the old ones that leave.

The shard owners have put off fixing these things for years and years and now the to-do list has gotten so huge that it's discouraging.

And they refuse to give someone with motivation the authority to take care of these things.

So they just trammel the threads instead and keep putting it off to later.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I know the Junior staff members don't have the "power" to fix everything that needs fixing ..some of them may not even know what hybrid was like in its golden years.. but if I was one of the junior staff members - I would be compiling a list of things that need to be addressed to the senior staff members .... unless if by the end of the day - it still wont make much of a difference.

Norah

Wanderer
There's only so much that can be done. A time will come when suggestions are asked for, but that is not right now, unfortunately. I am always willing to take event suggestions, but anything outside of that we can't do anything with. We play too, lest not forget that, we wanna continue playing for years down the road. Keep some hope, things are picking up around here, so participate in many events as possible and bring the fights to the fields and the nightmares to the dungeons!

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I know that staff have players that they play on, I know how much work is put into setting up events, I understand how all the time they spend on answering calls in the help queue is time that is donated, I also know that a lot of times the events that are set up - enough thanks is not always given to the staff who set them up and run them

Its just.... I see so much that could be changed, and if this stuff is changed, it could better the shard a lot. This is a great shard.... but seeing how much has changed with everything here and what goes on now.. I am really discouraged from playing here anymore.

I am not calling anyone out on this by the way. But I also feel as if the junior staff who came aboard within the last 2-3 years doesn't fully understand where a veteran player like myself is truly coming from.

To all the Junior staff - pls don't get the wrong idea of me tho... you all help out a lot and a lot of you are a great addition to the hybrid team.

farge

Sorceror
It's the interaction between players that keeps this game interesting, not 8-bit CTFs, and we're running out of players.

With much respect and appreciation Norah, I think staffers' time would be much better spent letting the world know Hybrid exists than running events for 15 people.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
I think staffers' time would be much better spent letting the world know Hybrid exists than running events for 15 people.

Its a problem... because from what I can see - all of the staff on this shard does not 100% approve of players promoting this shard. I have some awesome promoting ideas for this shard... but I wouldn't want to do them bc I don't want to get in trouble from any of the staff who don't approve of it

Also, why would any player be encouraged enough to promote the shard when most staff don't promote it =/

Remember the voting stone? It was a good idea... I still don't see why that idea was axed.

That's a great point you made by the way. Personally - I would rather see this shard 90% of the time with no GM's on running events - if it meant that their time was donated to trying to promote the shard.

Ohh and Norah - thank u for being very active lately and helping with setting up and running events :) This shard can use all of the active staff it can get <3

Paracelsus

Sorceror
I believe that the staff have done more than we can think of even many of their work done may not be easily observable.

I always respect the staff as they are willing to take the responsibility, willing to spend their time, willing to hear the complaint (even they may be filtered out and some complainer may be banned :p). Compared with some "people" (not willing to take responsibility, not willing to commit time, not willing to handle the trouble), what can I say?

One of the "people" I know is ME.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
i actually used to be one of the people that would rage nonstop on the forums about the shard and all its problems then one day i decided to try and do something about it on my own. ya obviously i cannot make changes to code in game or the website or anything like that but other people on here can try and do some of the same things im trying to do if they want. if you care enough about this game and this server try and do something about it. its not hard. its basic promotion and advertising.

its 2013 right, what's a website that pretty much everyone on the planet earth is familiar with? probably youtube right. think about how many players played this game on OSI back in the late 90's, early 2000's, it was almost a quarter of a million people. imagine if only a small fraction of those people, even 1% one day suddenly felt nostalgic about ultima online one day, whats one of the 2 places they would probably turn to first. google & (or) youtube?

while server placement in google search results and rankings are no easy task to be near the top without exact search strings and let alone the websites join button working which currently is obviously completely and utterly inoperable lets just go with youtube for argument sake. search bar yes? someone is reminising about the good ole uo days, "hmm wonder if people still play", they search ultima online, what comes up?

if its not any "recent" videos from our server its other free servers promoting their shards or official EA/Mythic related content. if only more people would invest some time in making some videos, documenting what actually happens on this shard it would really go such a long way and get more eyeballs on our actual server.

some people keep thinking about all this with this 90's mentality, yes this game is from the 90's but the world we live in is not, and people think and consume and get exposed to things/games in much different ways now, if were not exposing ourselves to people on the correct (modern) mediums now, its a lost cause. yes top sites are great, ive long mentioned those, but honestly, its just a small fraction of what we need to be doing...

the in game product on hybrid is really not that bad tbh no matter what anyone says. other servers are plagued with bugs, problems, corruption, extended downtimes (when was the last time hybrid was down for more than say 1 hour?) VERY RARE.

ya changes can be made, ya changes would be nice but our main issue is getting people on the actual server. and yes obviously that website is a big issue that we don't have control over but we can try and get people here in different ways.

we obviously have alot of passionate people on here that care about the shard, while we all cannot and do not have the power to fix all of the issues ourselves we can certainly all collectively make a difference if people only try.

ya that was a bit of a novel but ive said my peace :D

Norah

Wanderer
See my signature? VOTE for Hybrid! When I type "ultima online free shard" that Ultima Online Top 200 is the first thing that comes up. If we can get up high on that people will be flooding in. Copy the URL or URL/Image to your signature!

URL: http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454

Clickable Link:
Code:
[url]http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454[/url]

Clickable Image:
Code:
[URL='http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454'][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/14llezd.png[/IMG][/URL]

Clickable Image & Text:
Code:
[URL='http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/in.php?id=2454'][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/14llezd.png[/IMG][/URL] [COLOR=#808080][SIZE=1]vote.[/SIZE][/COLOR]