UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

House Taxes poll

House taxes/decor items

• I like this idea

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Don't like this idea

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Tehlawlfirm

Traveler
So me and stewi came up with an idea about houses having taxes as a good gold sink. Since alot of people seem to only logg on to refresh houses and aren't comtrubuting to the server taxing houses every two week ( time optional) would be a good way to get rid of the abundance of gold on this server.

This could work either of two ways.

1. Taxes would automatically be deducated from your bank, if on tax day you don't have gold in your bank your house would rather drop immediately or your house will start rapidly decaying and you 24 hrs to put gold in your bank.

or

2. Taxes would be paid manually every two weeks inn brit to an npc, you could pay within that month early but if you don't pay on time your house drops immediatly.

or insted of houses dropping immediately house there house signs changed to " The owner has not payed his taxes and this house will drop within 24 hours"

so people can have a heads up when its dropping

This will open it up to get people out in the world and on the day you have to pay taxes people will run around looking for houses that dropped cause people didn't pay their taxes kinda like an event. Would also be a good gold sink for the server which is needed.

Also, you could have the option to buy decor items in your house but cannot sell them. The taxes will go up for every decor item you add.

So what you guys think? good bad or don't really care.

Ideas are suggested.

Darkarna

Sorceror
So me and stewi came up with an idea about houses having taxes as a good gold sink. Since alot of people seem to only logg on to refresh houses and aren't comtrubuting to the server taxing houses every two week ( time optional) would be a good way to get rid of the abundance of gold on this server.

This could work either of two ways.

1. Taxes would automatically be deducated from your bank, if on tax day you don't have gold in your bank your house would rather drop immediately or your house will start rapidly decaying and you 24 hrs to put gold in your bank.

or

2. Taxes would be paid manually every two weeks inn brit to an npc, you could pay within that month early but if you don't pay on time your house drops immediatly.

or insted of houses dropping immediately house there house signs changed to " The owner has not payed his taxes and this house will drop within 24 hours"

so people can have a heads up when its dropping

This will open it up to get people out in the world and on the day you have to pay taxes people will run around looking for houses that dropped cause people didn't pay their taxes kinda like an event. Would also be a good gold sink for the server which is needed.

Also, you could have the option to buy decor items in your house but cannot sell them. The taxes will go up for every decor item you add.

So what you guys think? good bad or don't really care.

Ideas are suggested.

We could also implement the bedroom tax that the British Government has just introduced, the idea was to push small families out of their family home into smaller dwellings as a relief to the housing crisis. But overall, I enjoy the idea but only if it affects players with a certain amount of wealth as this could perhaps put newer players under unnecessary stress, just as the British Government has done!.

Tehlawlfirm

Traveler
Ok how about your house wouldnt decay but you could have special decor items for houses that you would have to pay taxes on, if you dont pay a monthly fee decor disappears maybe? i dont know something for a gold sink.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
This is how it was done in darkfall pretty much to a t. Worked fine there but housing was different. I'd be down though. Holy would all prob quit to lol

Divide By Zero

Traveler
This idea is great in concept. It could really work as a gold sink. I do think that this would drive veterans away from the shard, which we don't want. There could be code implemented to only require taxes on accounts over 6 months old, to keep this from stressing newer players.

A deco item vendor would also be a great gold sink, the only problem is uniqueness. No one is going to want to pay large amounts of gold for items that everyone has access to. There would need to be a level of uniqueness or customization implemented. Also with deco items on vendors for a gold sink, we lose sight of crafting. I would rather see consumable items, such as regs, boards, and ingots available from vendors as a gold sink than deco, unless the deco is unique, customizable, and not a recolor of craftable items.

I understand that regs and such are already available from vendors in town, and faction vendors, but not everyone wants to take the associated risks. A special blessed commodity deed of the supplies sold from these vendors, obviously at comparable prices (300k for 10k each reg?) would take a lot of gold off the shard over time.

I know I'll probably get the usual that's a terrible idea! You're an idiot! And such... I know these things already. Please give me some constructive criticism.

Takeover

Sorceror
This would never work for the lower class player who has a minimum knowledge of making money and received a house from a friend.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
how about only tax the rich? :p

no tax on any non max storage house (smaller types villa, small towers, 10x10, stuff like that) but if you own a premium house large tower, keep, castle or 18x18 type deal you would need to pay.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
A lot of players would hate this. In all honesty - as long as players can donate for "Millions+" within a few clicks, no combination of gold sinks will be able to keep up with it.

If you want to "fix the economy" - how about re-thinking the concept of the donation store... there is "a way" that it can be set up where the shard owner can still receive donations in exchange for items, without jeopardizing the integrity of the economy. <--- This would most likely never happen though. But... good luck with your gold sink idea as stated above... I wouldn't have high hopes of it being implemented and being successful tho.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
A lot of players would hate this. In all honesty - as long as players can donate for "Millions+" within a few clicks, no combination of gold sinks will be able to keep up with it.

If you want to "fix the economy" - how about re-thinking the concept of the donation store... there is "a way" that it can be set up where the shard owner can still receive donations in exchange for items, without jeopardizing the integrity of the economy. <--- This would most likely never happen though. But... good luck with your gold sink idea as stated above... I wouldn't have high hopes of it being implemented and being successful tho.

We're already working on revamping the donation store...

The current store is archaic and I've wanted it revamped for years. The gold on the store is a big problem... it needs to go away.

amtothepm

Knight

negative nancy, have you dropped your castle yet or you still seeking attention here?

Paracelsus

Sorceror
Anything that can draw money back from the economy has my vote. But I doubt if it can affect rich guys. I still prefer wealth (gold) tax than property tax. Wealth tax is simple and effective towards billionaires.

We could also implement the bedroom tax that the British Government has just introduced, the idea was to push small families out of their family home into smaller dwellings as a relief to the housing crisis. But overall, I enjoy the idea but only if it affects players with a certain amount of wealth as this could perhaps put newer players under unnecessary stress, just as the British Government has done!.

I doubt if it can work.
The bright side is the government can create more jobs in executing this rule.

no one likes to pay taxes irl...who wants to deal with them in a video game

I don't mind to pay tax irl if the government can use the money in the right way. Sadly, no.

This would never work for the lower class player who has a minimum knowledge of making money and received a house from a friend.

*clap* +1

Amerigo

Sorceror
Anything that can draw money back from the economy has my vote. But I doubt if it can affect rich guys. I still prefer wealth (gold) tax than property tax. Wealth tax is simple and effective towards billionaires.

This would be pretty hard to implement. Many "wealthy" players don't actually have a lot of cash sitting in a bank. Most of the money is valued in items or houses.